***The Official Rangers v Aberdeen Match Thread***

G.E.C.

Just now, StirlingBear72 said:

Correct. Only he can provide funds though. I know it won't happen. So how the hell do things improve going forward?

It doesn't. 

Unless with get a stroke of luck out of the blue whether it's investment or the players about to be brought in then we can expect this season to be the norm for years to come ?

Just now, Bighouse said:

Pedro is beginning to look like an increasingly desperate gamble.

I hate backwards attitudes of someone that needs to know Rangers or knows Scottish football but I think that's what we needed after Warburton stupidly underestimated the step up from the Championship and that we could pass teams off the pitch. That might not have been the sexiest appointment to appease everyone but with the gulf in finances across the city, we need to make ourselves physical and hard to beat.  

Arguably, Smith's team in 9IAR were harder to beat than the easier on the eye mhanks and then the prancing leprechaun's team were more physical than Advocaat's playing style.  Physical just works up here. 

Ps, one other hopeful is that Waghorn looks to have learned something, He chipped the keeper instead of driving it into him. He's not the best striker in the world but he's not our worst player either. he has fight and he ruffles players. We have to find a midfield and then a formation that plays to our strengths. Long balls are fine but Aberdeen can defend them and so can most other teams.

Just now, lazza1873 said:

You said you can't wait to tell everyone I told you so not because you want him to fail but because of the shite you took for pointing certain things out.

its the same thing really ain't it? If he doesn't fail then you don't get to tell everyone I told you so. Which you said you can't wait to do. Goes hand in hand.

Nowhere near the same. 

It's very simple.

I don't want him to fail, but if he does I'll take great delight in saying "I told you so" 

If you can't understand that then that's your problem dude. 

6 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Mmmmmm what to make of that. Toral is the wrong player in the wrong position. Don't keep him. The youngsters were fantastic. We need a midfield-Windass did well- and desperately need a cdm. Once we started fighting for the ball we were fine, enough that three or so excellent players will make all the difference assuming that the injured players come back and live up to their potential/reputation. I think, and I definitely wasn't sure before, that it's not Caixhina's tactics that are at fault, it's the players simply not winning their battles AND winning the second ball. Both goals came from a series of half-hearted challenges. That's not good enough.

Both goals came because we had no midfield and that has been the case all season, plus, when you combine no midfield with Kiernan, Senderos it was a recipe for disaster..... Toral will be gone and the likes of Halliday, Holt, and the other overpaid dross should not play for us again.  Barjonas did more tonight than these other cunts have done all season.

1 minute ago, Moody Blue said:

I hate backwards attitudes of someone that needs to know Rangers or knows Scottish football but I think that's what we needed after Warburton stupidly underestimated the step up from the Championship and that we could pass teams off the pitch. That might not have been the sexiest appointment to appease everyone but with the gulf in finances across the city, we need to make ourselves physical and hard to beat.  

Arguably, Smith's team in 9IAR were harder to beat than the easier on the eye mhanks and then the prancing leprechaun's team were more physical than Advocaat's playing style.  Physical just works up here. 

Physical has nearly always won the day in Scotland. We used to put the fear of God into them cunts in the 90's. Burns tarrier team played better football than us in 96 & 97, but they couldn't swim when they got pulled into deep water. We had great players, but don't kid yourself we were ruthless and the taigs would shrink when they came up against us in must win games.

Now we have a bunch of spineless wee boys who's balls haven't dropped.

This place is a riot after a bad result, let's get it straight, the team are nowhere near the Rangers quality we've been brought up on, the board are empty pocket imposters holding us back, the vocal section of our fans group are all blue pound chasing arseholes that nobody trusts, the fenian media are loving every minute of it but I'll still wake up tomorrow a born and bred proddy unashamed of my clubs past and positive about the future. Fuck el papa!!!

Tonight was pretty much case and point for me that the whole mentality at the club from top to bottom is a festering lethargic mess.

Football is moving forward, but we seem to have forgotten who we are as a club.

