Mr souness 63 tomorrow

Weemani

Roy Keane was a pound shop Greame Souness. He was a great player and simply the boss on the pitch. I'll never forget how great it was to be a Rangers supporter under him. The utter belief he gave us all and the passion of the bears for the guy was the best I've seen. Best manager I've seen in this sense.

Might have been because I was a kid but it was like we had the best leader on and off the pitch in football. I wouldn't have swapped him for anyone. The best time I've known at Rangers was under Souness. The club was leading the way in British football.

1 hour ago, burnbank bear said:

Aye he loved us that much he fucked off at the drop of a hat to Liverpool 

Worked out for the best though. Don't think he'd achieved what Sir Walter did.

Who gives a **** about him, he walked away when others came calling despite saying a week before he was going nowhere.  Never forget, never forgive, just like the players like Lafferty etc. who walked.  And as for being a Rangers man, bollox to that.

:notallowed:

5 hours ago, burnbank bear said:

Aye he loved us that much he fucked off at the drop of a hat to Liverpool 

He didn't just fuck off to anyone though, he left us for a club he was a living legend at, it was a mistake for him professionally but you can't fault anyone for going 'home'

For those old enough to remember it was utterly incredible when he signed for us, halcyon days indeed. He started the Rangers revolution and for those like myself who followed for so long watching a mediocre team it was ecstatic to see the sheep, Dundee Utd and them being put back in their place one by one.The signings being made at the time were out of this world in Scottish Football. 

Sure it  was a major disappointment when he left but we did go onto win 9 in a row. He is an utter legend in my view.

Some Rangers fans will never forgive him for leaving but then again some Rangers fans will  have already forgotten about last Saturday.

4 hours ago, BallochBear said:

Who gives a **** about him, he walked away when others came calling despite saying a week before he was going nowhere.  Never forget, never forgive, just like the players like Lafferty etc. who walked.  And as for being a Rangers man, bollox to that.

He's fuckall like Lafferty etc. Ridiculous comparison.

1 hour ago, centenarystand said:

For those old enough to remember it was utterly incredible when he signed for us, halcyon days indeed. He started the Rangers revolution and for those like myself who followed for so long watching a mediocre team it was ecstatic to see the sheep, Dundee Utd and them being put back in their place one by one.The signings being made at the time were out of this world in Scottish Football. 

Sure it  was a major disappointment when he left but we did go onto win 9 in a row. He is an utter legend in my view.

Some Rangers fans will never forgive him for leaving but then again some Rangers fans will  have already forgotten about last Saturday.

I think David Holmes and Lawrence Marlborough had a large part to play as well but you're right the confidence that Souness brought to what had become a leaden club was remarkable ... and it taught me how vital it is to have the right,man that the players believe in at the top 

For the doubters, he said last night that he remembers where he was when many significant things happened in the world, princess di, 9_11 and others and finished saying 'I'll remember where i was when i saw those bastards dancing at ibrox on saturday'... also he does regret leaving and had actually knocked liverpool back twice, until u hear him talk about our club nobody will understand that he is a full blown rangers man.

Unfortunately i now have a man crush on a 63year old!?

I welcome the forthcoming pelters?

I fear that the main reason the club wouldn't bring him in as some kind of ambassador even without him wanting a wage is that they couldn't cope with the home truths that he told them (or us about them).

Get him in at Auchenhowie in some capacity please, even if its just to have a chat with the young players every now and again.

10 hours ago, BallochBear said:

Shut up. 

Just now, BallochBear said:

Bit cringy