DeanMK

Bruno Alves

439 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

12th in the serie A is still miles ahead of where we are as a club . If we were linked with a West Ham (12th in the premier league) player we would be buzzing aswell at the moment . The guy has a past pedigree and a decent international record at a top level international team . 

I'm not sure whether you understood my sarcasm or not? 

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

IF it was John terry I doubt you'd be doing so tbh

There is a bit of a difference between Terry and Alves tbf.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Ah okay. You win! I thought he was there captain or something, Was that because of a suspension he played once?

Nah mate just Pepe and Fonte were infront of him. 

Still a fantastic signing

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

IF it was John terry I doubt you'd be doing so tbh

Would I prefer John Terry? Of course I would. You'd need to know nothing about football if you would take Alves over Terry.   

4 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

A defender that actually knows how to defend. This is weird.

Imagine we actually start clearing corners into our box 

IMG_1539.GIF

2 people like this

Who is cwoodloyal?

He is stating that Dorrans, Alves and Naismith are 3 out of 5 big hitters Pedro wants to sign.

Jack is one of 5 first team players he wants to sign. Apparently got a list of 9

16 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Alves played once.

In the semi final.

2 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Who is cwoodloyal?

He is stating that Dorrans, Alves and Naismith are 3 out of 5 big hitters Pedro wants to sign.

Jack is one of 5 first team players he wants to sign. Apparently got a list of 9

He's very hit and miss with his information from what I've seen. But he does get some right

3 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Who is cwoodloyal?

Said last week I would be pleased if we landed alves and dorrans . Naismith is another topic altogether already on here :lol: Tend to think it is going to happen regardless of wether we like it or not 

3 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Said last week I would be pleased if we landed alves and dorrans . Naismith is another topic altogether already on here :lol: Tend to think it is going to happen regardless of wether we like it or not 

What kind of fee would we need to pay for Dorrans? If you add a decent striker to that on paper we could put a good first 11 together. Still think at least one decent wide player is a must.

13 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

There is a bit of a difference between Terry and Alves tbf.

Aye name and what league they play in thats it 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Aye name and what league they play in thats it 

Bruno Alves has never been near the quality of Terry, let's be honest.

Terry was world class.

15 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Would I prefer John Terry? Of course I would. You'd need to know nothing about football if you would take Alves over Terry.   

would you be exercising caution if we signed JT doubt it thats the point..... no who I'd prefer 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Bruno Alves has never been near the quality of Terry, let's be honest.

Terry was world class.

Yes I agree

The caution towards the alves signing tho I dont get....

Just now, KingKirk said:

would you be exercising caution if we signed JT doubt it thats the point..... no who I'd prefer 

Probably not as much only because I've seen JT more over the last few seasons and undoubtably he is talked up more in Britain, plus he is used to a faster pace of football . JT is being linked with Premiership teams so that as well would give me more faith in signing him, not like that's even an option though. I'm not saying I'm not happy with someone of Alves's pedigree signing all I'm saying is that I'd like to see him play before I believe he is the answer. We've been burnt before. He'll have my backing though.

1 person likes this

Excellent if true, never seen him kick a ball but what I have read, I am loving him already. Tough tackling, muscular, Latino, who will put the steel back in our defence. YYAAAASSSS I am so excited, great first signing for Pedro. Sends a strong message to our rivals, buckle up :guns:

No matter what we do there is always some dour faced arsepiece wanting to moan, seriously take a fuck to yourselves man what chance ye got?!

1 person likes this

31 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Who is cwoodloyal?

I would like Dorrans. Alves and Dorrans out of those three and we can move forward from there with some other additions.

9 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

No matter what we do there is always some dour faced arsepiece wanting to moan, seriously take a fuck to yourselves man what chance ye got?!

I thought it was only my Mrs that called me a dour faced arsepiece 😂 

1 person likes this

40 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Who is cwoodloyal?

Not that I believe this info but I'd be very happy if this was true. And if some of these Mexican players were part of the 5 first team players too. 

I just really hope we land a top striker and a good RW too. We literally have no right wingers at the club apart from MOH and have been playing strikers there all season

1 person likes this