Europa League

Teamgers

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incidentally, as Scotland have moved up to 19th this year (mainly it has to be said on the back of Celtic and Aberdeen with 3 wins apiece, and 9 wins and 3 draws overall) and 23rd on the 5-year ranking, our CW will start in ELQ2 as of right in 2018/19 but our Champions will play in CLQ1 under the new format.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

We should remember that the winners of the Europa League get access to the Champions League.

It's another avenue into the CL, so it's very important to us.

It's not a certainty we will win it though. Probably wouldn't rate our chances much better than 50% with this current squad but obviously need to see who comes in

17 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Just glad to be back in Europe. Couldn't care how long, what round etc... Just good to be back. Sometime ago, a lot of us thought we would never see this again in our lives. 

You talk some amount of shit.

On 2017-05-16 at 4:42 PM, Amato said:

It's not a certainty we will win it though. Probably wouldn't rate our chances much better than 50% with this current squad but obviously need to see who comes in

:cheers: 

On 16/05/2017 at 2:42 PM, Amato said:

Sorry, am I reading this right? You're saying that our current squad would have a 50/50 chance of winning the Europa League?

On 15/05/2017 at 10:29 PM, TheCutch said:

TBH, I don't know 1 fellow Gers fan who thought we would never play in Europe again.

I actually thought we would have been in it sooner.

Same - all this "we didn't even know if we'd have a club to support again" is birthday card pish cunts that drink in the Louden on match day hit out with 

there was never any danger imo but the real danger was how long to recover etc not if.

1 hour ago, Ger_onimo said:

Sorry, am I reading this right? You're saying that our current squad would have a 50/50 chance of winning the Europa League?

Yeah but that's with the squad as it is at this very moment. Obviously if we get in the likes of Alves then it starts to look more like a formality

11 minutes ago, Amato said:

Yeah but that's with the squad as it is at this very moment. Obviously if we get in the likes of Alves then it starts to look more like a formality

avoid a team from.gibraltar early on and I think its ours. 

On 16/05/2017 at 2:37 PM, Inigo said:

We should remember that the winners of the Europa League get access to the Champions League.

It's another avenue into the CL, so it's very important to us.

And if we win the league as well we can enter two Rangers teams.

The rules don't say we can't. :rangers::rangers: 

I think being in that very first round will actually benefit us, at least it gives us a chance to get competitive game time under our belt before maybe facing someone half decent. Going straight in and playing some Scandinavian team who are halfway through their season could really be a banana skin, if it isn't already. 

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I'm glad people agree that we can win this.

Except for Ger_onimo obviously. Don't know what his problem is.

No confidence in us

As long as kiernan and waghorn stay fit then I'll be shocked if we don't win it tbh 

Just now, Queen's_highway said:

No confidence in us

As long as kiernan and waghorn stay fit then I'll be shocked if we don't win it tbh 

:tu: Or 'The Rock' and 'Quick Draw McGraw', as I like to call them.

Spot on mate.

10 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

We'll be calling this the diddy cup the season after next when we're awaiting the Champions League draw as league and EL cup winners.

I've got 50 quid on at 2500/1 such is my confidence