Pedro's Presser

Guest Lloyd72

Glad there's nothing in it with the under Hearts boy but think the under 20's thing is a farce. 

It's all well and good saying they'll learn by playing against better teams but we need players with a winning mentality and you won't get that by playing 'challenge games' all the time.

1 minute ago, Frank Harrison said:

Glad there's nothing in it with the under Hearts boy but think the under 20's thing is a farce. 

It's all well and good saying they'll learn by playing against better teams but we need players with a winning mentality and you won't get that by playing 'challenge games' all the time.

The U20 league isn't competitive either though.

7 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

It's not really a farce though is it?

We are taking a year out before Project Brave starts in 2018/19. This will allow our younger players to play against better teams than ourselves, play against different systems and give them the experience of travelling and meybe playing in front of slightly large crowds than they are used to. It's not as if this is now the way forward forever, it's a one year project to let the players show what they can do, and what they will be up against in the future. 

I'd rather that for a year, than play a year of 'dead rubber' games against Scottish teams when everyone in the league knows its about to be changed. 

The only part I have concern about is trying to get into the Uefa Youth League (although to be honest I've not read enough about the requirements etc.)

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

How long until the video usually gets uploaded? I do enjoy watching Pedro put the press in their place.

usually around 4 they put it up

21 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

It seems to work for the likes of Southampton and Spurs. There also needs to be exposure to lower leagues as well for players to develop. As it currently stands we are not producing anywhere near enough talent so we need to hope that Mulholland knows what he is doing. He certainly also has the backing of the SFA.

So I couldn't wait until I got home to watch that.

The journos must've had their pre-prepared questions about Tziolis. Even when he said that it was rubbish they continued to ask questions. :duh:

Also, did I pick it up right that we are close to a couple of signings?

2 hours ago, Frank Harrison said:

I think theres a slight danger a comparison will be made between kids and professional footballers. I cant see many youngsters having a "challenge game" mentality when theyre coming up against the best sides in Britain every game. 

We could put them up against crap every week, they'll win every week, get that "winning mentality" every week, and learn absolutely nothing every week. 

One of the many many problems with our game is that sort of mentality, where a 13 or 14 year old boy starts to get it drilled into him that its "must win", not that his awareness or reading of the game is more important. Everyone mentions Barca at this point, and its cliche but true. Watch some vidoes of their youth teams, even in tournaments, winning is important to them, but not the be-all. 

Lastly: 

"right son mon sign for Rangers, play in the youth development leagues against boys you go to school with"

or

"right son mon sign for Rangers, your debut is against Man Utd and then we play Chelsea the following week"

hmmm, decisions decisions 

2 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

The journos must've had their pre-prepared questions about Tziolis. Even when he said that it was rubbish they continued to ask questions. :duh:

Sounds like it.

Also sounds like there will be a few more leaving in the Summer.

39 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Hopefully the clear out will be a swift and painless one. It also sounded that Jordan Rossiter and Niko will both be involved next season.

A little pain administered slowly to more than a few wouldn't go amiss.

Guest Lloyd72
52 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Sounded like they were midfielders too from how he worded it, I wonder if anything will be announced today

4 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Sounded like they were midfielders too from how he worded it, I wonder if anything will be announced today

I doubt anything will be announced this week, but hopefully once our season is over we will see a few quick announcements.