Best Rangers atmosphere you've experienced?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Home:Dynamo Kiev, bohemians,the sheep title decider,goughs equaliser against the scum 

away:the 2 helicopter Sunday's, the title win at shitoddrie,and bizarrely a game away to Ayr United in the late 70s where I think we won 5 0 non stop singing the whole match!

Barcelona at Ibrox

Man U at Ibrox

First trip to Berwick away

A lot of the best "atmospheres" have been in pubs and streets before and after away games, the first trip to hivs after administration was good, early kick off but pubs were open and all of them were full so thousands of bears were standing in the street with carryouts and the polis didn't bother anyone

The squares in Stuutgart and Osasuna were fantastic too,  cannae beat sitting in a square in a foreign city in the sun with thousands of bears and loads of bevvy and the flags up everywhere and looking at the baffled looks on the locals faces

Second Leg against Slavia Sofia May 1967 when the ground was absolutely jumping. My old man took me after we'd won the first leg away 1-0 with Bud scoring. Same result to put us through to the final with the Jim Forrest debacle and Scot Symon playing Roger Hynd a defender up front against Beckenbauer. :duh:

Anorthosis Famagusta at Ibrox 95, champions league qualifier. Not so much for the atmosphere during the game but for the hour or so before KO everyone chanting for Gazza making his competitive debut and the place going mental when he came out for the warm up!

Actual atmosphere singing wise, friendly against Sheffield Wednesday will take some beating.

for an actual game where everyone's pumped up, ready for it Kilmarnock or Dundee Utd away when we won the league in 2009 or 2011 or the 2002 Scottish cup final against the bheggers.  I've certainly never celebrated a goal like that last one that day anyway.

I went to a lot of big games during the 90's but I think I was too young to truly appreciate it.  

Special mention to the last ten minutes at Pittodrie a few weeks ago, that was sadly the highlight of my season.