Broxi

Emerson Hyndman returns to Bournemouth

84 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Was he not a loan with an option to buy?

No. We loaned him and then we had negotiations throughout the summer of 2008 over the transfer fee. It was quite protracted and I'm sure Davis played some pre-season games for Fulham and Hodgson wanted to keep him by the time the deal was done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Disappointing, but not unexpected.

 

Goodbye Mrs Hyndman

 

 

nintchdbpict000296468651.jpg

I thought Hyndman was a bit of a strange signing, but it all makes sense now... 

He was decent in spells, but I don't think he's good enough, nor do I think he'll make it in the Premier League. He's a decent wee player and I could see him having a decent career in the Championship, maybe even another European league, or the MLS, but I don't think he has the mentality for Rangers. 

Can we hunt Toral too as well now? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talented player but let's be fair, hasn't kicked his arse since Snakey Mark left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good tidy wee player but don't absolutely fuck all against the scum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May flourish with better around him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aubie92 said:

I thought Hyndman was a bit of a strange signing, but it all makes sense now... 

He was decent in spells, but I don't think he's good enough, nor do I think he'll make it in the Premier League. He's a decent wee player and I could see him having a decent career in the Championship, maybe even another European league, or the MLS, but I don't think he has the mentality for Rangers. 

Can we hunt Toral too as well now? 

Toral has apparently left aswell, still has his mysterious rib injury, did he not say a few days ago we'd see him play for us again? Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Waggy1872 said:

Toral has apparently left aswell, still has his mysterious rib injury, did he not say a few days ago we'd see him play for us again? Haha

I think he'll kick himself for not making more of his time here. There are question marks over whether he's mentally recovered from the injury setbacks in his career - injuries which have stalled his development - and this was a real chance for him to either get an extended stay with us, or show teams in England or Europe that he has the mentality to play for a top side. Maybe he will eventually, but the way this season has went for him, I think mid table Championship teams in England is his level. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to see him go although it was always  on the cards. A real step up in ability to most of the dross he had to play with.

Good luck for your future young man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we keep his mum??? 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

I think he'll kick himself for not making more of his time here. There are question marks over whether he's mentally recovered from the injury setbacks in his career - injuries which have stalled his development - and this was a real chance for him to either get an extended stay with us, or show teams in England or Europe that he has the mentality to play for a top side. Maybe he will eventually, but the way this season has went for him, I think mid table Championship teams in England is his level. 

Yeh doesn't look as if he has it in him to really go anywhere in the game, didn't look anything special up here and he's apparently has this rib injury since January? How did he manage to play so many games yet not in any of the old firms? 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice player if you have someone to do the dirty hard work beside him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looked a decent player most of the time. He looked out of his depth in the games against the taigs..

I wish the young lad all the best for the future, he'll need to beef up a bit though, as he's too easily knocked off the ball, and looked very lightweight in the bigger games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the best Emerson :bow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MLS awaits this lad in the next 18 month

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

think we should've tried to keep him but oh well. best of luck to him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rogerramjet25 said:

MLS awaits this lad in the next 18 month

MLS isn't really any worse a standard than the SPFL. It's not that he isn't good enough for our league either - he just isn't good enough to warrant a start with Rangers every week, and sod developing a young lad for Bournemouth. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Torals missus is much better than Hyndmans maw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, pcbear said:

Have we ever had a successful loanee? imo they are a waste of time and money getting guys in to ready them up for their own clubs the following season leaving us holes to fill when they have gone, no thanks.

Ricky Foster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had 2/3 good games the rest he was bang average. Regardless all the best Emerson🇬🇧

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Good tidy wee player but don't absolutely fuck all against the scum

Apart from his assist in the 1-1 game :whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Good tidy wee player but don't absolutely fuck all against the scum

Just like the rest of the team around him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, pcbear said:

Have we ever had a successful loanee? imo they are a waste of time and money getting guys in to ready them up for their own clubs the following season leaving us holes to fill when they have gone, no thanks.

Didn't Weiss win the Ballon d'Or while we had him on loan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, pcbear said:

Have we ever had a successful loanee? imo they are a waste of time and money getting guys in to ready them up for their own clubs the following season leaving us holes to fill when they have gone, no thanks.

Weiss, Davis, Hyndman, Vuckic, Bartley, Bardsley, Kyrgiakos, Vignal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Weiss, Davis, Hyndman, Vuckic, Bartley, Bardsley, Kyrgiakos, Vignal

Bartley :bow:

C9CB041D-D8CD-D9DA-97A833DE3CA7B5FA.jpg

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

Weiss, Davis, Hyndman, Vuckic, Bartley, Bardsley, Kyrgiakos, Vignal

Andy Dibble did alright for the few games we needed him for too... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now