Teamgers

Europa League

79 posts in this topic

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but the sheep are now straight into round 2 of this competition for finishing second, whereas we are still in first round and unseeded.

Ah fuck it, wont make a difference for them anyway. 

Gives us achance to pump some diddy team as a warm up before the 2nd round. :whistle:

2 people like this

They will enjoy feeling that wee bit important, probably because after Wednesday the feeling won't be there again for a long, long time.

29 minutes ago, Teamgers said:

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but the sheep are now straight into round 2 of this competition for finishing second, whereas we are still in first round and unseeded.

We are seeded in round 1.

I don't think it makes too much of a difference in terms of quality of opposition, but obviously we play our first game earlier so its a disadvantage from that point of view.

I just hope we get a decent draw and progress, because we're not exactly a solid outfit at the moment.

For the Dons it's important for them to get a bye into the 2nd round because the banana skin potential is worse for them.

From a Rangers perspective though, it's different. It's been way too long since we played in these games so I'm more than happy for Rangers to play in the first round. I'm sure we'll get through and I'll certainly be attending as many Euro games as I can.

3 people like this

Joey-Tribianni-Shrug-Friends.gif

1 person likes this

It's Dave King's fault.

1 person likes this

I can't see us going too far given the time we have left to get players in , fit and gel together. If we manage to the group stages we will have done well. 

Europe is just a bonus,  maybe even a distraction,  our focus should be solely on winning the league

1 person likes this

Be interesting to see what we are charged for these games 

Oh well had we fought harder perhaps weddings wouldn't need to have been cancelled.

1 person likes this

Just glad to be back in Europe. Couldn't care how long, what round etc... Just good to be back. Sometime ago, a lot of us thought we would never see this again in our lives. 

1 person likes this

36 minutes ago, davis1986 said:

Should be free to everyone who renews their season tickets.

2 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

Should be free to everyone who renews their season tickets.

That's a good shout but can't see them do that. They will be looking to get more money in  

1 person likes this

55 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

I can't see us going too far given the time we have left to get players in , fit and gel together. If we manage to the group stages we will have done well. 

If we manage the group stages I'll be fucking delighted!!!

5 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

That's a good shout but can't see them do that. They will be looking to get more money in  

I know mate, be interesting to see the attendance at that time of year aswell. 

Not too fussed what round we enter/reach - just really glad to be back in the big time tbh.

People moaning saying it should be free or wondering what price it will be... then there's a massive thread with people saying they would easily pay £100 more on their season ticket to give the club maximum money for transfers etc or asking to how raise more revenue.

Hopefully European money is a bonus for us to spend in January if the money will be made available for PC.

I'd for one be willing to spend the extra on Euro games.

4 hours ago, davis1986 said:

It depends on what we do wrong mate. Singing certain songs might persuade wee Nicola to bring back hanging. 

Just behave, stay away from the polis, the further you are away from them the harder it is for them to catch you. Don't sing any Cultural songs, apart from The Billy Boys, obviously, who's gonna get all upset aboot  singing that song, eh??

9 hours ago, Blue Atheist said:

For the Dons it's important for them to get a bye into the 2nd round because the banana skin potential is worse for them.

From a Rangers perspective though, it's different. It's been way too long since we played in these games so I'm more than happy for Rangers to play in the first round. I'm sure we'll get through and I'll certainly be attending as many Euro games as I can.

"The Dons"

Really?

2 people like this