Pedro, gambles, Robertson, tactics ..

K.A.I

I've made some of these points in the match thread already but some of it needs said again.

This managerial appointment was supposed to be the most important in our history given where we were. Anyone with a brain knew this yet Stewart Robertson and his wee interview panel decided to go with the one thing we couldn't do (a gamble)

It's an absolute fact that he was recommended to us by Pedro Mendes, we gave him an interview and he came across well at the interview so we gave him the job on the strength of that rather than merit or anything he's achieved in the game. That's fucking ridiculous.

In true Rangers fashion we give this bullfighting mug a 4-year contract meaning that if he is shite, it will probably cost us anywhere from 500k to 1-million quid to sack him if it appears quickly he's not the right man for us.

It's absolutely correct that he's been dealt a shite hand with the shite Warburton signed and left him but he knew that when he accepted the job. There's a lot more to being a manager than that. Good managers can still do a job with shite players - it's been documented loads elsewhere. If he got a result today or last weekend he'd have got all the credit too, and rightly so.

THAT TARRIER TEAM THAT PLAYED US OFF THE PARK AND DOMINATED US TODAY, LITERALLY 90% OF THEM WERE HERE LAST SEASON UNDER DELIA. LET THAT SINK IN WHEN MAKING THE EXCUSES FOR PEDRO ABOUT BEING LEFT WITH WARBURTON'S SHITE. 

The key is that above is "good managers" - Pedro isn't. 

We are quickly at the same stage as we were with Warburton where we know we need serious funds to improve the team but if we do get them, has Pedro shown enough so far to justify giving him the funds to spend? how can we find ourself in this fucked-up position twice in quick succession? 

Pedro is a knowledgable guy with tactics and ideas and philosophies coming out his pours - that's why he's suited to being a number two at some other team with a more technical infustructure. 

Someone earlier said he's the Portugese Ian Cathro. That's 100% correct.

It's not the time to have a pop at other fans on here but I'm hoping this is a wake-up moment for the people on here who seems to be taken in time and time against by the bluster and bullshite when we've got managers like Warburton and Pedro who talk absolute tactical pish and buy into it thinking it's what we need when it isn't. Likewise this director of football pish. 

I'm sick saying that mastering Scottish football isn't rocket science. You need to build a spine of a team starting from defence, be organised and have a winning mentality. We need a strong manager and some funds - not some revolutionary gamble. 

Does anyone ever get the feeling that we're just being trolled and laughed at by the club? I do. We've got a boardroom full of liars, self serving wankers and people that's out of their depth. 

Murty (after a couple of bad results early on, granted) was able to put his stamp on this team, get them organised and stuck in. I'd happily pay Pedro off and give it back to Murty until the summer and have the money for Pedro's termination come straight out Robertson's fucking pocket.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"Im sick saying that mastering Scottish football isn't rocket science. You need to build a spine of a team starting from defence, be organised and have a winning mentality. We need a strong manager and some funds - not some revolutionary gamble."

Pedro has yet to sign a player.

Just now, Young Bob said:

"Im sick saying that mastering Scottish football isn't rocket science. You need to build a spine of a team starting from defence, be organised and have a winning mentality. We need a strong manager and some funds - not some revolutionary gamble."

Pedro has yet to sign a player.

and? is that meant to be a contradiction or something? 

There is no doubt its a gamble but I don't see much that's going to change next season, we have players who are on contracts and will be hard to move on, there is no decent money available so next season looks like it will be this one all over again. Really don't know if I'm renewing, I've had enough of this shite. Same seat since 1986 and went for years before that but this is excrusiatingly painful.

4 minutes ago, OranjeBear said:

Rangers should never have a manager named Pedro. He does not know Rangers and has no passion. He talk good but on pitch clearly not good.

Fuck up ya wee mess. That's about ten threads you've been in ya tramp

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I've made some of these points in the match thread already but some of it needs said again.

This managerial appointment was supposed to be the most important in our history given where we were. Anyone with a brain knew this yet Stewart Robertson and his wee interview panel decided to go with the one thing we couldn't do (a gamble)

It's an absolute fact that he was recommended to us by Pedro Mendes, we gave him an interview and he came across well at the interview so we gave him the job on the strength of that rather than merit or anything he's achieved in the game. That's fucking ridiculous.

