Joe Garner

Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

More than half against teams in a lower league, I think.

That's clutching at straws, big time.

I'm absolutely not disputing that Waghorn is atrocious; I've never seen a Rangers player look so visibly out-of-confidence or miss so many sitters, but I feel Garner is getting off incredibly lightly.

Hadn't he scored something like three league goals until Caixinha's arrival? That included missing a number of sitters, in particular at Ibrox, which I vaguely remember.

Perhaps I'm being harsh, but after the season we've just had, it'll take a lot more than being half-decent in the air to draw credit from me towards our most expensive signing in five or six years.

I think the lowest point this season, for me, was the tarriers singing the Joe Garner song at Ibrox last weekend.

In an ideal world, Garner, Waghorn and Dodoo will be gone in the summer.

On 5/13/2017 at 3:05 PM, Scottywellhousetb said:

I'll be a bit more direct m8, HE'S FUCKING SHITE AND WON'T MAKE IT AS A RANGERS PLAYER AS LONG AS MY ARSEHOLE FACES SOUTH. 

But your arse doesn't face south, it doesn't face any direction unless you're lying down. it faces downwards which isn't any direction on the compass :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, macranger said:

But your arse doesn't face south, it doesn't face any direction unless you're lying down. it faces downwards which isn't any direction on the compass :thumbsup:

My arse faces south dammit, why doesn't any cunt on here believe any other cunt, I posted lying down  if it makes you happy ,only on here could I lose an argument about what direction my arse faces, I don’t care where it's pointed Joe Garner is still shite. 

3 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

My arse faces south dammit, why doesn't any cunt on here believe any other cunt, I posted lying down  if it makes you happy ,only on here could I lose any argument about what direction my arse faces, I don’t care where it's pointed Joe Garner is still shite. 

:mutley:

40 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

My arse faces south dammit, why doesn't any cunt on here believe any other cunt, I posted lying down  if it makes you happy ,only on here could I lose an argument about what direction my arse faces, I don’t care where it's pointed Joe Garner is still shite. 

Unless your an old cunt and yer erchie "has gone south":mutley: 

20 hours ago, SasaPapacLoyal said:

Boyd in his prime was one of the most natural instinctive finishers we've had at the club in a while. Garner has no natural instincts when it comes to finishing. Only think he looks natural doing is hitting his head off things 

I agree he doesn't have the natural finishing instincts as Boyd. But, he has shown that he can do the job in the box with service. A big problem of ours is not providing that service, so not all JG's fault. I would definitely like to see him next season in a team that hopefully Pedro can build that creates chances. Not overly optimistic about that one though. Praying to be proved wrong.

15 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

We've got Joey Garner, so we might as well use him for what he does best.

We've got Barrie McKay, who can cross the ball for Garner.

We've got Miller, Windass, and Waghorn, who can get fed off Garners knockdowns. 

Maybe not Waghorn, he'd blast the ball over the bar, or straight at the keeper.

I like our Joey, he may not be the best striker in the world, but if fed with the right ball, he could do well at Ibrox, and hopefully, at other Scottish football grounds we have to play. Let's be positive Bears!!

*FEED OUR JOE AND HE WILL SCORE, FEED OUR JOE AND HE WILL SCORE,

FEED OUR JOE, FEED OUR JOE, FEED OUR JOE AND HE WILL SCORE*. 

When is he going to start doing that then? I've been waiting for ages and still nothing.

17 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Miller gets lauded for his efforts this season. 

I think off the top of my head he has scored a couple more than Garner but Miller has played like 7 games more. 

What's the difference? Garner puts in the effort as much as Miller does. 

Winners and vital goals in the big games 

Additional contributions to the play 

Influence on the team 

A past history of doing this numerous times over many years 

Not being a wee fud we pissed the best part of 2 million on who just runs around like a headless chicken throwing himself about the place 

Need any more differences? 

10 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Winners and vital goals in the big games 

Additional contributions to the play 

Influence on the team 

A past history of doing this numerous times over many years 

Not being a wee fud we pissed the best part of 2 million on who just runs around like a headless chicken throwing himself about the place 

Need any more differences? 

Every game is a big game. But if were being pedantic when exactly? He scored in a defeat to cellic, likewise did Garner. There hasn't been one big game where Kenny Miller has influenced the team to a result when it has mattered. He scored a decent goal against Aberdeen, great stuff that's it.  

What influence? Not saying Miller doesn't get what it's all about at Rangers but his sole mantra is to put the ball in the back of the net. He's had more minutes than Garner to do this and isn't exactly outscoring him. 

History means nothing am talking about now, does Miller get some sort of free pass cause he has a history of looking busy and trying? 

Throwing himself about the place has contributed to two goals in two games which has equalled 6 points. He also won every single header on Saturday and if it wasn't for poor finishing from Windass he could have had a hat trick of assists from headers. 

