Atletico's card display last night

Wasnt Atletico actually Franco's team? after it merged with a club founded by members of the Spanish Air Force and won the league with a team  of ex civil war "heroes"

Suspect the banner may be something to do with King Alfonso's allegiance in the 20's for real and the continuing Spanish royal links to them.

fascist latch on to success, as did franco to real.

1 hour ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Wasnt Atletico actually Franco's team? after it merged with a club founded by members of the Spanish Air Force and won the league with a team  of ex civil war "heroes"

Suspect the banner may be something to do with King Alfonso's allegiance in the 20's for real and the continuing Spanish royal links to them.

fascist latch on to success, as did franco to real.

The current King of Spain is the Honorary President of Athletico. 

3 hours ago, Cammy. Watp. said:

or it could just be in reference to the opinion that madrid are quite a materialistic club

Its most likely to be this. I watch most of Atleticos games and there is no place in spain that has atmosphere like the Vicente Calderón. Very passionate fanbase and a great Club. Fuck Real.

I agree that it's probably more to do with Real and the fact their helped by the Spanish government to bring in players etc. How many managers do they go through as well? 

Success comes at a price. But not when the government is bailing you out. 

4 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

I agree that it's probably more to do with Real and the fact their helped by the Spanish government to bring in players etc. How many managers do they go through as well? 

Real and Barca are in so much debt that both are technically bankrupt.

However, if that ever happened, the fans would cause the collapse of the banks responsible.

It is like a Mexican standoff.

And the debt rises.

Where have we seen this before?

10 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

The government give them money to buy players?

Was it barca in the last champions league game against juve that held up the more than a club display? 

Wonder where they got that from, ?

On that note the quintessential British club banner need another airing 

11 hours ago, AGC123 said:

Was it barca in the last champions league game against juve that held up the more than a club display? 

Wonder where they got that from, ?

On that note the quintessential British club banner need another airing 

Well seeing as 'mes que un club' which translates as more than a club has been their motto for a lifetime I'm guessing they probably thought it up themselves and we stole it off them