1872 Crossroads

Spiderpig

When the current board were voted on, I said at the time - I'll give it one year before the self-agendas / backstabbing / resignations (ala' the RST) would start. I was wrong, it lasted six or seven months before we had three resignations. That's some going and down to the actions of one individual.

This wasn't just an observation of mine, but of numerous people on here and elsewhere who could see exactly how it would end up - but we were routinely shot down, accused of not giving it a chance.

Funnily enough, we were told much the same at the inception of RF when we stated the end game was a merger with the RST...the very same people told us it would never happen.

I posted this yesterday:

https://tinyurl.com/md96p6e

They've failed on every issue they set out to achieve.

As I mentioned before, jettison the current board members (Houston especially), elect a new board (hopefully including D'Art) and then it might have a chance of surviving / being a success, but until Houston is gone, it will remain toxic and fucked beyond repair.

Another busted flush.

"it was blatantly obvious to the vast majority of fans that Club1872 had undoubted potential and could become a great asset for our support"

When has a fan group ever been to the benefit of the Rangers support?  They have never been anything other than a group of self serving factions causing division among our support.  Even if the club wiped all them away and started one main fan group it would be composed of guys still pushing their own self serving agendas. 

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

"it was blatantly obvious to the vast majority of fans that Club1872 had undoubted potential and could become a great asset for our support"

When has a fan group ever been to the benefit of the Rangers support?  They have never been anything other than a group of self serving factions causing division among our support.  Even if the club wiped all them away and started one main fan group it would be composed of guys still pushing their own self serving agendas. 

They already have.

Club 1872.

Its a very good article IMO & does illustrate that, with a bit of work, its all fixable.

However, as is stated, the next elections are vital to allow this to happen, hopefully those left on the board who are causing a divide do the right thing & stand aside but it's also up to the members to do the right thing also .. if you can help, do so.

58 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Finally something you've said I agree with 

all this pish about good intentions and a good idea is bollocks too 

54 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

When the current board were voted on, I said at the time - I'll give it one year before the self-agendas / backstabbing / resignations (ala' the RST) would start. I was wrong, it lasted six or seven months before we had three resignations. That's some going and down to the actions of one individual.

This wasn't just an observation of mine, but of numerous people on here and elsewhere who could see exactly how it would end up - but we were routinely shot down, accused of not giving it a chance.

Funnily enough, we were told much the same at the inception of RF when we stated the end game was a merger with the RST...the very same people told us it would never happen.

I posted this yesterday:

https://tinyurl.com/md96p6e

They've failed on every issue they set out to achieve.

As I mentioned before, jettison the current board members (Houston especially), elect a new board (hopefully including D'Art) and then it might have a chance of surviving / being a success, but until Houston is gone, it will remain toxic and fucked beyond repair.

Another busted flush.

First time I've read this, i would think it's important not to give up, i also think it's key to get more season ticket holders like myself involved and who gave money monthly (and still do) to RF ( Now 1872) to see the issues and politics as most fans are just giving to the cause without really being up to speed with the politics.

Imo this is the No.1 issue that needs fixing at our club. Not the team, not the board , us as a collective group.Ultimately it's us who will determine just how quickly we get back to where we need to be.

Obviously on here it's impossible to agree with everybody's opinions but it's pretty disheartening to know just how fragmented we are as a support. Being totally honest I'm not fully aware of what's went wrong at 1872  and the like but if as people say the wrong people are in place it's crucial to the recovery of Rangers they are replaced with the Right people. 

Admit it or not we are all complicit with the problems surrounding our club and that's down to apathy. We need (the club needs)  guys with drive and passion to represent us as a support with the sole intention of the betterment of Rangers. Nobody should be unaccountable or beyond reprisal for failing in their responsibility.

In the last week somebody on here has pointed out some very valid points surrounding Level 5 and the inadequate way they handle our PR. This is exactly where a effective and influential fans group should be stepping in and echoing the the voices of the support.

It's clear to me there are people with the correct credentials even within this forum who only want the best for Rangers without seeking personal gain or back slapping plaudits from their peers. Surely then,  we are capable of finding a democratic way of voting these people into a position of trust where they can be relied upon to represent our wishes.

I've been contributing since the inception of RF but I'm little weary of it now, to be honest. Rangers First was a breath of fresh air. Club 1872 has been like a silent fart. Other clubs (Hearts for example) appear to be able to run similar schemes, have all fans onside and maintain momentum with it. From the outside, Club 1872 looks like a deflating omnishambles and I have no faith in those on its board being able to reverse this. They need to engage our support again - similar to how RF did this. I don't doubt the boards effort but do doubt their ability to do this. They need more focused support and endorsement from the club - maybe even financial assistance?

2 hours ago, Gazza1212 said:

Imo this is the No.1 issue that needs fixing at our club. Not the team, not the board , us as a collective group.Ultimately it's us who will determine just how quickly we get back to where we need to be.

Obviously on here it's impossible to agree with everybody's opinions but it's pretty disheartening to know just how fragmented we are as a support. Being totally honest I'm not fully aware of what's went wrong at 1872  and the like but if as people say the wrong people are in place it's crucial to the recovery of Rangers they are replaced with the Right people. 

Admit it or not we are all complicit with the problems surrounding our club and that's down to apathy. We need (the club needs)  guys with drive and passion to represent us as a support with the sole intention of the betterment of Rangers. Nobody should be unaccountable or beyond reprisal for failing in their responsibility.

In the last week somebody on here has pointed out some very valid points surrounding Level 5 and the inadequate way they handle our PR. This is exactly where a effective and influential fans group should be stepping in and echoing the the voices of the support.

It's clear to me there are people with the correct credentials even within this forum who only want the best for Rangers without seeking personal gain or back slapping plaudits from their peers. Surely then,  we are capable of finding a democratic way of voting these people into a position of trust where they can be relied upon to represent our wishes.

Excellent post. ?

3 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

First time I've read this, i would think it's important not to give up, i also think it's key to get more season ticket holders like myself involved and who gave money monthly (and still do) to RF ( Now 1872) to see the issues and politics as most fans are just giving to the cause without really being up to speed with the politics.

Without ST holders & supporters clubs on board it will never have any credibility 

C1872 will never be fit for purpose as it has two fundamentally opposite objectives: a shareholding substantial enough to hold the Board of Directors to account; and acting as a supporter's group to be the single point of contact with that same Board of Directors. The conflicts are too great between the need for ruthless independence on one of those objectives and the opportunities for manipulation in the other are beautifully designed along almost Machiavellian lines to cancel each other out.

Consider why Rangers First was a raging success by comparison to the clusterfuck that is 1872:

RF was a wholly independent fans initiative for the benefit of the club. It had a simple objective: obtain a sufficiently large shareholding to hold the Board of Directors to account. Side benefit: investment of capital into the club whenever possible via share issues.

C1872 is a Board initiative that, in my personal opinion, is for the benefit of the Board. I would support this assertion by the events around the proposed loan from RF, the "projects" initiative, and the single point of contact aspect, which was included in the PR behind the merger proposal. Finally, the King e-mail to Wallace to the effect that he could guarantee the fans' groups would spin the message on the "Ibrox as loan security" deal, makes it clear that he was already using the RST for exactly the role C1872 is now fulfilling: spinning for the Board to the wider support.

It is simply not in the Boards' interests to encourage the successful development of a group with the same objective as RF.