Leyton Orient.

Feel terrible for those fans. I just don't understand how these people can keep ruining football clubs and the football authorities just allow it to happen. The EFL should hang their heads in shame. Really makes the idea of fan ownership more and more appealing!

On 07/05/2017 at 11:08 PM, blueballss said:

Olympic stadium and all that..........

Nothing to do with West Ham. Hearn sold the club to a volatile Italian the season after they were close to promotion to the Championship. Said volatile Italian does what Italians do best and act irrationally as the club sank quicker than a brass swallowing a load for fifty notes. 

Sad state of affairs, but Hearn The Football League and the FA are to blame, not West Ham.  

PS, West Ham still play in the same borough as we did before we moved. 

15 hours ago, East London Loyal said:

Nothing to do with West Ham. Hearn sold the club to a volition Italian the season after they were close to promotion to the Champiomship. Said volition Italian does what Italians do best and act irrationally as the club sank quicker than a brass swallowing a load for fifty notes. 

Sad state of affairs, but Hearn The Football League and the FA are to blame, not West Ham.  

PS, West Ham still play in the same borough as we did before we moved. 

How do you feel that move is working out, one season down the line?

Not enough protection from the league and FA

Same with us, we were left on our own, the SFA wanted nothing to do with the crooks running our club, they only came calling when it was time to pick up some money for Davis transfer etc. Dirty corrupt bastards the lot of them. 

Notice the opposition support backing them at the end. That's the difference down here. After a line is the media and most supporters put the hatred to one side for the good of football. Up in Scotland the cunts wanted to put us out of football completely. They all seemed to be obsessed with hatred of us. I suppose it's a compliment for a centuries worth of pumpings and so they could win trophies right enough but it showed our game up to be nothing more than a sick joke. 

10 hours ago, harlands plater said:

How do you feel that move is working out, one season down the line?

Hit and miss, but currently more miss. The old West Ham were out and about for Chelsea in the League Cup and Spurs the other night, but generally it's been a testing place to watch football.

its unsightly, there's big gaps between the upper and lower tiers except the east-stand. The lower-tier is on temporary scaffolding and there's been several issues with stewards, fights, arrests and life bans. Season two will be a bit more interesting, but we've got a long way to go before we can call an athletics ground home. 

Millwall at home would be lively, mind. 

7 minutes ago, East London Loyal said:

Hit and miss, but currently more miss. The old West Ham were out and about for Chelsea in the League Cup and Spurs the other night, but generally it's been a testing place to watch football.

its unsightly, there's big gaps between the upper and lower tiers except the east-stand. The lower-tier is on temporary scaffolding and there's been several issues with stewards, fights, arrests and life bans. Season two will be a bit more interesting, but we've got a long way to go before we can call an athletics ground home. 

I never felt it would be an easy transition for the fans. Even more so if the team are struggling.

59 minutes ago, East London Loyal said:

I loved the old place. Been a few times watching city. Always good atmosphere and fans were pretty friendly. Helped mind I knew a few West Ham lads. 

9 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

I loved the old place. Been a few times watching city. Always good atmosphere and fans were pretty friendly. Helped mind I knew a few West Ham lads. 

Always friendly with City dating back to 1988. I think City were relegated at ours and the away fans mounted a pitch invasion, quickly followed by West Ham. Instead of the usual back then of football violence, I believe scarves were swapped and both sets of supporters came together and ever since then, we've been alright with City. 

I think it's the only club who get a friendly reception. Orient used to, until they decided to jump into bed with Spurs.

24 minutes ago, East London Loyal said:

Always friendly with City dating back to 1988. I think City were relegated at ours and the away fans mounted a pitch invasion, quickly followed by West Ham. Instead of the usual back then of football violence, I believe scarves were swapped and both sets of supporters came together and ever since then, we've been alright with City. 

I think it's the only club who get a friendly reception. Orient used to, until they decided to jump into bed with Spurs.

Yep. Not been new ground yet 

we drink in Salmon and Ball boozer when we are down. Proper old east end pub lol. 

2 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

Yep. Not been new ground yet 

we drink in Salmon and Ball boozer when we are down. Proper old east end pub lol. 

Bobby Moores' old pub, apparently. Plus now you don't have to change at Mile End for the district line, just a straight train to Stratford.