Pedro looking to play to Garners strengths

Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me get this straight, play to Garners strength put the ball onto his head and everything will be fine, but FFS don't put it onto his feet because I've seen what he can do with them, I'm sorry but Garner is shite.

oh and by the way he's also missed sitters with his head.

22 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Next season is all going to end in tears. 

Our prority is not wide men.It's the lack of leadership and physicality. Two central defenders and two holding midfielders are the bare minimum priority. Its as plain as the hole in your arse. 

I assume that's why he's released two central defenders already and already heavily linked to one holding midfielder?

Guest Lloyd72

I think Garner could easily get 15 goals next season if he was partnered with a better finisher and we had some wingers who can cross the ball.

If the Manager thinks that what we've seen from Garner this season overall, but more particularly for the games Pedro has been in charge, is a player giving a 7 or better out of 10 performance on a consistent basis then he is seeing Garner through vastly more optimistic lenses than I am.  

Even if he (Garner) is not yet rated by Pedro as a consistent 7 or better out of 10 performer but under Pedro's coaching and way of playing for next season Garner can hit and sustain that sort of performance level then good luck to Pedro.  The Manager would clearly have an overabundance of confidence in his ability to turn Garner into a reliable, consistent goalscorer who - over the season - would merit the Manager's assessment of 7 or better out of 10.  

I just do not see that sort of quality in Garner's play.  Nor do I see him becoming the sort of goal-scoring reliable striker the Manager seems to think is waiting to be unlocked in Garner if the right sort of wing play and penalty box service can be provided.   I just do not see that in Garner.  

Maybe Pedro thinks he can perform a picador-like bit of coaching to produce the sort of goal-scoring that Rangers need.   Good luck to him with that because Garner as we currently see him is not, imo, the person to be relying on for enough goals to turn the side into a credible title challenging side.   

That's why Pedro is the Manager though.  It's his call.   He seems to be the sort of guy who will stand or fall based on what he believes and what he tries to do.  If it works it works and if it fails it fails.   

Personally I think Garner is mince but he's got 10 goals this season playing with muck and not to his strengths.

Who's to say if we give him good service and a better team he won't double that? 

PC can't win with some people, moan that we don't play to Garners strengths then when he tells us he plans to play to Garners strengths, you've got people in uproar thinking he's only going to bring in wingers next season and we need centre half's.

4 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

So our opponent's will know that all they have to do is stop us making crosses into the box next season ?

That's the beauty of football...we all know what we have to do to stop a, b, or c, happening.  Making it happen is the difficult bit...for instance everyone knew that to stop Boyd you had to deny him space.  Worked well for most ;)

2 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Then he gets man marked oot the game and we are Fucked. 

Ooft. Spoken like a man that's been mentally scarred by the MW era. Bet there's a generation of Bears like this.

Don't worry, mate, we'll get through this together.

1 hour ago, coopsleftboot said:

Plan B :thumbup:

Cheers, Doctor. 

technology-psychiatrist-psychiatrist_s-p

2 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

Imagine that eh?  Playing to the strengths of what you have instead of trying to shoehorn players into a system they can't operate.  It'll never catch on.

There was  a good reason that Warburton was at lowly Brentford.

1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Our prority is not wide men.It's the lack of leadership and physicality. Two central defenders and two holding midfielders are the bare minimum priority. Its as plain as the hole in your arse. 

You could add a few decent strikers, a creative midfielder and a solid RB to the list of priorities.

1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Yes because what that article says is we're only going to sign wide players.

Not sure about wingers playing on the side of their feet. If you swap you give the space and width to overlapping FB and also option of cutting inside. 

Depends on quality of the FBs I guess over the wingers. 

Otherwise they just get in each other's way. 

1 hour ago, theiconicman said:

Not sure about wingers playing on the side of their feet. If you swap you give the space and width to overlapping FB and also option of cutting inside. 

Depends on quality of the FBs I guess over the wingers. 

Otherwise they just get in each other's way. 

Up until fairly recently that's the way every team used to play, both ways have their pros/cons.