Toral

Boybluesy

Rather he never played for us again and we use Barjonas on Wednesday.   It was very clear that he didn't want to be on the park on Saturday and I believe his injury was the square root of fuck-all.  We're better using our young players who want to play.  I also have to say Bates looked like a decent player on Saturday, best I've seen him.

he has been disappointing. . On arsenals website this is his profile.

" an exceptional dribbler" ??

Following on from an encouraging loan spell with Brentford during the 2014/15 season, attacking playmaker Jon spent last campaign with Birmingham City - and made an instant impact, scoring twice in his first two games.

The skilful midfielder soon established himself as a first-team regular, adding six more goals to his haul after 38 appearances. At the end of the season Jon was named Supporters' Player of the Season, Players' Player of the Season and won the Goal of the Season award for an exceptional volley against Ipswich Town. Jon (full name Jon Miquel Toral Harper) arrived from the Barcelona academy at the same time as Hector Bellerin. An exceptional dribbler, Jon has an English mother, and can play wide or in the number 10 position.

It doesn't really bear any resemblance to the player we see who flatters to decieve on most occasions.

To be honest, when you look at the loan deals we have had over the last two seasons they have been - by and large - completely ineffective

6 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Rather he never played for us again and we use Barjonas on Wednesday.   It was very clear that he didn't want to be on the park on Saturday and I believe his injury was the square root of fuck-all.  We're better using our young players who want to play.  I also have to say Bates looked like a decent player on Saturday, best I've seen him.

Hard to argue with that.

What about the boy Burt? He hasn't featured and i'm surprised about that.

Guest Lloyd72

Bates had his best game in a Rangers shirt on saturday, he looks to have got rid of his nerves on the ball and has improved his distribution. If he keeps that form up in his last couple of games I'd keep him around next season as 4th choice.

Toral is a shitebag

I agree he shouldn't play again, but only because he's a loanee and there's no point.

Btw, The last person people thought had an injury that was 'the square root of fuck-all' was Danny Wilson.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

To be honest, when you look at the loan deals we have had over the last two seasons they have been - by and large - completely ineffective

Yup, I wonder if Pedro will be taking on any loans in the summer? If so I hope they are more successful the the ones MW got us.

4 hours ago, Boybluesy said:

You're right. Played in La liga, the English Championship and was on the books of Arsenal and Barca - but afraid to play in the SPFL... 

Thought he was alright at the weekend, and have seen a good few people saying they thought he played well. 

Thought that Barjonas did absolutely nothing at the weekend, and we were completely overrun when he came on. Beating the sheep again sends a message for next season and maintains our terrific home record against them - so our strongest available team has to go out IMO. 

The lad can obviously play football but we're not seeing it at the moment.  Maybe it's a lack of fitness or confidence.  It's too late for him to make an impact as the seasons almost over.  A real shame.