High Risk Strategy

A lot has been said about Caixinha's interview and the need for a clear out. While I agree with the sentiment I can't help think that he is playing a risky game by being so public and quick to make such statements.

What if he can't get rid of the players he needs to, to make room for new players?

What if he doesn't get the budget he was promised for these new players?

What if these new players do not want to join us or get better offers?

I'm not sure a more experienced manager would have come out publicly at this stage and/or tell players they have no future before having concrete replacements. It is possible that we could start next season with roughly the same squad. If that were to happen I don't think it would be a squad that were behind the manager and if you combine that with their ability we could have a worse season, if that is possible, than this one has been.

Ever the optimist.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

A lot has been said about Caixinha's interview and the need for a clear out. While I agree with the sentiment I can't help think that he is playing a risky game by being so public and quick to make such statements.

What if he can't get rid of the players he needs to, to make room for new players?

I'm not sure a more experienced manager would have come out publicly at this stage and/or tell players they have no future before having concrete replacements. It is possible that we could start next season with roughly the same squad. If that were to happen I don't think it would be a squad that were behind the manager and if you combine that with their ability we could have a worse season, if that is possible, than this one has been.

Ever the optimist.

One way or another- the players that are surplus will be gone. Blame the board for sanctioning 4th rate players in the hope they could somehow be mounded into world beaters.  Now that is a high risk strategy 

2 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

One way or another- the players that are surplus will be gone. Blame the board for sanctioning 4th rate players in the hope they could somehow be mounded into world beaters.  Now that is a high risk strategy 

Not only have the board shown inexperience in sanctioning the 4th rate players .... their choice of managers leaves a lot of unanswered questions that speak for the condition we have had to endure the last two seasons.

I hope PC gets the chance to prove if he is worth his salt to reverse the damage done .... if not we are in for more torrid times ahead.

:UK:

10 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

There is a lot you can blame the board for but player signings has to lie with the management. Do you want the board deciding who the manager should and shouldn't sign? Budget yeah but we could have got better quality for what we spent last season.

See to be honest, I like what he says. He's straight talking and right to the point. 

Some of they players need to be told they aren't worth a fuck and the sooner they're gone the better. If it hurts their feelings so what, it's nothing compared to the hurt we've endured watching them play. 

I don't think it'll be too hard to get rid of the vast majority. Kiernan, Forrester, Waghorn, Crooks, Mckay, Hodson and Garner will be picked up by one of the 72 clubs in the Championship and below.

Senderos, Hill, Hyndman and Toral will be gone.

Rossiter, Dodoo and Windass are still promising players IMO.

The players we'll be lumped with are Krancjar, Halliday, Holt and MOH. 

45 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Ever the optimist.

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
You'll be a Man my son!

He's not really said anything that anyone doesn't already know. Theres too many with no heart and fight, he wants real men who'll handle the pressure, and he's going to make changes. 

It's not like he's came out and said Wallace hasn't got a set of balls and Garner is more interested in rolling about the grass than playing football. 

He's done well IMO as he's let players know this season isn't acceptable and that there will be cuts. If nothing else it gets them all to up their game, and every one of their agents will be on the lookout to try and move them on. 

8 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I don't think it'll be too hard to get rid of the vast majority. Kiernan, Forrester, Waghorn, Crooks, Mckay, Hodson and Garner will be picked up by one of the 72 clubs in the Championship and below.

Senderos, Hill, Hyndman and Toral will be gone.

Rossiter, Dodoo and Windass are still promising players IMO.

The players we'll be lumped with are Krancjar, Halliday, Holt and MOH. 

I think both MOH and Holt will be away too mate.

I would imagine for instance when Waghorn's agent got him to sign it was with him thinking that in a few years he could have got him a move down south on more money. No laughing now!

That will not have changed but not his agent will be thinking the last thing he wants his client to do is get very little game time over the next 12 months as getting a move then could be much harder. So he will be potentially testing the water to see if any moves are in the offing. The player himself may have made choice to either stay and fight or try and get a move.

Either way with the majority of these players I don't see anything wrong with what Pedro has said

I think the gaffer is looking for a reaction from the guys that want to make a go of it.

The others who clearly dont want to be here should start looking for another club and let us get on with.

Its Pedros way or the highway. The big matador is showing them the door  - ole!

22 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

There is a lot you can blame the board for but player signings has to lie with the management. Do you want the board deciding who the manager should and shouldn't sign? Budget yeah but we could have got better quality for what we spent last season.

We went for better players including kolo toure but the board wouldn't pay for them that is their fault.

39 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Not only have the board shown inexperience in sanctioning the 4th rate players .... their choice of managers leaves a lot of unanswered questions that speak for the condition we have had to endure the last two seasons.

I hope PC gets the chance to prove if he is worth his salt to reverse the damage done .... if not we are in for more torrid times ahead.

