BT taking all Scottish games off Sky

Wonder if this will make a somewhat difference to income if it happens, consideration the old firm games will give Sky one of their highest sport viewing audiences multiple times a season from now on, as it has done before. They'd no doubt continue giving the league pennies for it in return if they keep it.

Sky obviously can't compete with BT financially and they didn't even try to outbid them when they swiped the CL rights away from them, and BT will be well aware of the views they could have with 4+ old firm games a season, so not surprised they're wanting to have them.

Hopefully a successful BT deal would do us good. Sick of us getting fuck all from Sky - they keep Scotland on poverty row while pumping ridiculous amounts into the prem.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SKY can't compete with BT? ... I could be wrong but I'd have thought it was the other way around.

Any games BT take is the ones SKY don't want. Make no mistake. 

BT would be doing SKY a favour taking the Scottish games. Why does Scotland think we're owed something from SKY? this wee Highlander mentality is mental. It's a pish product. If you feel strongly about it cancel your SKY subscription or something.

23 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

SKY can't compete with BT? ... I could be wrong but I'd have thought it was the other way around.

BT would be doing SKY a favour taking the Scottish games. Why does Scotland think we're owed something from SKY? this wee Highlander mentality is mental. It's a pish product. If you feel strongly about it cancel your SKY subscription or something.

Didn't Sky hold the CL rights for 300m and BT came in with 900m and Sky pulled out right away?

Sky have shafted us mate, they have one of the biggest derbies in world football for next to nothing.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

BT's revenue is around double that of Sky. 

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

BT are pumping billions into football, they've taken EPL clubs earnings to the next level, astonishing sums.

Hopeful they can make some sort of effort to help raise the quality of Scottish football if they get full rights.

Just now, TheKingObv said:

BT's revenue is around double that of Sky. 

I stand corrected. That's a shock to me but fair enough. 

I thought SKY blew everyone else out the water.

If Scottish football knows what's good for it then it will keep on the good side of BT then and not make ridiculous demands and be greedy bastards.

Just now, BlueBearz1990 said:

Hopeful they can make some sort of effort to help raise the quality of Scottish football if they get full rights.

Wouldn't be hard to be an improvement on current deal, everyone needs a competitive Rangers though.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I stand corrected. That's a shock to me but fair enough. 

I thought SKY blew everyone else out the water.

If Scottish football knows what's good for it then it will keep on the good side of BT then and not make ridiculous demands and be greedy bastards.

My only demand would be to get sutton and butcher to fuck

3 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Wouldn't be hard to be an improvement on current deal, everyone needs a competitive Rangers though.

True. Read on an article about it that says BT are confident of reaching a deal that breaks Setanta's record fee of 31million in 2008, but we'll just wait and see what happens.

3 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

As long as none of the bastards ever take the World Cup from cooncil telly.

Surprised FIFA haven't cashed in already.

Qualifiers are up for grabs, ITV holds the rights for England home and away, SKY hold the rights for Scotland, Wales and NI home and away.

However, coverage of the World Cup Finals are on a government mandated 'protected' list, so need to be on terrestrial tv.

7 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

As long as none of the bastards ever take the World Cup from cooncil telly.

Surprised FIFA haven't cashed in already.

It's only a matter of time before that happens IMO.

They've already took the Champions League and Europa League away from council tele. 

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Have to say, i haven't watched a single thing on BT sport bar streams of our games.

I simply do not watch it.

This, but it also applies to Sky. I can't remember the last time I watched a Scottish game that didn't involve us.

We have appalling players who, for the longest time, have played football that would make eyes bleed. We are the third best team in the country.

Given a world of choice of football, let alone sport, to watch, who at BT/Sky is thinking, 'we want more of the SPFL'?

27 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

Wonder if this will make a somewhat difference to income if it happens, consideration the old firm games will give Sky one of their highest sport viewing audiences multiple times a season from now on, as it has done before. They'd no doubt continue giving the league pennies for it in return if they keep it.

Sky obviously can't compete with BT financially and they didn't even try to outbid them when they swiped the CL rights away from them, and BT will be well aware of the views they could have with 4+ old firm games a season, so not surprised they're wanting to have them.

Hopefully a successful BT deal would do us good. Sick of us getting fuck all from Sky - they keep Scotland on poverty row while pumping ridiculous amounts into the prem.

Haud the bus, Sky can't compete with BT financially? You serious?