Pedro's Presser

Guest Lloyd72

3 hours ago, Frank Harrison said:

Glad there's nothing in it with the under Hearts boy but think the under 20's thing is a farce. 

It's all well and good saying they'll learn by playing against better teams but we need players with a winning mentality and you won't get that by playing 'challenge games' all the time.

He said he thinks season after next the other clubs will copy/follow even if its, not a success. Does he really think they will follow a failed system & why would that be?

33 minutes ago, Dietspam said:

I like the way he says ''Players go on vacation on the 21st. Some will return, some will not'' Pedro's gonna have them killed off :lol: 

Aye. Was a bit menacing sounding.

1 minute ago, zanderbear said:

He said he thinks season after next the other clubs will copy/follow even if its, not a success. Does he really think they will follow a failed system & why would that be?

He never said anything like that. He said he likes to be the first one to try things even if they can fail. Then he said he can see other clubs in Scotland doing the same

5 minutes ago, zanderbear said:

That's not what he said.

EDIT: Soz, covered already by the speedy youngster ^^^.

On 15/05/2017 at 4:48 PM, Skyson1872 said:

He never said anything like that. He said he likes to be the first one to try things even if they can fail. Then he said he can see other clubs in Scotland doing the same

No first said he said " I sink the majority will go after that the following season" replying to follow on question he then said        "I not say copy, sometimes you wait to see what others are doing then you take a reaction, I prefer to give the 1st step all the time, even if it's no working"

So if it's not working I.E it doesn't work, why would anyone want to replicate it?

On 15/05/2017 at 0:59 PM, Frank Harrison said:

Glad there's nothing in it with the under Hearts boy but think the under 20's thing is a farce. 

It's all well and good saying they'll learn by playing against better teams but we need players with a winning mentality and you won't get that by playing 'challenge games' all the time.

At under 20 level we need development - I play/ played at a shite level and can never remember an uncompetitive game nor one that I did not want to win. Yes top players and teams have a 'winning'mentality but what makes them top is the skill of the players , their class and that's what needs developed right through the Scottish game and to do that we need games that develop that.

On 15/05/2017 at 0:59 PM, Frank Harrison said:

I think it's a cracking idea 

no idea if it's good or bad development and result wise but we weren't doing much in the domestic league anyway ... hopefully learn more even in defeats to top teams that finishing 4th or something in that domestic leagues 

plus a few jollies to Portugal to watch them sounds good 

4 hours ago, zanderbear said:

No first said he said " I sink the majority will go after that the following season" replying to follow on question he then said        "I not say copy, sometimes you wait to see what others are doing then you take a reaction, I prefer to give the 1st step all the time, even if it's no working"

So if it's not working I.E it doesn't work, why would anyone want to replicate it?

Honestly not sure how you are coming to that conclusion, it is not even close to being implied even in the bits you have quoted! Clearly he doesn't think it is not going to work! He thinks it will prove to be a good move and that's why others will follow!

However, in general, he prefers to be proactive rather than 'wait & see' even if that means making decisions that don't work out.

21 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

At under 20 level we need development - I play/ played at a shite level and can never remember an uncompetitive game nor one that I did not want to win. Yes top players and teams have a 'winning'mentality but what makes them top is the skill of the players , their class and that's what needs developed right through the Scottish game and to do that we need games that develop that.

Kicking a turnip around your father's farm doesn't count mate.

11 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Kicking a turnip around your father's farm doesn't count mate.

But it used to! Now it's all structured sessions and real footballs - when you can header a neep or play keeps up with a tin can then you have real development. :pipe:

On 15/05/2017 at 4:28 PM, Boybluesy said:

Also liked Lee Hodson presser.  Speaks very well and highly motivated to remain with us.

That's all fine (motivated attitude) but you've got to be a good player he's not that great