Sign in to follow this  
Rangers_no1

*****Q1 Progrès Niederkorn Q2 AEL Limassol*****

If these Europa League ties are kicking off at 1700hrs or the like, the heat will be absolutely stifling.

The good thing is that Pedro and his signings will be used to a bit of heat, unlike Warbs and his shitbag Kidderminster Harriers rejects.

giffnockger likes this

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

People try do it earlier because it's cheaper.

It should 100% have been the Thursday.

I get that but they were told it was likely to change from the Thursday.. Why would you book it?

Why should it 100% have been played on the Thursday? Game dates/times are never confirmed as soon as a draw is made. If us and the Tarriers were both drawn at home on the same night in a Europa League draw should both fixtures go ahead??

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

2nd round certainly wont be a skoosh. Have won games against Zenit, Anderlecht and Partizan in recent years.

Weren't they all ties they lost heavily over two legs though? They also defeated Marseille 3-0 in the EL group stage at home but as they lost the first game against them 5-1, I would have to guess it was either a dead rubber or Bernard Tapie had a correct score bet on that day.

So it's defo the Tuesday before 6pm

People are changing their flights, hotels etc. Why would you book it when nothing was confirmed? :lol: 

23 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Why were people booking up when they clearly said it was likely to change? 

I think the main problem is the draw date being so close to the actual fixtures but anyone thats lost out due to booking flights on the Weds/Thurs have nobody to blame but themselves. 

Bit harsh.

It was widely publicised online that it would be the 29th and then the 6th. 

Can't blame hardworking Rangers fans for trying to book early and save a few quid / make sure that they have a plane ticket or hotel. 

The fact that there isn't a kick off time yet is really poor from UEFA. 

SK Rfc, Rfc52 and ForeverAndEver like this

4 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

I get that but they were told it was likely to change from the Thursday.. Why would you book it?

Why should it 100% have been played on the Thursday? Game dates/times are never confirmed as soon as a draw is made. If us and the Tarriers were both drawn at home on the same night in a Europa League draw should both fixtures go ahead??

Ask people that booked, why? 

Completely different, though. A potential 110 thousand people both close to the city centre, and they would try make sure that never happened. Also, a doubt there would be much more than 1 or 2 thousand, between the two set of home fans in Luxembourg.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Bit harsh.

It was widely publicised online that it would be the 29th and then the 6th. 

Can't blame hardworking Rangers fans for trying to book early and save a few quid / make sure that they have a plane ticket or hotel. 

The fact that there isn't a kick off time yet is really poor from UEFA. 

It was widely publicesed by every media outlet, including our own that the tie was likely to be changed due to other fixtures in Luxembourg. Why anybody would book something after that advice is beyond me? 

Ladies and gentlemen; the Stade Josy Barthel...

Stade_Josy_Barthel.jpg

Named after this wee guy...

250px-Josy-Victoire1.gif

A famous chemist, politician and long distance runner... And still the only Luxembourger to have ever won an Olympic gold (in 1952).

12 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

Weren't they all ties they lost heavily over two legs though? They also defeated Marseille 3-0 in the EL group stage at home but as they lost the first game against them 5-1, I would have to guess it was either a dead rubber or Bernard Tapie had a correct score bet on that day.

They beat Partizan home and away. Beat Zenit at home then lost the away leg, same with Anderlecht.

2 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

It was widely publicesed by every media outlet, including our own that the tie was likely to be changed due to other fixtures in Luxembourg. Why anybody would book something after that advice is beyond me? 

I booked but only paid £35 for my flights so it was a risk worth taking.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Ask people that booked, why? 

Completely different, though. A potential 110 thousand people both close to the city centre, and they would try make sure that never happened. Also, a doubt there would be much more than 1 or 2 thousand, between the two set of home fans in Luxembourg.

The reason it was moved was because they wanted the game moved to the national stadium, however that was already booked for the Thursday night. In my opinion, thats a good move as it means more bears will get to the game as apposed to what would have been if they had left the game on the Thursday. 

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

They beat Partizan home and away. Beat Zenit at home then lost the away leg, same with Anderlecht.

Means we'd need to ensure the game is almost wrapped up at Ibrox then since they seem to have a decent home record 

First and foremost lets get the mexicans announced and get passed Progres before thinking of the 2nd qualifier...

Never know...St Jospehs might win lol

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

I booked but only paid £35 for my flights so it was a risk worth taking.

Thats fine, but surely you would admit that it was a risk you took knowing full well the game could be moved & cant blame Progres/Uefa for your losses?

Just now, scottyc06 said:

Thats fine, but surely you would admit that it was a risk you took knowing full well the game could be moved & cant blame Progres/Uefa for your losses?

Yip I knew the game could be moved. If the flights had been more expensive I wouldn't have booked.

Just now, giffnockger said:

Not bad mate, 750000 for the club

In that regard mate aye it's a nice wee sum, wasn't expecting them to be free (although it would've been a good gesture to ST holders for the first leg) 

giffnockger likes this

Over £300 for return flight, £200 for half a share of double hotel room. Mon-Wed.

Anyone got any suggestions for cheaper hotel (can cancel mine) would be appreciated.

Anyone been notified about CCCS yet? 

Working 7am-10pm next two days and don't really get a signal or a break to phone them and triple check am on CCCS. Was just hoping for an email as usual telling me they'll take it half an hour later:lol: