Guest Lloyd72   
Guest Lloyd72

The tough-tackling centre-half, 35, helped Portugal become kings of Europe last year. 

Alves still has a year left on his Cagliari contract but Rangers are hoping the Italians will let him go on a free, although they would be prepared to pay a nominal fee.

With 89 caps, he has a wealth of experience and has claimed titles with Porto, Fenerbahce and Zenit St Petersburg.

Ibrox manager Caixinha has stated he wants “men” to come into his team and compete with Celtic next season, and no-nonsense countryman Alves certainly fits the bill.

Caixinha has tasked his agent, ex-Light Blues midfielder Pedro Mendes, with persuading his former international team-mate to move to Glasgow.

Prso's headband    6,023

This is now getting interesting. 

We've essentially been linked with 4 players, all defensively minded. Hallelujah.

What a signing that would be btw. Get that donkey Senderos tae fuck and give his wages to Alves

Guest Lloyd72   
Guest Lloyd72

Hopefully we can pull this deal off, would love to see Brown on the receiving end of a tackle like this

590cf811cb005_download(8).jpg.ee6083cde209e921515392e23ec42646.jpg

kanjo    1,160

He's the type of player we need but, he's a bit slow. Would be interesting for sure. 

Cobham    1,272
1 minute ago, kanjo said:

He's the type of player we need but, he's a bit slow. Would be interesting for sure. 

Maybe to play along side the Ghanaian boy who looks quick if a bit unrefined! 

kanjo    1,160
Just now, Cobham said:

Maybe to play along side the Ghanaian boy who looks quick if a bit unrefined! 

Forgot about that. Good shout. A bastard and a quick footed centre half pairing is excellent if it happens!

Bronzy    2,702

Imagine he did this to Scott Brown :bow:

Dryhorse    7

Massive up grade on anything we have good for a two seasons has the experience to bring a younger player on let's hope it's the kind of signing that brings others our way like Nestor Alajuro who has Forientini Sevila Porto Bayern Leverkusen in for him might be all paper talk though two ways will see it when it happens

davis1986    584

will be a marked man up here if we sign him. Any tackle will always be questioned and prob red card giving the state of refs here. Good solid international player though we defo need 

WWTC    795
34 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Pitch geography is tremendous 

Learns from his mistakes and goes again

WWTC    795

Hed be a fair statement, but he really is a monster and a stick on for 2-3 reds a season. 

CoatbridgeBear    2,448

This is more fuckin like it! Mon the fuckin Rangers. Strange too I got a text a wee while ago with a bit of info and I dismissed it but this was part of it and the guys usually on the ball.

Guest Lloyd72   
Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

This is more fuckin like it! Mon the fuckin Rangers. Strange too I got a text a wee while ago with a bit of info and I dismissed it but this was part of it and the guys usually on the ball.

WHat was the other part of it?

CoatbridgeBear    2,448
4 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

WHat was the other part of it?

To be honest mate it was a bit far-fetched to do with money etc, and my reply was actually saying don't be daft in regards to Alves 😂

Bellshill_Bear    687

My Mrs went to the same school as his wife and Doesn't want him to sign for rangers as she is a rabid and doesn't want deep fried food

Guest Lloyd72   
Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

To be honest mate it was a bit far-fetched to do with money etc, and my reply was actually saying don't be daft in regards to Alves 😂

Alves will be an expensive signing if it does happen but even if it doesn't come off it's nice to know we're looking at the right level of player for next season. I have a hopeful feeling that we might actually see a good amount spent on transfers this window

Guest Lloyd72   
Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

My Mrs went to the same school as his auntie. Doesn't want him to sign for rangers as she is a rabid and doesn't want deep fried food

I heard he was in the Taigs end for the 2002 SC final