PRW.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Clint Hill - thank you very much for your service, your skills and your leadership. I wish you had come to Ibrox 20 years ago.

In fairness, we had better central defenders than Clint Hill in 1997. He wouldn't have gotten a look in ahead of Gough, McLaren, Petric, Moore or Amo. If you could somehow take Clint Hill from 10 years ago and place him in our squad in '97, he'd still not be near the starting line up. 

Given some of the dross we had during the Eck years though, he'd probably have been a good signing back then. 

Served us well this season, and an argument could of been made for a one year extension, but i think Pedro will have his sights on a younger (hopefully better) CB, and as already mentioned wages could have been a factor

Best of luck to big Clint, done well in all too familiar difficult circumstances.

He enjoyed his time here and we enjoyed him, I personally wouldnt have given him a new contract regardles of wages due to age and expecting much better going forward.

Actually excited that the cull has started though, lets hope all the other shite hanging about our club are shown the door.

I could count on one hand who i would keep.

Thanks for the effort Clint ?

One of the few who atleast gave anything, and one of the few who would go to the away fans after another embarrassing performance or result and offer an apology. Id imagine he'll have no complaints and understand the situation we're in. More than likely a bear for life now. 

Really wish we had caught him earlier in his career. First class gent and one of the very few of this current bunch who get what it means to pull on the light blue jersey. Thanks for the effort and commitment, big man - I wish you all the very best wherever you should roam.