McKay Keen To Stay

From The Scottish Sun

BARRIE McKAY has begged Rangers to sort out his future.

The winger is entering the final year of his contract at Ibrox, with boss Pedro Caixinha saying he wants the matter resolved sooner rather than later.

McKay, who netted the winner against Hearts, said: “My agent spoke to the club a while ago, but they haven’t come back to us. It’s up to them now.

“When they first spoke to my agent, the previous manager was still here and when they sent an offer the new manager had come in.

“Since we got back to them, nothing’s happened.

“But I can’t let it get inside my head. I just need to focus on football

“This is where I want to stay. Despite having ups and downs, I’ve enjoyed every minute at Rangers.

“I’ve read stuff saying because I’ve not signed I must want away. It’s not like that, but the fans might read it like that.

“It’s important they know the truth. I’m not in a rush to go anywhere. It’s not as if I want out. I want to play here.

“If I’m not in the manager’s plans, it’s up to me to get in them and stay there.

“Until anyone tells me different, I’ll be a Rangers player.”

McKay’s last start came on April 15 in a 2-0 win over Partick Thistle, but he was hooked after just 45 minutes

But he showed Caixinha what he could do against the same opposition last Sunday, with his equaliser setting Gers on their way to a 2-1 win.

The 22-year-old knows he has still to fully convince his boss, but he insists he’s going all out to win Caixinha over.

He added: “I felt I had a bit to prove coming off the bench. It’s not nice being a sub, but when you come on you have to try and make the most of it.

“When Mark Warburton came in we were starting from scratch and we had to build up his trust in us. It’s the same now.

“It was great to know the former manager had faith in me. He put a lot of confidence in me, but the new gaffer has done that as well.

“From where I was a couple of years ago to where I am now, it’s night and day.

“I’m still relatively young and I know I’ve got a long way to go before I’m a complete player.

“I need to keep working hard every day.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

I think surrounded by the right players Mckay will flourish. 

I don't think so. I know he scored today but once again couldn't beat a man on the wing or pick someone out. As I said a squad player and useful sub but not near,y good enough to be starting every week.

Just now, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

I don't think so. I know he scored today but once again couldn't beat a man on the wing or pick someone out. As I said a squad player and useful sub but not near,y good enough to be starting every week.

He's got one of the best eyes for a pass on our whole team, play him as the ten with more intelligent players either side and infront of him and I'm confident we will see the best of him. There is a player in there although agree his form has been inconsistent. 

7 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

I've noticed a change in his attitude in the last 2 games. The head is up alot more. 

The talent has undoubtedly always been there, but not always the attitude. 

Desperate for a contract as no other cunt will pay high wages for someone who only turns up one in ten.

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I'll fuckng bet he is!

No doubt his agent has tested the market and guess what? I think you'll need to stay at Ibrox to cream it, coz no one else has time for a waster

McKay has ability and he also wants to stay , over to you Pedro to mould him into the player his potential promises. With regards to you're opinion of McKay you're well entitled to it but I'd have more respect for your opinion if you were talking about a 28 year old rather than a 22 year old. He's a confidence player who needs to feel the trust of the fans and sadly at Rangers that's in short supply, and it's not all McKays fault.

Not a popular view I know, but I'd let him go for good money. He has talent in spades, but he hides for a big percentage of the game and is a bit of a shitebag.  I know he has scored a couple of face saving goals for us but he doesn't have the attitude or bravery to back that up consistently .  I want better.

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Not a popular view I know, but I'd let him go for good money. He has talent in spades, but he hides for a big percentage of the game and is a bit of a shitebag.  I know he has scored a couple of face saving goals for us but he doesn't have the attitude or bravery to back that up consistently .  I want better.

Typical woman:lol:

I would give him a new contract. He has the best first touch in the team and sees a good pass . He does need to be more consistent and turn up in the big games . He also needs to toughen up  If he could do that then he will be a really good player