Mr Advocaat..

New Netherlands head coach.

Still going strong at 69. (there's a joke there somewhere)

For all the money he spent, he did at least bring us success and some quality footballers, so I wish him all the best in his new post.

I think he's ripping the cunt out of Mrs. Advocaat with the "honest, love, this is the last job, I swear..."

I was quite critical of him years ago, but ultimately it was Murray & his board that spent the money. My only real criticism of Advocaat was that he allowed cliques to form in the squad, and ended up punting players that we could still have done with as a result. We did come agonisingly close to progressing in the Champions League under him, won a treble and a double, and he's always spoken highly of the club and fans. 

I even forgive him for Manchester. :depressed:

Teams managed

1980–1984DSVP

1984–1987Netherlands (assistant manager)

1987–1989HFC Haarlem

1989–1991SVV

1990–1992Netherlands (assistant manager)

1991–1992FC Dordrecht

1992–1994Netherlands

1994–1998PSV

1998–2001Rangers

2002–2004Netherlands

2004–2005Borussia Mönchengladbach

2005United Arab Emirates

2005–2006South Korea

2006–2009Zenit

2009–2010Belgium

2009–2010AZ Alkmaar

2010–2012Russia

2012–2013PSV

2013–2014AZ Alkmaar

2014Serbia

2015Sunderland

2016Netherlands (assistant manager)

2016–Fenerbahçe

Fair moves about a bit.

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Was just thinking that :lol: 6th time he's been part of the set up now. Unreal.

Could imagine that in this country with Walter for talking sake ,mhedia n those from the green n grey persuasion would be going into meltdown :rofl:

Just had another look there this'll be the eleventh time he's involved in International football.,unbelievable 

5 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Went to a Q&A with big Albertz once , he said as a coach 2nd to none , as a person and man management skills very poor 

He's always been known to have 'his' players, and if you weren't part of that group you didn't get the same treatment. Guys like Amo, Albertz and Tugay have attested to it. On the flip side, he inherited guys like Negri and Rozental that, for different reasons, either didn't play or barely played, and they've spoken about him making them feel included. From the outside looking in, it always seemed like the guys that fell out of favour with him were strong personalities who weren't afraid to stand up to him about certain things. 

19 hours ago, Aubie92 said:

He's always been known to have 'his' players, and if you weren't part of that group you didn't get the same treatment. Guys like Amo, Albertz and Tugay have attested to it. On the flip side, he inherited guys like Negri and Rozental that, for different reasons, either didn't play or barely played, and they've spoken about him making them feel included. From the outside looking in, it always seemed like the guys that fell out of favour with him were strong personalities who weren't afraid to stand up to him about certain things. 

I don't think wee Mr Kerimoglu was too happy at being deployed as a sweeper in the Champions League... but it turned out to be a masterstroke from the Little General and a role in which Tugay excelled in.

Also, I think Advocaat has mellowed a bit over the years. The fact that he has employed his once-nemesis Ruud Gullit as his new assistant is testament to that. They both admitted live on Dutch TV that their falling-out in 1994 was damaging to the bid to win USA'94 and have decided to team up again now to try and right a few wrongs. Good on them. Both are extremely headstrong characters, even in terms of the pseudo-default Dutch national psyche, so it will be interesting to see how it pans out and whether they really have forgiven each other.

*Must be old age that has mellowed Dick out, although I was a tad surprised to find that he is younger than Iggy Pop. Who is obviously the benchmark for these things...

On 10/05/2017 at 1:52 PM, WadeWilson said:

I don't think wee Mr Kerimoglu was too happy at being deployed as a sweeper in the Champions League... but it turned out to be a masterstroke from the Little General and a role in which Tugay excelled in.

Also, I think Advocaat has mellowed a bit over the years. The fact that he has employed his once-nemesis Ruud Gullit as his new assistant is testament to that. They both admitted live on Dutch TV that their falling-out in 1994 was damaging to the bid to win USA'94 and have decided to team up again now to try and right a few wrongs. Good on them. Both are extremely headstrong characters, even in terms of the pseudo-default Dutch national psyche, so it will be interesting to see how it pans out and whether they really have forgiven each other.

*Must be old age that has mellowed Dick out, although I was a tad surprised to find that he is younger than Iggy Pop. Who is obviously the benchmark for these things...

Iggy never won a treble.