*** RangersMedia Erskine Fund - The Official 2017/18 Members Thread ***

govanblue

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erskine Park Home have just sent me a couple of photos of Veterans John and Charlie at last week's game.

As you can see, when Erskine go anywhere, they get there early - that's how you win wars. :tu:

ErskineParkIbrox2017_1.thumb.jpg.3a222c0f5f121160cdbb94c9fc1d77cd.jpgErskineParkIbrox2017_2.thumb.jpg.530b8168efd25a4f1ef6aa3c69837f5c.jpg 

ErskineParkIbrox2017_3.thumb.jpg.4fb92b9de321b6ad7d057f7967216df2.jpg

John and Charlie, and the other Erskine Park Bears, are delighted that we've renewed their season tickets again this season. :rangers:

And here they are telling John Greig all about it...

18557282_1293279644122253_95817968997103

Eagle-eyed Fund members may recognise the item John Greig is holding.

Remember these?... 

legends_medals_2_zpscc7a4326.jpg

Just one of the many items we've contributed to the Erskine Park Sporting Memories Room (or The Blue Room as it's more commonly known internally. :rangers: )

On 2017-5-20 at 2:02 PM, BluenoseCanuck said:

Can someone fill me in on this group? What does the group do and why would I join?

Just trying to get some info. Thanks in advance!

Did you get the info you needed?

If not, there's more history in this thread...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/251249-rangersmedia-sponsors’-fund-what-exactly-is-it/

And a "tag-search" for "rm erskine fund" will give you lots of other threads relating to what we do with our Members' donations.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/search/?tags=rm erskine fund&sortby=relevancy

And as for why should you join?  There are literally dozens of reasons for joining, and no good reasons for not joining.  Just ask any of last season's 200 members - they're all queuing up to do the same again this season. :rangers:

On 10/05/2017 at 11:17 PM, govanblue said:

Ways to Donate:

First of all, get yourself on the Pledged List by posting in this thread.  

Then:

1.  By cash, at the John Greig Statue, 30 minutes before Kick-off - PM me to arrange this.

2.  By cash, by handing your donation in to the Rangers Lotto office (2nd floor Broomloan House, Ibrox Stadium) and telling the girls it's for govanblue from [your RM Username].   Rangers Lotto Office is open normal business hours, plus matchdays.

3. By Bank transfer (No fees deducted) - PM me and I'll give you the sort code and account number to transfer to.  (Note: this is a new Bank Account, so don't use the account details you may have used before)

4.  By PayPal - PM me and I will give you the Fund email address to make the PayPal payment to.  (Note: PayPal will deduct a fee from every donation, even if you tick "gift", so this is the least preferred method)

5.  Debit/Credit Card - non-PayPal users can pay via PaypPal using your debit/credit card - PM me and I will give you the instructions.  Again PayPal will deduct a fee.

6.  By Post (Cheque, Cash, Postal Order or International Money Order) - PM me for a postal delivery address.

If you need to wait till Payday etc, that's fine, but still Pledge now, and we'll worry about payment whenever. :tu:

@Gman36 :thumbup:

19 hours ago, govanblue said:

Erskine Park Home have just sent me a couple of photos of Veterans John and Charlie at last week's game.

As you can see, when Erskine go anywhere, they get there early - that's how you win wars. :tu:

ErskineParkIbrox2017_1.thumb.jpg.3a222c0f5f121160cdbb94c9fc1d77cd.jpgErskineParkIbrox2017_2.thumb.jpg.530b8168efd25a4f1ef6aa3c69837f5c.jpg 

ErskineParkIbrox2017_3.thumb.jpg.4fb92b9de321b6ad7d057f7967216df2.jpg

John and Charlie, and the other Erskine Park Bears, are delighted that we've renewed their season tickets again this season. :rangers:

And here they are telling John Greig all about it...

18557282_1293279644122253_95817968997103

Eagle-eyed Fund members may recognise the item John Greig is holding.

Remember these?... 

legends_medals_2_zpscc7a4326.jpg

Just one of the many items we've contributed to the Erskine Park Sporting Memories Room (or The Blue Room as it's more commonly known internally. :rangers: )

:UK: :cheers: :UK:

:UK:

On 09/05/2017 at 9:29 PM, govanblue said:

Ways to Donate:

First of all, get yourself on the Pledged List by posting in this thread.  

