SteppsGer84

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

We're rapidly running out of time for this kind of talk. Warburton got time. Pedro has shown nothing. Murty got a better tune out of the team. We're crashing and burning and we can't afford to waste any time. 

Maybe the team have now given up knowing or being told most of them will be off in the summer. Pedro has just came in the door. Do we now measure managers after 6/8 games and keep firing people?????????

Just now, saltire266 said:

Maybe the team have now given up knowing or being told most of them will be off in the summer. Pedro has just came in the door. Do we now measure managers after 6/8 games and keep firing people?????????

Measurement was made prior to his appointment. Confirmed by his initial period in charge.

5 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'm pretty sure Warburton got beat 5-1 off Celtic as well.  Not to mention, Warburton is responsible for signing all of our current players who are absolutely shite.  Pedro hasn't signed a single person and trying to be our manager right now really is a thankless task.  Pedro's been left holding a back of shite and the fans are turning on him because of the manager in which he grabs the back.  Mental.

Fuck up.

Yes, 5-1, down to 9/10 men, no centre back.

1 minute ago, WWTC said:

He also said he needs to make big big changes. 

Hes outed the standard of player he has, taking responsibility for it because its his team. He's basically said the players arent good enough, and he has to be given the chance to do so imo

I agree.  It strikes me that on the one hand he is trying to shield players who he knows full well are not at the technical, physical, attitudinal, competitive, and shee damned hungry enough for success level needed at Rangers, and on the other hand openly saying big changes are needed to replace that lot with better quality players.   Message should be transmitted to King.

Just now, folkestoneger said:

What has he done that makes you think he can build a team?

What makes you think he can't build a team?  What do our fans expect of Pedro having inherited the worst squad in our history, not been able to sign a single player, and been in the job just a few weeks?  Did you expect him to close the gap between Rangers and Celtic before the end of this season?  Pedro needs the chance to build his own team and then we'll see what he can do.

27 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Why did Graham Murty get a draw with them then and actually get something out of the same group of players.

Pedro has had one half against the sheep where he looked like he had it to manage us he is as shite as we've ever had.

He didnt. Who conceded the penalty for the first goal? Where did he play when we went to the dump with Murty in charge?

2 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

I have no idea about the players he signed at previous clubs, maybe he has an eye for a player or maybe he doesn't. Perhaps foreign players will understand his ideas better. I really don't know.

Either way he deserves at least one window to try and turn things around before we go about firing him from a four year contract. 

15 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

If you honestly think today's game was more down to Pedro than it was the players you're fucking deluded. Give the guy time and a chance to build his own squad before you judge him, do people honestly think if we had Mourinho in that dugout today the result would have been different?

Of course it would! :lol: Just like if we'd had Eck, McInnes or Murty we would not have lost 5-1. No way.

29 minutes ago, KazzyTI said:

Have a fucking word with yourself. He's working with the same shite that got dicked 5-1 at the piggery. He's a manager, not a fucking miracle worker. Calling for his head is taig behaviour, utter fucking nonsense. 

He will more than likely be working with the same shite bar a couple of new loans next season doesn't bode well does it.

Sorry but to those saying he deserves a chance to build his own team I don't see what you base that on.  Since he took over from Warburton we've actually went backwards each match, talks too much in press conferences and I haven't seen one thing from him on the pitch since he's came in that's improved us or impressed.  We couldn't even pass the ball out of our third today where as under Warburton we were at least able to move the ball.  Any manager losing 5-1 at home should be sacked on the spot.

2 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

It's good enough for me, for now, that he wants to build a team for us, one that won't involve 75% of the same dross that are worse than Aberdeen.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Cringe at the excuses being made for Pedro. A new manager 90% of the time gives the club a lift and a purple patch, certainly not the case here. 

Murty with no managerial experience got much more out of these players.

Manager is not good enough, simple as that, said the same about McCoist. Unfortunately it won't happen, but would much rather a new manager was in place in the summer, because come end of next season we will be stuck with Pedro's signings who I fully expect will turn out not to be good enough.

As for the comparison between today and the 5-1 at the dump, it's no comparison, today is far worse and you need to be off your head to think otherwise.

Well said.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Fuck up.

Yes, 5-1, down to 9/10 men, no centre back.

Tynecastle? Pittodrie? Cup final against Hibs? A squad of shitebags arent goin to suddenly become courageous because a new managers in. Jason Holt is still a 5ft shitebag, the manager cant change that. Hyndman YPOTY ffs ? Criminal. 

I actually agree with the fact if we had MW today we wouldn't have been beat like that tbh. 

I'm not writing the manager off already but he really needs to hit the ground running pronto cause if were even close to 15 points off the pace come Christmas its another pointless season

2 minutes ago, Muz333 said:

I have no idea about the players he signed at previous clubs, maybe he has an eye for a player or maybe he doesn't. Perhaps foreign players will understand his ideas better. I really don't know.

Either way he deserves at least one window to try and turn things around before we go about firing him from a four year contract. 

Agreed. Atleast hes showing the players up for what they are. He coulda saved himself some aggro and started in the summer, we'd be left with half this squad next season minimum. Atleast he now knows what he has and what he needs. Hes more or less said it in his interview after the game

7 minutes ago, saltire266 said:

That could be be the reason for McKay not playing too, to protect the transfer income. For the rest, knowing with complete certainty that you are shit at football and lacking as men at a club with our expectations won't help as motivation.