Mcinnes "hits back"

WWTC

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes has hit back at Pedro Caixinha after the Rangers gaffer cranked up the mind games ahead of tomorrow's meeting at Ibrox. 

Caixinha struck out with a series of jibes against the Dons last night - claiming their position as second best in the country was coming to an end and insisting McInnes was facing a major summer rebuild.

The Portuguese coach then stuck the knife in when he admitted he fancies pinching Dons skipper Ryan Jack in the summer with the 25-year-old set to leave Pittodrie.

Jack is out injured for tomorrow's meeting and faces a race against time to be fit for the Scottish Cup Final against Celtic a week on Saturday.

But his manager was in no mood for mind games when he spoke to the media this afternoon.

McInnes said: "I find it strange that the Rangers manager feels the need to talk about other clubs so much.

"His job as Rangers manager is to finish above Celtic. He shouldn't be talking about our players but each to their own."

I was going to put this in the match thread but thought it deserved one of its own. Admin can move if they feel it's appropriate. 

Above is an article in DR, im not posting a link. 

Have I missed something? Was whoever wrote this actually at Pedros press conference? This is another classic example of these people work, and I have to say i'm a little suprised Mcinnes has bought it. 

He did NOT strike out with a series of jibes, or mention the sheep shaggers position. He stated facts about a team in cycles and how they are currently replacing players. He even gave examples! 

He did NOT at any point say he fancied "pinching" Jack, he mentioned him as a number of players who have impressed him, he was complimenting an opposition player! Are we chasing scott mcdonald, dougie imrie, and all the other players he's mentioned since his very first press conference?

None of this suprises me, I doubt it will suprise any Rangers fan these days, but its becoming ridiculous and I sincerely hope Caixinha reads this, aswell as the initial reporting of his press conference. I can't comment on the reporting of this from other rhags as ive only seen this article, but given the way he discussed things with them openly and honestly, in a warm manner i felt, I wouldnt be suprised if we start seeing this Devil side. Not before time.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, WWTC said:

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes has hit back at Pedro Caixinha after the Rangers gaffer cranked up the mind games ahead of tomorrow's meeting at Ibrox. 

Caixinha struck out with a series of jibes against the Dons last night - claiming their position as second best in the country was coming to an end and insisting McInnes was facing a major summer rebuild.

The Portuguese coach then stuck the knife in when he admitted he fancies pinching Dons skipper Ryan Jack in the summer with the 25-year-old set to leave Pittodrie.

Jack is out injured for tomorrow's meeting and faces a race against time to be fit for the Scottish Cup Final against Celtic a week on Saturday.

But his manager was in no mood for mind games when he spoke to the media this afternoon.

McInnes said: "I find it strange that the Rangers manager feels the need to talk about other clubs so much.

"His job as Rangers manager is to finish above Celtic. He shouldn't be talking about our players but each to their own."

I was going to put this in the match thread but thought it deserved one of its own. Admin can move if they feel it's appropriate. 

Have I missed something? Was whoever wrote this actually at Pedros press conference? This is another classic example of these people work, and I have to say i'm a little suprised Mcinnes has bought it. 

He did NOT strike out with a series of jibes, or mention the sheep shaggers position. He stated facts about a team in cycles and how they are currently replacing players. He even gave examples! 

He did NOT at any point say he fancied "pinching" Jack, he mentioned him as a number of players who have impressed him, he was complimenting an opposition player! Are we chasing scott mcdonald, dougie imrie, and all the other players he's mentioned since his very first press conference?

None of this suprises me, I doubt it will suprise any Rangers fan these days, but its becoming ridiculous and I sincerely hope Caixinha reads this, aswell as the initial reporting of his press conference. I can't comment on the reporting of this from other rhags as ive only seen this article, but given the way he discussed things with them openly and honestly, in a warm manner i felt, I wouldnt be suprised if we start seeing this Devil side. Not before time.

lmfao

Just now, Goianegra said:

Seems to be taking losing out on the Rangers job pretty well. Doesn't seem to bother him that the guy that DID get the job is about to take his captain off him either.

Managing Aberdeen has done it to him. You can't underestimate their hatred for all things Glaswegian, it's obviously rubbing off.

8 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Just the taig infested media trying to do Mcinnes team talk for him, fire the sheep pumpers up for their visit to Ibrox, desperate for an aberdeen win.  fuck them and fuck mcinnes  :lol:

ROUND AND ROUND AND UP AND DOWN  :aberdeen:

I wonder if he thinks how Pedro must feel when all the other managers, supporters of other clubs, in the pocket media hacks etc feel the need to talk about Rangers ad nauseum.

What a fucking appaling rhag the DR is these days

Absolute non story which the desperate media in this country will try and flame and explode into some type of war. It's a pile a shite. I, like all of us possibly, would have been surprised to hear Pedro talking about another teams player but who really gives a fuck. Yeah it's not the norm but so fuck. No one gives a damn!