In true Rangers fashion we give this bullfighting mug a 4-year contract meaning that if he is shite, it will probably cost us anywhere from 500k to 1-million quid to sack him if it appears quickly he's not the right man for us.

It's absolutely correct that he's been dealt a shite hand with the shite Warburton signed and left him but he knew that when he accepted the job. There's a lot more to being a manager than that. Good managers can still do a job with shite players - it's been documented loads elsewhere. If he got a result today or last weekend he'd have got all the credit too, and rightly so. 

We are quickly at the same stage as we were with Warburton where we know we need serious funds to improve the team but if we do get them, has Pedro shown enough so far to justify giving him the funds to spend? how can we find ourself in this fucked-up position twice in quick succession? 

Pedro is a knowledgable guy with tactics and ideas and philosophies coming out his pours - that's why he's suited to being a number two at some other team with a more technical infustructure. 

It's not the time to have a pop at other fans on here but I'm hoping this is a wake-up moment for the people on here who seems to be taken in time and time against by the bluster and bullshite when we've got managers like Warburton and Pedro who talk absolute tactical pish and buy into it thinking it's what we need when it isn't. Likewise this director of football pish. 

I'm sick saying that mastering Scottish football isn't rocket science. You need to build a spine of a team starting from defence, be organised and have a winning mentality. We need a strong manager and some funds - not some revolutionary gamble. 

Does anyone ever get the feeling that we're just being trolled and laughed at by the club? I do. We've got a boardroom full of liars, self serving wankers and people that's out of their depth. 

Murty (after a couple of bad results early on, granted) was able to put his stamp on this team, get them organised and stuck in. I'd happily pay Pedro off and give it back to Murty until the summer and have the money for Pedro's termination come straight out Robertson's fucking pocket.

Murty should have been kept on until May. I firmly believe we'd have got a result in one of the OF games and we certainly wouldn't have shipped 5 goals.

What I don't understand is what you thinks going to change if people on here "wake up"? 

What difference will it make? 

If every Rangers fan in the world agreed with you 100% (and to be fair I'm sure a large % of them already do) what would actually happen or change? What would be different? Nothing. 

No competence, expertise or bravery at any level of the club. No money. 

It's not going to get any better. 

A bit of managerial nouns and some clever signings and we could compete. This celtic team are utterly average. We have no nous and we certainly won't be making any clever signings. 

You can only pick out of those who applied for the job and none , that I heard about , filled me with any great confidence . 

As re Pedro , it's still too early to jump to conclusions despite that horrific showing today . 

1 minute ago, gsa said:

Murty should have been kept on until May. I firmly believe we'd have got a result and ones of the OF games and we certainly wouldn't have shipped 5 goals.

What I don't understand is what you thinks going to change if people on here "wake up"? 

What difference will it make? 

If every Rangers fan in the world agreed with you 100% (and to be fair I'm sure a large % of them already do) what would actually happen or change? What would be different? Nothing. 

No competence, expertise or bravery at any level of the club. No money. 

It's not going to get any better. 

A bit of managerial nouns and some clever signings and we could compete. This celtic team are utterly average. We'd have no nous and we certainly won't be making any clever signings. 

I think you under-estimate the power that having every Rangers fan in 100% agreement and a concensus going foward can have. 

Even if it is just an internet forum, people can take their opinions into real life and with other people and eventually it can snowball a bit and maybe, just maybe the pressure is on.

You obviously think it does no good which is fine, but is it a bad thing either if everyone online wakes upto the problems? 

Just now, gmcf said:

You can only pick out of those who applied for the job and none , that I heard about , filled me with any great confidence . 

As re Pedro , it's still too early to jump to conclusions despite that horrific showing today . 

and last weeks horrific display? ... or the horrific displays against Motherwell and Kilmarnock .. how many will it take?

He's lucky that from the 85th minute at Pittodrie we found our shooting boots too btw. 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I think you under-estimate the power that having every Rangers fan in 100% agreement and a concensus going foward can have. 

Even if it is just an internet forum, people can take their opinions into real life and with other people and eventually it can snowball a bit and maybe, just maybe the pressure is on.

