Gustav    6,478

Obviously if we can get better go for it but I'd be OK with him and Wilson as first choices, think they'd compliment each other well, Wilson needs someone like that beside him.

onefootwillie    910

Do hope Alves signs . I think he would be a great asset and our young CBs could learn a lot from him 

Gustav    6,478
2 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I still think there's hope for Wilson, he's looked decent in spells this season.

Yup, his biggest fault is his concentration, hopefully someone like Alves wouldn't let him take his eye off the ball.

Turnberry18    2,419
2 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I still think there's hope for Wilson, he's looked decent in spells this season.

I agree with you there. There have been times when the potential for Wilson to be a solid CB has been evident. Danny has a good mentality to his game; which is a great asset for that position as well.

jackrfc95    2,130
Just now, Frank Harrison said:

Yup, his biggest fault is his concentration, hopefully someone like Alves wouldn't let him take his eye off the ball.

I'd also say that like Miller he's another one that cant believe what's going on around him sometimes.

Captain Hilts    7,745

Would be some start to the window.

Jimbeamjunior    8,904
12 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I'd also say that like Miller he's another one that cant believe what's going on around him sometimes.

Its almost like his head goes down when he sees the shite he's playing with

The Monk    974
14 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Would be some start to the window.

I also would like to think Alves has joined us with some idea of the other players Pedro will be bringing in.

Turnberry18    2,419
2 minutes ago, The Monk said:

I also would like to think Alves has joined us with some idea of the other players Pedro will be bringing in.

It's an interesting point. A player of his calibre may want some assurance that he is playing alongside players of a similar standard. I reckon he has been given that and that his signing with indicate that our other targets will be secured.  Hopefully.

Gaz52    11,629
1 hour ago, kris1984 said:

Cwoodloyal talks pish IMO. Throw enough shit some is going to stick, seems to be his tactics. Plus takes a tantrum if he's called out for talking BS.

John Swift

Lafferty and Will Grigg last summer

Kenny Dalglish and Brian Kidd for DoF

Pardew for manager

thats just some of th utter shite he's came out with. Wouldn't listen to him, he's just picking names weve been linked with then praying it happens

It was the Sun that said we've signed Alves, not cwoodloyal

kris1984    513
7 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

It was the Sun that said we've signed Alves, not cwoodloyal

Talking about the 5 first team played (Alves one of them) and 4 squad players he claims to know of

Supersonic    1,060
3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Who's the other top quality player? 

None of the ITK crew have said yet. A couple of them say Mclean's another and a couple others say he's definitely no :lol:

Vanoli    2,130

Definitely agree on Wilson still having a lot to offer, but he has carried quite a lot of injuries this season as well. Still think we need another decent signing at centre back, but in saying that proper protection from the midfield is the biggest priority. We could look night and day different with even a half adequate holding midfielder. 

kris1984    513
1 minute ago, Vanoli said:

Definitely agree on Wilson still having a lot to offer, but he has carried quite a lot of injuries this season as well. Still think we need another decent signing at centre back, but in saying that proper protection from the midfield is the biggest priority. We could look night and day different with even a half adequate holding midfielder. 

Agree defo need DM, I suppose that's what Jack is. Or Rossiter if he's able.

PRW.    4,045
39 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

Talking about the 5 first team played (Alves one of them) and 4 squad players he claims to know of

That claim is from both him and DocStone(ex Rangers staff member) so hopefully something in it. 

5 "top signings" (Alves being one of them) and 4 others (Jack being one of them).

1 hour ago, PRW. said:

That claim is from both him and DocStone(ex Rangers staff member) so hopefully something in it. 

5 "top signings" (Alves being one of them) and 4 others (Jack being one of them).

Can't believe i'm asking cause I know it's 99% chance it's loada shite but i'm a nosey bastard.

They mention names?

Broxi    1,245

Didn't someone else say yesterday it was 3 "star" players, 5 first team players and 2/3 squad players?

I personally don't think we should be signing any "squad" players. If we're signing someone to replace Hodson, go find someone who's better than Tav. If we're trying to replace Kiernan's position on bench, find someone who's better than Wilson. That's easier said than done in the constraints of a budget and maybe it won't be practical, but I don't want us to be actively looking for someone who's a back up option, we have players we could have kept to fill that up. If we are signing midfielders to sit on the bench, keep Holt, Kranjcar and Rossiter for that and put more money into quality. 

Also, if one of our star signings isn't a striker I'm gonna kill someone. Also need a top RW too. 

onefootwillie    910

You can be sure that if we do sign him the press will start to say he is a hot head and push about his sending offs which actually are not that many especially given his age .  That however will be the angle not his quality as a footballer 

Billy1984    2,252
6 hours ago, jackrfc95 said:

Wouldn't be against that either. Danny Wilson next to Clint hill was 100x better than the one playing with keirnan. I'd imagine big rob would have that affect on most players though. 

cr3_bear    4,745
11 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Here's a picture of him training to jog your memory. 

IMG_0590.thumb.JPG.d3036fcbd48c62a5188c870e3412fc70.JPG

Waghorn would still miss 

Liam_RFC    213
7 hours ago, Broxi said:

Didn't someone else say yesterday it was 3 "star" players, 5 first team players and 2/3 squad players?

I personally don't think we should be signing any "squad" players. If we're signing someone to replace Hodson, go find someone who's better than Tav. If we're trying to replace Kiernan's position on bench, find someone who's better than Wilson. That's easier said than done in the constraints of a budget and maybe it won't be practical, but I don't want us to be actively looking for someone who's a back up option, we have players we could have kept to fill that up. If we are signing midfielders to sit on the bench, keep Holt, Kranjcar and Rossiter for that and put more money into quality. 

Also, if one of our star signings isn't a striker I'm gonna kill someone. Also need a top RW too. 

Spot on mate 

Ger_onimo    3,849
10 hours ago, Frank Harrison said:

Obviously if we can get better go for it but I'd be OK with him and Wilson as first choices, think they'd compliment each other well, Wilson needs someone like that beside him.

:tu:However much we bang on about the entire squad not being good enough, some of them will be if they're not surrounded by shite. A few might surprise us, but as definitely think Wilson will be one of them.

K.A.I    20,722

The thought of Wilson even next to Alves is depressing as fuck.

We can't fall into this trap - we need much better, full stop.