Caixinha talks transfers

Guest Lloyd72

Guest Lloyd72

TRUST IN ME 

Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha opens up on summer transfer plans after being linked with Ryan Jack, Kenny McLean and Graham Dorrans

HE has been linked with Scots galore — but Pedro Caixinha insists he will have no problems bringing in players he knows best this summer.

Ryan Jack, Kenny McLean and Graham Dorrans have all been mentioned as targets for the new Rangers manager.

Pedro Caixinha faces a huge rebuilding job at Ibrox this summer

But he proved in 2015 when he landed the Mexican title with Santos that he is happy to look outside his country of employment for fresh faces.

Keep up to date with ALL the latest news, transfers and goals from Scottish football plus fixtures, results and live match commentary

Caixinha admitted: “I’m assessing our squad, both Scottish players and international players.

“We have a database of players and I have a lot of knowledge of players from different leagues and competitions.

“I won’t be the first or the last coach to go for players I know and trust.

“In Mexico I brought in a lot of players at once and in six months we were champions.

“Most of the players who came in were from Argentina. Three of them were crucial — one goalkeeper, one centre-half and one midfielder.

“They were vital in winning the title and they’re still doing a great job.”

He added: “We want a new cycle at Rangers, a new era. And I know the changes that need to be made.

“But we need to remember, five years ago this club was in the Third Division.

“There’s no other club in the world who have experienced this situation.

“Within five years, here we are in European competition again so things are going in the right direction.

“It’ll take time but we’re working to reduce that time.”

Caixinha will mould his selection of pre-season games with the Europa League opener on June 29 in mind.

He explained: “I know playing pre-season games against weaker teams maybe gives you confidence, but pre-season is about preparing our identity, being relentless and fitness levels.

“That’s why I prefer to play tough opponents.”

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Things are certainly not going in the right direction :lol: 

Just suffered our worst defeat at Ibrox to them.

Going in the right direction cos he's realised the utter shite he's working with and knows he needs to bring in plenty of players.

He's clearly talking about Europe being another step onwards to where we want to be. He isn't wrong. Getting back into Europe is obviously a step in the right direction from where we were. He isn't dismissing that humiliation on Saturday.

I'm not defending him, because his tactics on Saturday were appalling, but there's no point in acting dumb over what he's said. The context is there. Read it.

Shopping in Scotland and the English lower leagues is a bit concerning.  Especially since this guy was living in Mexico up until very recently.  I know many want to sell the idea that he spent his evenings in Mexico watching Norwich and Scotland games but I'm not buying that for a minute.  So far we've only been linked with players from our own back garden so it's pleasing to hear he might draw from his previous experience as manager and sign players he knows.

Even though he's as much at fault for Saturday as anyone it's pleasing that he first accepted it was his fault and responsibility and secondly that he admits big changes are definitely needed (his words) 

Ive no idea who's on this 12 man list of his but the fact he's got one gives me a bit more hope.

Over to you now, King.

14 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Shopping in Scotland and the English lower leagues is a bit concerning.  Especially since this guy was living in Mexico up until very recently.  I know many want to sell the idea that he spent his evenings in Mexico watching Norwich and Scotland games but I'm not buying that for a minute.  So far we've only been linked with players from our own back garden so it's pleasing to hear he might draw from his previous experience as manager and sign players he knows.

The papers have only linked us with players from Scotland and England because they make shit up and don't know anyone from Mexico etc

1 minute ago, Cottonbudjoe said:

The papers have only linked us with players from Scotland and England because they make shit up and don't know anyone from Mexico etc

The papers know every last thing that happens inside Ibrox and have done for years.  They're always well informed due to the vast amount of people within the club, from the boardroom to the playing staff, who leak information.  If the papers suggest we're after these three players then we probably are.

6 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

We need a scouting network and we don't fucking have one.

John Park, who was a success at Celtic, openly wanted to come to Rangers and do a job for us.  Surely our failure to take advantage of that is to be viewed as gross incompetence by the board.  There was a proven scout there and we let him slip right through our hands.

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

John Park, who was a success at Celtic, openly wanted to come to Rangers and do a job for us.  Surely our failure to take advantage of that is to be viewed as gross incompetence by the board.  There was a proven scout there and we let him slip right through our hands.

Heard Davie Moyes Sr isn't very well at the moment, but there are surely a load of guys from 10, 20 or so years ago whose contacts and nous could be used.

Guest Lloyd72
11 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Clyde mentioned his name as someone admired from within at ibrox and that any new set up would likely involve him a few months back when Warburton left.

13 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Hopefully, that's why he wasn't considered...

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Hopefully, that's why he wasn't considered...

Guys meant to be a bear, tbh I wouldn't be turning down someone with his track record if he wanted to come to us

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I just posted a list in the suggestions page of players hes signed that might fit the bill. The argentine CB is defo on it :

"Simão Mate

Carlos Izquierdoz

Andrés Rentería

Bryan Rabello

Djaniny

Han Kook-young

If hes goin with players he knows they'll be in with a shout"

56 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The papers know every last thing that happens inside Ibrox and have done for years.  They're always well informed due to the vast amount of people within the club, from the boardroom to the playing staff, who leak information.  If the papers suggest we're after these three players then we probably are.

Agreed

the papers are scummy bastards but they know more than people like to give them credit for 

At least with 12 names being handed over it's a sign that he actually knows how bad this squad is. I'd say any manager would be able to see it and it's a stupidly obvious statement but after Warburton it's nice to be reassured. 

This summer is not only tremendously important for incoming's but our outgoing's are as equally important. Yes we have shite.. but we also have utter shite. Players like Kiernan, Senderos, O'Halloran, Halliday, under no circumstance should ever EVER pull a Rangers top on again. And that's not a compliment to the others because I'll still die a little bit inside seeing the likes of Garner, Waghorn and so many others possibly play next season. However to get those 4 names off the wage bill quickly will be massive step to us moving on. 

We were quick enough to hound MW for signing players he worked with before. 

Caixinha has openly said he will be actively looking to sign players he's worked with before and not a peep. Players from the Qatari league aren't really going to be a step up from the English dross we signed are they?