You obviously think it does no good which is fine, but is it a bad thing either if everyone online wakes upto the problems? 

Look at the people involved with the "fan groups"? Look at the likes of brown being involved with the club? There's never going to be consensus. We're an embarrassment. 

What is pressure going to do? There is no money, no forward planning, no common sense, no bottle. Who are we going to pressure? Robertson is just an employee? King will be kicking back in Jozi enjoying the autumn sun. 

We were never going to haves bags of money so to get Rangers back at the top or even competing we needed resolve, intelligence and guts. 

We have none of those. 

5 minutes ago, gmcf said:

No manager called pedro should ever be manager of great club Rangers. frank de boer wanted job but not offered.

Just now, gsa said:

Look at the people involved with the "fan groups"? Look at the likes of brown being involved with the club? We're an embarrassment. 

What is pressure going to do? There is no money, no forward planning, no common sense, no bottle. Who are we going to pressure? Robertson is just an employee? King will be kicking back in Jozi enjoying the autumn sun. 

We were never going to haves bags of money so to get Rangers back at the top or even competing we needed resolve, intelligence and guts. 

We have none of those. 

You've answered your own question right in the first line. Those fan groups as scummy as they are helped put pressure on to rid us of the last lot of cancers in our boardroom. That all started with online pressure and momentum. As I said, it shouldn't be under-estimated the effect a full concensus even online can have going forward. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

and last weeks horrific display? ... or the horrific displays against Motherwell and Kilmarnock .. how many will it take?

He's lucky that from the 85th minute at Pittodrie we found our shooting boots too btw. 

Yes they have been poor but do you think of those that applied for the managers job could have done any better with this squad of players? 

I'd love for us to get a Mourinho or a Ferguson, but that's not going to happen anytime soon and the calibre of manager that's applying seems to be pretty ordinary . 

The board have tried to do it on the cheap again with Pedro's appointment, he no doubt gave a good interview and I was willing to give him the chance of signing his own players, but the tactics today were so blindingly nieve  after last week that I don't think he is even a decent manager, like I said in another thread God knows where the hell the money is coming from to pay him and his staff off, and as you say Robertson also needs to be shown the door for this appointment alone, he should not have been gambling with IMO what is possibly the most important managerial appointment in our history.

You know what bothers me, the fact that Dave King never bothered his arse to come and actually interview him himself. He's just cosied up in SA saying "oh i've invested, stop 10 in a row i'm a rangers man" meanwhile True Rangers men are out in the cold, investing their time in watching a squad butcher the Rangers name. 

Also heard that there was a board official getting mouthy with a fan who was voicing concerns at the game itself. There is a lot wrong at the club right now, and it's we the fans and the club's name and legacy that is suffering. The shirt is far too heavy for some players. 

20 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The majority of that tarrier side were there last year, its just that Brenda has them playing better. Pedro isn't the answer. We could have got better for our money.

4 minutes ago, OranjeBear said:

No manager called pedro should ever be manager of great club Rangers. frank de boer wanted job but not offered.

I'd liked to have had him but didn't sound so keen in the interview I saw . May have been his wages were too much that it didn't get to the interview stage . 

2 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Yes they have been poor but do you think of those that applied for the managers job could have done any better with this squad of players? 

I'd love for us to get a Mourinho or a Ferguson, but that's not going to happen anytime soon and the calibre of manager that's applying seems to be pretty ordinary . 

Hold on a minute, literally 90% of that tarrier team that played us off the park and dominated us today were here last season under Delia. 

Sinclair was the exception.

waken up mate

2 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I'd liked to have had him but didn't sound so keen in the interview I saw . May have been his wages were too much that it didn't get to the interview stage . 

Much better than Pedro. If Rangers comeback they need big manager.

5 minutes ago, gmcf said:

He wanted it on condition he could sit on his arse until this season ended. Club wanted someone in immediately.

26 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

This is the bit that really gets me. So the guy was recommended to us by an ex-player, who also happens to be his fucking agent. I mean, it's literally his job to recommend the guy. So he gets an interview, he tells the guys interviewing him that he's a really good manager, honest. And we give him a FOUR year contract. Actually defies belief.