• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Tav's Bandage said:

He came in at the wrong time, a decent defender at 38.

Feel for him but realistically we need better than Clint Hill, and the biggest factor in Pedro's eyes will be the wage he is on.

What a guy though!

This. If we use senderos and Hill's wages to get someone like Bruno alves in then this is the correct decision

13 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

To think Clint hill is getting punted and gives his all and players with 3 years to go on their contracts couldn't give 2 fucks is disgusting, Clint should have got another year all day longĀ 

Elaborate?

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

This. If we use senderos and Hill's wages to get someone like Bruno alves in then this is the correct decision

Bruno Alves with Halliday holt and windass infront of him would make no difference mateĀ 

I can only assume Pedro has 2 centre halves lined up, who he believes are better than Hill.Ā If so, you would expect them to be first choice all season. You don't want to be chopping andĀ changingĀ your centre halves. It's too important and we need stability.Ā 

If we do get 2 new centre halves, and I hope to god we do, and they are an upgrade on Hill then it MAY be the best all round. Hill needs to play and maybe Pedro thinks it would be unfair to keep him purely as back up. As back up I think he'd be great but that COULD be Pedro's view on it,Ā and he may think, considering their ages, Wilson and Bates areĀ sufficient back up. For what it's worth, if Wilson and Bates turn out to be 3rd and 4th choice then it wouldn't be the worse, although Hill is a better defender IMO.Ā If we don't get 2 new centre halves though, letting Hill go could be a bit premature.

Hill has been an absolute credit to himself and the club though. Already you can see a huge improvement in Bates IMO, and I have no doubt Hill has aided his development. Hopefully 'Arry sorts him out with a deal although to be fair, I doubt he'll be short of options.........

Ā 

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Bruno Alves with Halliday holt and windass infront of him would make no difference mateĀ 

I doubt we'll make only 1 signing this summer

4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

i think after the last few performances pedro will know he cannot start with any of the above in midfield Ā a blind man can see they are all not good enough and far too lightweight Ā he has already said he wants more physical players Ā we must get that in midfield and a solid centre half

14 minutes ago, Tav's Bandage said:

He came in at the wrong time, a decent defender at 38.

Feel for him but realistically we need better than Clint Hill, and the biggest factor in Pedro's eyes will be the wage he is on.

What a guy though!

Ā 

would be solid back upĀ :duh:

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I doubt we'll make only 1 signing this summer

Won't shift the Shite on 8 to 10k a week with 3 years of their deals left tho so be toiling to bring new players inĀ 

4 minutes ago, billscott said:

i think after the last few performances pedro will know he cannot start with any of the above in midfield Ā a blind man can see they are all not good enough and far too lightweight Ā he has already said he wants more physical players Ā we must get that in midfield and a solid centre half

3 years left on their deals so how do we get rid ?Ā 

Just now, Cedrick said:

3 years left on their deals so how do we get rid ?Ā 

dont know the answer but we have to find a way Ā we cant start next season Ā with a midfield like at present Ā pedro can see that after all he substituted the 3 midfielders today

21 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Won't be able to properly judge wether this decision was correct or not till we see who we bring in

That's true mate but I can't help to think he'd at least be a solid option when a better defender is injured, suspended etc.

Guest Lloyd72
4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Won't shift the Shite on 8 to 10k a week with 3 years of their deals left tho so be toiling to bring new players inĀ 

I think we will tbh, our midfield is depleted anyway and can't see many of the current crop sticking around with the way Caixinha is treating them