7 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Every game is a big game. But if were being pedantic when exactly? He scored in a defeat to cellic, likewise did Garner. There hasn't been one big game where Kenny Miller has influenced the team to a result when it has mattered. He scored a decent goal against Aberdeen, great stuff that's it.  

What influence? Not saying Miller doesn't get what it's all about at Rangers but his sole mantra is to put the ball in the back of the net. He's had more minutes than Garner to do this and isn't exactly outscoring him. 

History means nothing am talking about now, does Miller get some sort of free pass cause he has a history of looking busy and trying? 

Throwing himself about the place has contributed to two goals in two games which has equalled 6 points. He also won every single header on Saturday and if it wasn't for poor finishing from Windass he could have had a hat trick of assists from headers. 

He's pish. 

Well the article on the Rangers website today (16/5) is one way to tell the player and the Support that Garner is still to be wearing a Rangers jersey next season.

PEDRO Caixinha says he is looking to exploit Joe Garner’s aerial presence next season by focussing on the wide areas of the pitch. The Rangers boss thinks the striker can thrive if he is supplied properly and he believes the former Preston man has proven that in his last two games by heading in from pin point crosses. Garner has scored 10 goals this season with seven coming in the second half of the campaign and Caixinha wants to work to his strengths.

If Garner is being seen by the Manager in this light, as someone he can rely to get the goals needed to produce a credible title-challenging side then he sees far more in Garner than I do.   I don't see this as good news coming from the Manager.     I know the article goes on to emphasise the importance of better quality wide play and delivery into the box but the fundamental here is whether Garner has got it in him to be a proper striker for Rangers.   I very much doubt it.

8 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Well the article on the Rangers website today (16/5) is one way to tell the player and the Support that Garner is still to be wearing a Rangers jersey next season.

PEDRO Caixinha says he is looking to exploit Joe Garner’s aerial presence next season by focussing on the wide areas of the pitch. The Rangers boss thinks the striker can thrive if he is supplied properly and he believes the former Preston man has proven that in his last two games by heading in from pin point crosses. Garner has scored 10 goals this season with seven coming in the second half of the campaign and Caixinha wants to work to his strengths.

If Garner is being seen by the Manager in this light, as someone he can rely to get the goals needed to produce a credible title-challenging side then he sees far more in Garner than I do.   I don't see this as good news coming from the Manager.     I know the article goes on to emphasise the importance of better quality wide play and delivery into the box but the fundamental here is whether Garner has got it in him to be a proper striker for Rangers.   I very much doubt it.

I'm with you there RB,I just don't see Garner as the man who will be the one to fire us to the title. I get the play to his strengths message of the article and agree to an extent but I don't see him as a 30 goals a season striker. Unless he is used as the link up man in a front 2/3?

13 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

The thing with a one dimensional player, is it leads to a one dimensional approach which is easy to defend against.

Hopefully Pedro doesn't just mean crossed into the box and is also looking for players who can run beyond his flick ons.

23 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

2 in the last 10 minutes against Motherwell in the cup, Aberdeen away, Aberdeen at Ibrox, winner against Dundee at Dens, set up last minute winners against Partick twice. I get the point you're trying to make but to say Miller hasn't had a big influence this season is simply untrue. Also add in to that Miller has rarely played upfront for us this season, he's either been out wide or dropping deeper.

On 14/05/2017 at 4:07 PM, Prso's headband said:

Miller gets lauded for his efforts this season. 

I think off the top of my head he has scored a couple more than Garner but Miller has played like 7 games more. 

What's the difference? Garner puts in the effort as much as Miller does. 

Could it be that we payed £1.8 million? Totally agree with what you say by the way but just thinking that could be the reason garner gets it tighter than Miller.

33 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

Could it be that we payed £1.8 million? Totally agree with what you say by the way but just thinking that could be the reason garner gets it tighter than Miller.

Yeah I suppose the fact he cost just about our whole transfer budget contributes to it, but he's had a stop start season all season. He practically won us the back to back games against Hearts and Aberdeen, then we went back to football on the floor, he comes in at Xmas, bullies them then gets injured, comes on and scores a hatrick, gets injured then suspended for next old firm, now a new manager in as well, but he comes back and contributes to another 6 points on the board. Basically his season involves 6 games, injured, suspended or dropped then repeat. 

I'm not saying he's a world beater, but I think a run of games and goals and we could see a completely different player. 

57 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

The thing with a one dimensional player, is it leads to a one dimensional approach which is easy to defend against.

Hopefully Pedro doesn't just mean crossed into the box and is also looking for players who can run beyond his flick ons.

You are reducing what Garner does to being one dimensional; I'm not even sure what that means regarding any player. Garner does what he does very well, and if the manager can bring that to being best for the team then that is a good thing.

I didn't realise that was 10 goals now. It certainly isn't a return that justifies £1.8m but the difference in Garner in a system played to his strengths is obvious. How many would he have if we'd played more direct and kept him in the box since the start of the season?

I definitely don't think he's the answer to start for us next season but he definitely has a role to play.