Best Rangers atmosphere you've experienced?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Leeds Utd at Ibrox 1992

Title decider v Aberdeen at Ibrox 1991

Scary to think these were 25/26 years ago.

The first CL format. Leeds United at Ibrox. The Battle of Britain. 2-1 wnners. 4-2 on aggregate. Remember it like it was yesterday. Fucking electric.

Our first and sadly our last real chance at the CL title, when we fucked up to Marseille leaving us a point behind them. I still blame Smith for that with his defensive obsessions.

So many but semi final versus Bayern has to be my Ibrox favourite

Hampden, beating them 3-2 in the centenary cup final when big Tam Forsyth rocketed home that volley from a full six inches out.   

Best Hampden atmosphere Scotland vs England >120K the weekend after Barcelona, half the cunts in the Rangers end were still wearing sombreros.  

12 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The first CL format. Leeds United at Ibrox. The Battle of Britain. 2-1 wnners. 4-2 on aggregate. Remember it like it was yesterday. Fucking electric.

Our first and sadly our last real chance at the CL title, when we fucked up to Marseille leaving us a point behind them. I still blame Smith for that with his defensive obsessions.

I know you have a point but I honestly think that if Smith set out a team to bulldoze them in attack they'd have hammered us. Guys like Deschamps, Boksic and Voller in their prime against guys like John Brown, David Robertson, Dave McPherson, Stuart McCall, Pietr Huistra, Ian Ferguson etc .. our strength was being a solid unit and organised not trying to outclass teams like Marseille. 

Regarding atmosphere Man United at Ibrox in the Champions League in 2003 and Sheffield Wed away a few years ago are right up there for me. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I know you have a point but I honestly think that if Smith set out a team to bulldoze them in attack they'd have hammered us. Guys like Deschamps, Boksic and Voller in their prime against guys like John Brown, David Robertson, Dave McPherson, Stuart McCall, Pietr Huistra, Ian Ferguson etc .. our strength was being a solid unit and organised not trying to outclass teams like Marseille. 

Marseille were some team, Pele was another brilliant player. That bastard boli was in the same team