Joe Garner

Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He scored a good goal today, but he does not score anywhere near enough to be our main striker next season. :justno:

I cannot see anyone paying enough for us to sell, so he will be a squad player IMO, brought on for 15/20 minutes to try and get a goal if we need one I would imagine.

14 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

for all his work rate though - and i thought he done well today and i think he is shite basically - the fact is he cannot score regularly.  Now, some may say that with good service - like today from Millers cross - he would start to score regularly. But are we willing to bet next season on him suddenly getting 25 goals a season? I just don't see it. yet we need someone who can do that.

He's a backup centre forward. Or at least, he should be if we've got any ambition.

Problem is, we paid £1.8 million for that. If we'd paid 500k, we'd probably be saying 'aye, that's pretty decent business'. 

1 hour ago, Lloyd72 said:

is shite with the ball at his feet but if you give him it in the air he's brilliant. So why the fuck did we buy him for a team that never crossed and only played with the ball on the ground

I actually think he's decent enough on the ground, better in the air granted, but I think he will do well next season. 

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

He scored a good goal today, but he does not score anywhere near enough to be our main striker next season. :justno:

I cannot see anyone paying enough for us to sell, so he will be a squad player IMO, brought on for 15/20 minutes to try and get a goal if we need one I would imagine.

In that case, we're fucked.

4 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

is shite with the ball at his feet but if you give him it in the air he's brilliant. So why the fuck did we buy him for a team that never crossed and only played with the ball on the ground

Not got a clue but his aerial ability was known to be his best attribute before he came her so we can't claim we were caught off guard.

Guest Lloyd72
42 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

Not got a clue but his aerial ability was known to be his best attribute before he came her so we can't claim we were caught off guard.

exactly, just looking at the goals he scored in league 1 with Preston the vast majority of them are Headers and Rebounds. What was Warburton thinking.

He's fantastic in the air for someone how's only 5ft 10. Our best option we have if we going long, although no idea why MW bought him as he doesn't suit his style.

Anyway, he needs a partner, no point winning flick on if there's no one to feed off them. I'd play Garner and Dodoo as a centre forward partnership.

6 hours ago, cushynumber said:

I thought he looked excellent today when someone was there to feed off him. Once his work had no end product - i.e  when Windass went off - he became anonymous as the hearts defence just picked up all the loose balls.

Really good in the air against shite defenders which is 90% of the SPL. So could have a use.

But the boy is pish. When Waghorn missed that chance and it fell to him, a simple pass to JD makes it 3-1. He is the most limited footballer I think I've seen in many a year.

4 minutes ago, jamess said:

Our wingers and full backs can't cross a ball,  and he is rubbish on the ground,  so Garner joy is thin on the ground.  Great goal today,  but unfortunately rare.

A bit Boyd like. He was a hero when he got the service first time round. Why can't JG? He's shown the last 2 games that he can finish from a cross, he's great for flick ons and is not as fat and lazy as Boyd. In a better team next season, he could score for fun.