McKay Keen To Stay

He has a decent game and everyone thinks he's a superstar , then he's shite for the next six. Nowhere near good enough just like the rest of them and if anyone offers cash for him he should be punted. The fact that he's now desperate to stay shows theres nobody interested in him.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Not a popular view I know, but I'd let him go for good money. He has talent in spades, but he hides for a big percentage of the game and is a bit of a shitebag.  I know he has scored a couple of face saving goals for us but he doesn't have the attitude or bravery to back that up consistently .  I want better.

I actually think he would be better down the middle in a more attacking role. I feel his talent is wasted on the wing.

14 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

He has a decent game and everyone thinks he's a superstar , then he's shite for the next six. Nowhere near good enough just like the rest of them and if anyone offers cash for him he should be punted. The fact that he's now desperate to stay shows theres nobody interested in him.

Maybe, just maybe, he actually wants to stay? He's maybe realised that it would be hard to get another stadium, training facilities and fans like he has at Rangers.

It's up to him to throw it away but there is a talent in there.

7 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Good news that he wants to stay, we need players with his ability.

I believe Pedro will also improve his game and his determination which is his biggest flaw IMO. 

Agreed BRU. I like the idea that he's pleading to stay at Rangers, that's the reaction we need to see from players wanting to play for Rangers. It's then up to Pedro to say whether he is at the correct standard to help the team compete in European football.

1 stand out game hes had all season ad say was the hogmany game at ibrox,apart from tht hes basically ben non existant,maybe  couple of other good games but nothing of the standard that is expected or required,doeanyone think he even deserves a new deal? 

9 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Good squad and impact player still not good enough to command a first team place.

Possibly one point from the last 2 games without him?

Maybe a sign of putting something together which could elevate him to 'regular' status?

9 hours ago, ianferguson said:

McKay has ability and he also wants to stay , over to you Pedro to mould him into the player his potential promises. With regards to you're opinion of McKay you're well entitled to it but I'd have more respect for your opinion if you were talking about a 28 year old rather than a 22 year old. He's a confidence player who needs to feel the trust of the fans and sadly at Rangers that's in short supply, and it's not all McKays fault.

How do you know he wants to stay?

37 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I'd give him 6 months next season. No new contract.

He can earn his contract. If he is shite then punt in January for whatever money we get for him. 

I'm guessing you've never been involved in negotiating?

I'll be the first to admit I've been on at him this season for the inconsistent showings but he's 22 still to hit his prime. The right coach who drills a winning mentality into him instead of 'We'll learn from it' will get the very best out of him. Granted hes had to play out of his skin because hes been dropped to the bench but two very well taken goals the last two games. One at Firhill in particular! 

The hogmany OF he danced up that left wing before the usual mongo hammerthrowing tactics came out. 

His goal tally must improve no more skin two players and cut back in the box and hope somebody finds it. 

People can say whatever they want the boy has skill,flair and potential to special. But people who are against a new deal can watch him leave for fuck all after signing a pre contract if they want. 

Whether he makes the grade in a title winning side remains to be seen but fuck seeing one of the best prospects to come out of auchenhowie in years go for fuck all.

6 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I'm going to take a punt that neither of us are football agents so each other's opinion is valid. 

You can take the wanky approach if you'd prefer. 

You don't need to be a football agent to see how stupid your approach is

10 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

It's looking like no cunt wants him, unsurprisingly and we're the easy meal ticket. This spineless imposter needs hunted.

I wouldnt bet on it, I think he'll get offered more elsewhere as a free agent 

1 minute ago, Tam Müller said:

I'll be the first to admit I've been on at him this season for the inconsistent showings but he's 22 still to hit his prime. The right coach who drills a winning mentality into him instead of 'We'll learn from it' will get the very best out of him. Granted hes had to play out of his skin because hes been dropped to the bench but two very well taken goals the last two games. One at Firhill in particular! 

The hogmany OF he danced up that left wing before the usual mongo hammerthrowing tactics came out. 

His goal tally must improve no more skin two players and cut back in the box and hope somebody finds it. 

People can say whatever they want the boy has skill,flair and potential to special. But people who are against a new deal can watch him leave for fuck all after signing a pre contract if they want. 

Whether he makes the grade in a title winning side remains to be seen but fuck seeing one of the best prospects to come out of auchenhowie in years go for fuck all.

No one on the planet could give this thumbsucker a spine. If he aint got it at 22, he just aint got it and his performances confirm that. There is nothing worse that wasting your time trying to improve a shitebag and one that isn't that technically gifted. Attracting loads of interest is he? NO and no fucking wonder and why the fuck would you? He is part of the problem, not the solution. We have a bigger picture to sort and not waste any more valuable time on a no mark.