I should add to start, this is in no way directed at the young lads who played tonight, and played well I would say.

Far too many people at the club who are just wanting to wear a blazer and tie and not do anything to restore us to where we deserve to be.

From 3rd division to now the board have had us acting like victims and the feeling sorry for ourselves culture has got us nowhere.

Pedro's words recently gave me some hope that he gets the Club, and is aware of what is expected. Then he goes out and sets us up for 50-60 minutes of total dug shite.

Ive seen nothing from this board or this manager that makes me think we will be anywhere near a level that befits the Club.

The only small hope is that Pedro is playing some sort of mind game trick to get the board to cough up. Even if that is the case, he doesnt understand that not being good enough isnt an excuse, you need to find a way to win.

I'm saying it now. He won't cut it at the level we need - at best he will have us in the mix for second at Christmas. If we lose the fisrt league game next season then he is finished in my eyes.

If he goes though its not even a dent in the overall clearout needed in the non playing staff, never mind the con artists we have on the grass.

Fucking livid at the state of things. I may have been spoiled by the 9 in a row era growing up but I wont be feeling guilty for expecting us to strive to match that every day of the year.

1 minute ago, WGOH said:

Why not start Barjonas ahead of Toral, the cunt is towing a caravan and doesn't give a fuck

thought Barjonas looked very composed and has a good touch on him and he seems to have bags of confidence. 

Wonder if Beerman would be better on the wing, like the way the kid has grabbed his first team opportunity with both hands.

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

thought Barjonas looked very composed and has a good touch on him and he seems to have bags of confidence. 

Wonder if Beerman would be better on the wing, like the way the kid has grabbed his first team opportunity with both hands.

Looked very good when he came on, shame for him that he is surrounded by absolute shite. 

Beerman got forward really well, I'd like to see him as a wing back in a 3-5-2

Players are shit, we know that.

But this manager is a new kind of clueless 

We play 3 strikers every game, in a mixture of fucking positions, we've got players quite clearly confused about what the fuck the manager wants them to do

Simply, we've went backwards since Warburton left, suffering 2 of the most embarrassing home defeats in our history (Aberdeen dominated us at home tonight) 

For those results and for the direction hes taken the team, he shouldnt be trusted to do anything next season and we should cut our losses right now and sack him

14 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Nowhere near the same. 

It's very simple.

I don't want him to fail, but if he does I'll take great delight in saying "I told you so" 

If you can't understand that then that's your problem dude. 

I get that but do we really need to go though the constant outcry of our own fans saying get him to fuck every time we drop points? (Not you specifically)

Will happen all throughout next season can see it now. Some people haven't took to him because they didn't know him and won't stop until he goes. 

Not filled with optimism by any means, but I'll still reserve final judgement on Pedro until he gets his own players in here. If it's still SSDD with a fresh injection of players, then he'll have no trouble finding the door.

44 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

No it doesn't. See tomorrow in the harsh light of day it meant fuck all.

If we were playing for a title or a cup then yes but the season has been a joke from start to finish and this is just the punchline.

Agree to disagree mate , don't agree with the first line ,although agree with it being a joke of a season , ffs we're on our third manager 

Hard one to take tonight, but I still feel we have to give this manager a chance with his own players.  Although I wanted warburton gone I still thought it a mistake to manoeuvre him out the door as he knew the players and they knew him. No new manager would get this team functioning.  It's not like smith going back after plg either. There's no kris boyd, Barry ferguson and dado prso to change a game followed by a 2 million pound signing to shore up midfield.  That squad had good players that went backwards and lost motivation whereas today we have shite players that have no motivation and only a new squad will fix it.

i just hope for our clubs sake that the manager and fucking scummy board get it right

Once again lost for words. All over the pitch we are lacking effort and ability. Aberdeen didn't even get to 80% and got a win. Thought Miller & Beerman only 2 outfield players to get pass marks. Barjonas looks a good prospect. Rest of the team can happily go without any objection. Really shit times which I can't see ending any time soon. Hope I'm wrong ..,