• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Shame - it should be Bates, Wilson, Kiernan and Senderos getting released 

Clint would have been good for another year 

all the best big man 

I'd keep Wilson. I still think there's a defender in there and maybe one season he'll make an appearance!

I imagine Clint is a decent earner and is obviously one of the few that Pedro can 100% get off the wage bill. 

Still he is a decent player and wouldn't of minded him staying, I assume PC is confident of getting better in.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Frank Harrison said:

He's our best CB by a mile, even if we bring in 2 as starters he's the one you'd keep a back up.

Aye he is but he's 38 and needs to get regular appearances, if he consistently sits on the bench it'll do him no good in terms of fitness. 

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Aye he is but he's 38 and needs to get regular appearances, if he consistently sits on the bench it'll do him no good in terms of fitness. 

When we signed no one expected him to play as much, at 38 I'd imagine he'd expect not to be a regular.

Guest Lloyd72
8 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

When we signed no one expected him to play as much, at 38 I'd imagine he'd expect not to be a regular.

TRue and he probably would have rathered stay but he was one of the easiest to get off the wage bill and we will surely have another 3/4 coming in for this position so maybe it's for the best. Hopefully we do actually bring in better quality and don't rue this decision.

He's been one of the very few successes at Ibrox this season so shame to see him go.

Looks like Pedro is working his way through the more straightforward decisions first.   Miller with new contract a couple of weeks ago.  Gilmour gone which is confirmation of all the indicators we'd been given by the Club anyway, 3 development players picked out for contract extensions and signed.   And now Hill, whose contract was coming to an end gets told early so that he can start to plan his next move.  Senderos is bound to be gone, there can be no doubt about that.   Hyndman and Toral will know they are returning to their parent clubs.     So.....the list is being worked through.   

The pirhana Press will be swimming around looking for the juicy bits to come will be the leaks or news or rumours and so on relating to those who are still under contract but who will not be part of the 'core' for next season and put on the transfer list.

28 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

As long as we have better coming in - and i would assume thats the case if we are letting him go - then its a pragmatic move

Absolutely.

Much as i like Hill, the Gaffer must be confident he can bring in better.

Easy to release guys like Clint when their contract expires....the difficulty is how we can move on some of the others on contracts who have underperformed 

20 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Shame to see him go but we need better for next year imo

Your spot on..Do me a wee favour though..Think about changing your avatar back as every time I see that wee twat Murray I say "Wanker"...:mutley: