Succulent lambs to the slaughter by AMcKellar89

Smile

Great post which sums up the real deficiencies in our PR, such as it is. Our board are meant to be intelligent business men yet they have sat back and allowed us to be pilloried by anyone, and mostly arseholes of low intelligence, at every turn.  The incidents with the effigies and the banner saying " know your place" etc was a low point for me,  I couldn't get my head round the hatred expressed towards us,  yet our club don't come out with a statement asking what's going to be done about such blatant sectarianism. Our board are fucking useless at times.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent article. :tu:

Brand management shouldn't just be about protecting the club's business image. The club need to protect their law abiding ST holders from being labelled, as without their money the club wouldn't function.

IMHO, The club should appoint a firm that can deal with crisis PR ASAP, as there will be more PR damage on the back of the HMRC case and CW Trial verdicts.

On 5/13/2017 at 7:44 PM, True Azure said:

Unless I am very much mistaken, we banned the guys for life who racially abused Sinclair. However the sellik fan who racially abused El Haj Diouff a few years back and was originally banned by Sellik sine die has had it rescinded and is back in the San Giro. Whats food for the goose..............?

https://themanthebheastscanttame.wordpress.com/2017/05/06/love-racism-love-celtic-in-you-come-son/

An illatrate warlord. :lol:

Makes some good points, but prefer the OP as it has less of a tone of insanity. 

29 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Excellent article. :tu:

Brand management shouldn't just be about protecting the club's business image. The club need to protect their law abiding ST holders from being labelled, as without their money the club wouldn't function.

IMHO, The club should appoint a firm that can deal with crisis PR ASAP, as there will be more PR damage on the back of the HMRC case and CW Trial verdicts.

and King's breach of the TAP conditions and the SD breach of contract action and.....

Our strategy for protecting corporate reputation and brand management is to ignore it. As for crisis management, we should be experts in it, but we just don't do learning.

3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

and King's breach of the TAP conditions and the SD breach of contract action and.....

Our strategy for protecting corporate reputation and brand management is to ignore it. As for crisis management, we should be experts in it, but we just don't do learning.

I agree. 

Ref Crisis Management :

I think the club will need this post court cases. Imho there is a new battle coming, from the club's that voted us down, as they try to see Rangers punished further and to oust the SFA  board

I agree with the other op that we need a strong PR team in place before a DOF.

I think PC can handle himself with the media and build his team for this season anyway.

We need to fight and promote all the good things that Rangers does from our Charity foundation to positive stories from our fans however small.

Our board are sleepwalking from season to season just ticking along in a daze.

Does G Park run his business like that ...I don't think so?

Also the Marketing dept or lack of what the F are king and co actually doing week to week..we fans cud make a better job of running the club.

And start employing Rangers minded ppl .....people who love the club and only our club.

The board can't handle the job in front of them.

Even if King etc wanted to take the Media on and defend us, I don't think they are capable of doing so, I don't think they have the time, money, people or motivation to do so. They are simply not up to the task.

Instead of just accepting that this is the way things are and constantly going on about the media bias against us, maybe some of our fans should start questioning why the board have allowed it to continue for so long

But as usual with this board they have done the absolute minimum required by banning a journalist or two for a couple months and the boards cronies act like that's enough

Folk talk about the taig propaganda,  what about the propaganda from Rangers fans that covers up the constant lies and failures from the board

But I suppose it's easier to believe that you're just a victim of media bias than it is to admit you've been played for fool by people you trusted. 

There's at least 3 threads a day on here moaning about the Media. When will folk wake up and realise that the Media will continue to slate us as long as the board give them a free pass.

Guaranteed if the media were to start pointing out King's failures instead of slating the fans that he would come out guns blazing because the only one he cares about is himself

10 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

The board can't handle the job in front of them.

Even if King etc wanted to take the Media on and defend us, I don't think they are capable of doing so, I don't think they have the time, money, people or motivation to do so. They are simply not up to the task.

Instead of just accepting that this is the way things are and constantly going on about the media bias against us, maybe some of our fans should start questioning why the board have allowed it to continue for so long

But as usual with this board they have done the absolute minimum required by banning a journalist or two for a couple months and the boards cronies act like that's enough

Folk talk about the taig propaganda,  what about the propaganda from Rangers fans that covers up the constant lies and failures from the board

But I suppose it's easier to believe that you're just a victim of media bias than it is to admit you've been played for fool by people you trusted. 

There's at least 3 threads a day on here moaning about the Media. When will folk wake up and realise that the Media will continue to slate us as long as the board give them a free pass.

Guaranteed if the media were to start pointing out King's failures instead of slating the fans that he would come out guns blazing because the only one he cares about is himself

Too much sense in all that.

He's a good writer this Bear, Mr McKellar. Two articles recently i find myself  100% in agreement with. it's not fecking rocket sience, defend the club and it's support. If you can't do that then you shouldn't be at our club, go join Salvation Army or something, because there's no fight in you and you are a craven coward.

I used to shy away from criticising the board too much but on this issue it is clear the support (on here at least) feel badly let down.  I'd like to think that this is filtered back to the board by our elected representatives or by those close to the board that visit this site.  Personally I,m sick of having to defend our reputation with the dhims at work, pointing out inaccuracies in the press etc. and I,ve ended up getting into some heated discussions, even with my arsehole of a line manager. They seem to think it's open season on us and their smugness kills me, so my message to the board is get off your fat arses and defend us, don't stand by and let lies be printed without challenge.

I might be wrong but didn't Jim Trainor leave? sorry if I got that wrong.

Also, are we seriously suggesting we wine and dine these mediocrities with quality lamb dinners just to get a fair shake in the PR stakes?

There are some key areas for Rangers to invest, I might argue that PR is a bit further down the list of priorities until we raise our footballing product.

3 hours ago, saintbob1969 said:

I might be wrong but didn't Jim Trainor leave? sorry if I got that wrong.

Also, are we seriously suggesting we wine and dine these mediocrities with quality lamb dinners just to get a fair shake in the PR stakes?

There are some key areas for Rangers to invest, I might argue that PR is a bit further down the list of priorities until we raise our footballing product.

Level 5 run our PR Traynors company.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

Level 5 run our PR Traynors company.

Wouldn't call it PR by any stretch. More like paying them for Traynor's connections and access to the mhedia to get the sporadic pieces of propaganda put out there. Traynor more likely just acts on individual instructions as opposed to it being a strategically managed service to both protect and enhance the brand.