Clint Hill to be released

PRW.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good luck to the big man. He's done well.

Makes sense. If you want to bring your own in, then an out of contract 38 year old is going to struggle to get a new contract when we have so many in contract that might prove harder to get rid of.

If a better player comes in then it's all good.

Few different sources going with this now so probably correct.

All the best Clint. One of the very few who's looked like he actually gave a shit this season and always gave 100%.

Also made my first ever visit to the paedodome a memorable one :UK:

Thanks for all your efforts big man and especially THAT goal! In a season full of puddings you were one of only a few shining sixpence!

Will be testament to his pride and professionalism that ,if selected to play in the remainder of our games, he will no doubt give 100% as always even though he knows his services are no longer required.Puts the vast majority of the rest of the squad to shame.

Good luck in finding a new club and in whatever you do in the future.You deserve not only all our best wishes but also a fitting send off from us grateful fans.

I think in order to become a more offensive and dominant team from midfield to forward we need pace at the back. As much as I liked Hill we need to get pace and power at the back.

Too often we'd be caught out with a high line due to having no pace or on the flip side sit too deep and not have the midfield to pull us forward which would cause problems as well.

All the best though big man. One of only a small number of players that did himself proud this year.

I think it's the right move. He's been the best of a bad bunch defensively, but he's not of the standard we need if we want to kick on and challenge for the title. Plus it's a bit daft giving him another year if he's not going to be playing regularly, especially when we'll have shitehawks we can't get rid of. 

Doubt he'll struggle to get a deal with a League One side down south, or possibly a team in the Championship.