To be fair in Warburton the board brought in the manager a lot of fans wanted. Their biggest mistake was sticking with McCoist for so long but I'm not even sure that was the same board 

1 hour ago, loyalfollower said:

The blame starts and stops with Warburton, if Pedro tells them he's got a mexican worldbeater and the board deny him the funds then we're all fuc*ed. Recruitment is the managers responsibility and as soon as the board questioned Warburtons signing policy in January the divorce became  imminent and predictable. 

1 hour ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Ever the optimist.

I think every manager has their own style, this is his. We're yet to be completely proven one way or another if it works. 

Perhaps don't look at things so black and white either, he's feeding the media with a constant drip of printable soundbites, this in turn takes control of the conversation and lowers the amount of speculation - which in my eyes is always far more damaging than what Pedro has said. 

Also by being so public he's effectively calling the board out, he's set his expectations to them and to us. Complete transparency, if the board fail to deliver he's protected himself and also highlighted to all of us just how much they're not up to the task. 

42 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

We went for better players including kolo toure but the board wouldn't pay for them that is their fault.

I think his point was that the board sanctioned the signing of the players we did have. Yes you can blame the board for not making enough funds available and the signings we maybe missed out on. Kolo Toure though? 

51 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

I think both MOH and Holt will be away too mate.

I think MOH will sit on his contract unless he's used as a makeweight for a Scottish based player tbh mate. 

Holt will not get anywhere near the kind of money he's on just now so can't see him being moved on either.

Both failed miserably in England so can't see them going back there either.

13 minutes ago, Spectre said:

To be fair in Warburton the board brought in the manager a lot of fans wanted. Their biggest mistake was sticking with McCoist for so long but I'm not even sure that was the same board 

:tu:

MW started off well I agree .... but he was not the current board's first choice .... I was behind him and liked the style of play he introduced .... but his choice of players were later to be his downfall .... this has been proven to this day and PC has been left to pick up the pieces of the previous manager's underestimating the task at hand in the premiership .... that is why I stated the inexperience lay with both the board and the manager .... the board's part being that they trusted in what they thought was the right thing ...  we all did I suppose ... unfortunately for us all  .... it wasn't ..... now we have PC who is also inexperienced in the premiership and also to the Scottish game .... hopefully he can change things round.

AMcC was the previous board's long headache .... as you rightly supposed .... it's been a shitty time for us all these last ±6 seasons mate ... it's surely got to improve ..... :lol:

I think it's a good strategy, there's not a lot of games left until the end of the season. He never named any players who will definitely leave. The players who want to stay will try harder and try to prove themselves. The ones who aren't interested will have plenty of time for their agents to find somewhere else for them. Most players that aren't guaranteed a game next season will probably be looking for a move, any that are happy to stay and earn a wage for nothing.... time for some double or treble training sessions, that'll chase the work shy away!

54 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

See to he honest, I like what he says. He's straight talking and right to the point. 

Some of they players need to be told they aren't worth a fuck and the sooner they're gone the better. If it hurts their feelings so what, it's nothing compared to the hurt we've endured watching them play. 

Yeah that's one aspect of Pedro I can't fault. I think he was testing them mentally when he said they were shitebags before the old firm game.

Some times players need to hear some home truths. I don't think the guy is dumb. He's seeing what they are made off. Even if some remain it should motivate them if they have any substance. Look at the reaction from Ally and Albertz when they got dropped. If it doesn't work then they are no use to a club like Rangers. Pedro's right about players needing a winning mentality and bottle. 

It's the way we've been playing that concerns me but I think there maybe some method to Pedro's madness. He's also seems to have sussed our media out from what I've seen and read yesterday.

If the board back him maybe he will prove to be better than I first thought. Hopefully our play improves before the end of the season so we can be a bit more confident going forward. I think the guy is maybe only focussing on what he has to work with and next season. Unless we continue to play rotten I'm going to try and cut him some slack because his strategy if I'm right makes sense.

It's just what we are seeing on the pitch that is doing my head in. Here's hoping it improves and we see some proper footballers being signed.

We need a bigger squad anyway so hopefully if we still have a lot of these clowns next season we are much less dependant upon them. That will be down to the board backing the guy. Any less than five players in and it's just going to be another shambles of a season.

Time to get the wallet out Mr King. You'll never be forgiven if we have to go through another season like this again because of cheap skating the team after all your promises.

1 hour ago, westenclosure2008 said:

No I don't.

*cough* Joey Barton *cough*

17 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I think his point was that the board sanctioned the signing of the players we did have. Yes you can blame the board for not making enough funds available and the signings we maybe missed out on. Kolo Toure though? 

He was linked before he signed to them along with mariappa etc both would be an improvement on what we have undoubtedly.