9 years ago

what a fantastic day. 

Quarter of a million of us descended on Manchester for the game of our live times, coming from every corner of the globe. 

Unbelievable what has transpired from then until now, but these days will return. 

This is what our club are all about.

IMG_2339.PNG

I genuinely don't see how days like that can return tbh.

We fall further behind other leagues/clubs financially every single year, so I don't see how we will ever be able to compete at that level again.

It was a bit of a freak that it happened in 2008, now it would literally require UEFA to come out before a ball has been kicked and say something like "we love Rangers so we will be putting them straight into the final this year"

Scottish football is fucked 

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

We fall further behind other leagues/clubs financially every single year, so I don't see how we will ever be able to compete at that level again.

It was a bit of a freak that it happened in 2008, now it would literally require UEFA to come out before a ball has been kicked and say something like "we love Rangers so we will be putting them straight into the final this year"

I would love to turn around and say cheer the fuck up and stop being so doubtful but I am afraid I think you are correct ?

Manchester was a great trip and all the petrol stops on the way down was a great trip always remember arriving there absolutely pished and getting on a Manchester bus into the city centre and at the end of the night I had no clue how to get back to the fucking busses ?? I wanted to ask a police officer where I was to go as a 16 year old I started flapping and the cheeky bastards tried to smack me with a baton ??

40 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Nearly 10 years ago. 

Looking at what's happened since is vomit inducing. 

Even at the disappointing end I had never felt more pride at being a rangers fan . The future looked so promising .

I left the office in Cape Town on Tuesday 12 midday and back in the office 8am Friday morning.

Travelled 22,000kms and apart from 22nd May 2005 - Manchester was the best day of my Rangers life. Met many guys in the nearby hotel that came from all over - from those abroad Spain was fairly common.

Anyway - Manchester was Blue that day - if only our team had the same will.

WATP 

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Taigs have quite a decent side. If we get about their level we could compete well in Europa league

14 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Taigs have quite a decent side. If we get about their level we could compete well in Europa league

Most of our team was Scottish, bought from other Scottish teams.  Mostly of limited ability but determined and organised.  We played to our strengths, rode our luck at times, but you could say the same about our 92-93 squad who were a bawhair from the Champions League final.

5 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

To this day I've never watched he game back and doubt I ever will

the atmosphere down there that day was superb 

Same mate. Normally watch most games I go to back if I can and have a look at main points again, But never watched this one. What a couple of days that was and the whole build up to that season was amazing 

I was only 12 when we went on that run and was a bit too young to take it all in. 

Part of me wishes I was in the circumstances I'm in now back then, where I'm able to get to most games. However another part of me knows I'm a nervous wreck the majority of the time following Rangers and I probably would've either passed out through nervousness or drank myself into a coma :lol:

I agree it is almost impossible to see how we can return to competing at that level again at this moment in time, but football changes all the time and we never know what's round the corner. 

Right now I'm sure, like me, you're all dreaming of winning 55, and it will happen. After that, who knows?

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Ajax are in the final with a team full of boys. It is definitely possible for us to do it again. 

3 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

They don't have a decent side though.

They just look alright because every other team in the country is filled with complete dross. Arguably the best player the taigs have is Sinclair who was utter dog shite when he played in England. 

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

They don't have a decent side though.

They just look alright because every other team in the country is filled with complete dross. Arguably the best player the taigs have is Sinclair who was utter dog shite when he played in England. 

I personally think they are as good as Scottish football has seen since us in 2003