DeanMK

Bruno Alves

439 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The thought of Wilson even next to Alves is depressing as fuck.

We can't fall into this trap - we need much better, full stop.

Got to agree I think with 2 seasons under his belt in his second stint and I think he's a squad player at best.

To be honest i thought you were all talking about Aidan Wilson who I do think has potential alongside an Alves type defender :thumbsup:

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The thought of Wilson even next to Alves is depressing as fuck.

We can't fall into this trap - we need much better, full stop.

Totally agree. Wilson won't give us that strong spine that a title challenging squad needs. Would be a constant weakness in my opinion. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've won titles with poorer defenders than Danny Wilson. 

He's not ideal, but if we bring in Alves I would rather see us bring in a quality player in another position than shelling out for another centre half.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Creampuff said:

We've won titles with poorer defenders than Danny Wilson. 

We've even won a title WITH Danny Wilson! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

We've won titles with poorer defenders than Danny Wilson. 

He's not ideal, but if we bring in Alves I would rather see us bring in a quality player in another position than shelling out for another centre half.

You do have a valid point, we moaned about defence but scoring goals was probably our biggest issue last year.

I do get the feeling Pedro wants a hard working together unit that is hard to beat first and foremost. Creative players aren't cheap.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

You do have a valid point, we moaned about defence but scoring goals was probably our biggest issue last year.

I do get the feeling Pedro wants a hard working together unit that is hard to beat first and foremost. Creative players aren't cheap.

It definitely is our biggest issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wilson's been excellent since the snake slithered away up until his injury. He's another good player who's been dragged down by shite alongside him. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

You do have a valid point, we moaned about defence but scoring goals was probably our biggest issue last year.

I do get the feeling Pedro wants a hard working together unit that is hard to beat first and foremost. Creative players aren't cheap.

Our defending has been truely awful just about all season, but often it was from being exposed or out of position. How often did Tav get caught out with cross balls at the start of the season? But our system left our defence horribly exposed, and we had no defensive side to our midfield at all. 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Defo need a minimum of one more quality centre half. No doubt about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Our defending has been truely awful just about all season, but often it was from being exposed or out of position. How often did Tav get caught out with cross balls at the start of the season? But our system left our defence horribly exposed, and we had no defensive side to our midfield at all. 

 

Yup defending starts up the park in open play. Our midfield this year have been powerderpuff, lazy shitebags who never get stuck in, never track back and as you say the whole full backs marauding forward and being caught out positionally (then casually jog back) has been our undoing. That's why wing backs usually get played with a back 3.

Would love Alves and another of that ilk, 2 solid hardworking midfielders, 2 creative midfielders/wingers and a striker that can finish.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Creampuff said:

We've won titles with poorer defenders than Danny Wilson. 

He's not ideal, but if we bring in Alves I would rather see us bring in a quality player in another position than shelling out for another centre half.

Who was a poorer centre half than wilson? 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Who was a poorer centre half than wilson? 

Khizanishvili?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

Wilson's been excellent since the snake slithered away up until his injury. He's another good player who's been dragged down by shite alongside him. 

Prepare to be shot down .I tend to agree with you in some aspects though. I think he could come on level or 2 playing beside the right guy.Bruno could be that guy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Khizanishvili?

Not a starting centre half and didnt win a title either im sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Not a starting centre half and didnt win a title either im sure

Won it in 2004-05. Made 16 appearances.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Not a starting centre half and didnt win a title either im sure

04/05

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Won it in 2004-05. Made 16 appearances.

 

10 minutes ago, Marky. said:

04/05

Again boumsong, andrews and kyrgiakos (sp) were our starting centre halves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He not a right back?

Wasn't much of either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

 

Again boumsong, andrews and kyrgiakos (sp) were our starting centre halves

Wasn't disagreeing with you, just answering your query about him winning a title.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scott1872 said:

So Bruno Alves...

Who? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scott1872 said:

So Bruno Alves...

Wont get in the team ahead of Aidan Wilson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A booking and conceded 6 goals in his last game for Cagliari... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now