Then:

1.  By cash, at the John Greig Statue, 30 minutes before Kick-off - PM me to arrange this.

2.  By cash, by handing your donation in to the Rangers Lotto office (2nd floor Broomloan House, Ibrox Stadium) and telling the girls it's for govanblue from [your RM Username].   Rangers Lotto Office is open normal business hours, plus matchdays.

3. By Bank transfer (No fees deducted) - PM me and I'll give you the sort code and account number to transfer to.  (Note: this is a new Bank Account, so don't use the account details you may have used before)

4.  By PayPal - PM me and I will give you the Fund email address to make the PayPal payment to.  (Note: PayPal will deduct a fee from every donation, even if you tick "gift", so this is the least preferred method)

5.  Debit/Credit Card - non-PayPal users can pay via PaypPal using your debit/credit card - PM me and I will give you the instructions.  Again PayPal will deduct a fee.

6.  By Post (Cheque, Cash, Postal Order or International Money Order) - PM me for a postal delivery address.

I think that should cover most donors' needs?

@archangel gabriel amato

Donation sent by bank transfer.Great to donate to such a worthwhile cause.Its also fantastic to actually get updates on where the money goes and see the obvious delight on the faces of those it benefits.Big thanks to you all for doing such a wonderful job???????????

35 minutes ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Donation sent by bank transfer.Great to donate to such a worthwhile cause.Its also fantastic to actually get updates on where the money goes and see the obvious delight on the faces of those it benefits.Big thanks to you all for doing such a wonderful job???????????

@govanblue does most of the hard work. It feels good to help though and Erskine deserves only the best from us. 

Thanks to you too. :dance:

18447619_1289384764511741_45485030068359

http://rangerscharity.org.uk/news/foundation-helps-fund-minibus-for-erskine-residents

Lee Hodson today welcomed Erskine residents to the Rangers Training Centre in their new minibus which the Rangers Charity Foundation helped to fund via its Armed Forces Partnership.

The Foundation donated £10,000 to Erskine as part of a wider initiative which saw it pledge £25,000 to services-related charities this season. 

The new minibus, which has been specially adapted to cater for the often complex health issues of the residents, will allow them to take part in day trips and other outings to help them enjoy a full, active and meaningful life. 

Erskine is Scotland’s foremost provider of care for veterans and their spouses, offering unrivalled nursing, residential, respite and dementia care in four homes throughout Scotland. The Rangers Charity Foundation has a long history of supporting Erskine, having previously donated to projects such as the Centenary Garden, electric profile beds for residents and refurbishing the Royal Scots Shop.

Lee Hodson commented: “It was great to welcome the Erskine residents up to the Training Ground today in their new minibus, which I believe is the vehicle that will be used to bring them along to Ibrox for games. Thank you to all the fans who helped the Rangers Charity Foundation raise this money for such a worthwhile cause.”

Robert Swan, Transport Manager at Erskine said: “This new VW Transporter is a great addition to our fleet of vehicles at Erskine. As it takes two wheelchairs it will be perfect when taking a couple of residents to hospital appointments. We will also use it frequently to take residents to football matches and to fulfil veterans’ wishes where they have a specific request about a day trip they would like to go on. It will be a real asset to our veterans and we thank the Rangers Charity Foundation very much for their kind donation.”

Connal Cochrane, Director of the Rangers Charity Foundation, will undertake a personal challenge walking the Great Glen next month in support of the Foundation’s Armed Forces Partnership.  

He commented: “Signing up to the Armed Forces Covenant last year really cemented our ongoing support for both serving personnel and veterans and this should be a source of pride for all our supporters.

“A long standing commitment to the wonderful work of Erskine is very much a part of this and it is a real pleasure for us to see the minibus which our donation has helped make possible. I hope it will provide many years of memorable experiences for Erskine residents.”

The Foundation also plans donations of £5,000 to Poppyscotland, The Rifles Regimental Trust’s Care For Casualties appeal and Combat Stress as part of its Armed Forces Partnership.

@K.A.I - give this a like! :p:

I see we have 84 Members donated, and 84 members Pledged to donate, but not yet donated.

Which seems a good time for an update...

The money raised from the 84 members so far is:

£2750.99

Which was enough to pay the £2310 for our 8 Season Ticket Renewals and leave us with £440.99

:rangers:

And so now it's up to you remaining 84 Pledged Members (plus lots of New Members Pledging would be nice too!!!) to get your donations in.  

Anything else we do this season (and we plan to do lots!!!) will be down to you guys (although you can expect reinforcements in November).  :rangers:

Archived