Mcinnes "hits back"

WWTC

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

I don't understand people saying he's beeling from missing out on the Rangers job. He was never interviewed nor did we approach Aberdeen and whenever asked about it he said he'd rather stay at Aberdeen. 

I know McInnes is a massive bluenose - or was - but I doubt he fancied the job in the first place, expected to finish above Celtic with not even three-quarters of the budget they have and risk losing your reputation as a half decent manager in doing so. 

Many would have picked him over Pedro as well, and probably still would. 

I highly doubt he's raging

He never said he was staying at Aberdeen mate. He said a few times he has a job to do at Aberdeen and that was what he was concentrating on. In fact his answers to me made it clear he wanted the job. If I was him and I had wanted the job I would be pissed off as well so can't blame him if he is.

I still think McInnes would have been the best and most sensible choice for manager.  Saying that I 100% back Caixinha in the role and hope he proves me wrong.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I think he would want the Rangers job. Derek McInnes is a good guy, and never let us down when he played here. He is doing a good job at Aberdeen, but I think he would have ambitions to manage at a higher level.

He's bottled it more than once at Aberdeen, and should never be considered for the Rangers job. He'll fail again when he next goes to a second tier team in England. He's where he belongs with the sheep, as they generally have delusions of grandeur too. 

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Aye, just. A decent manager should have had us out of sight.

Unless we blame Murty who, according to some on here, is the best manager we've had this season.

No I was wrong I didn't realise that Warburtons last game was the 1-1 against County that put us to third I thought that was Murtys first game and Murty imo wasn't great but aye he probably was our best manager this season and that's saying something 

Just now, Aubie92 said:

He's bottled it more than once at Aberdeen, and should never be considered for the Rangers job. He'll fail again when he next goes to a second tier team in England. He's where he belongs with the sheep, as they generally have delusions of grandeur too. 

I never said he should be considered for the Rangers job, my point was that he would take it if offered.

8 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I never said he should be considered for the Rangers job, my point was that he would take it if offered.

It was more about him doing that good a job there. He's benefited as much as Celtic have from us being booted down the leagues, as he's been able to pass finishing second well behind Celtic as success. Aberdeen fans have been starved of any success for decades, and I get that to many winning the League Cup was big; it's literally all he's won though, and he & his team bottled it when they had the chance to mount an actual challenge. Whether Pedro succeeds or fails, I'm glad Aberdeen wanted more for McInnes than we were willing to pay. 

Just now, Aubie92 said:

It was more about him doing a good job there. He's benefited as much as Celtic have from us being booted down the leagues, as he's been able to pass finishing second well behind Celtic as success. Aberdeen fans have been starved of any success for decades, and I get that to many winning the League Cup was big; it's literally all he's won though, and he & his team bottled it when they had the chance to mount an actual challenge. Whether Pedro succeeds or fails, I'm glad Aberdeen wanted more for McInnes than we were willing to pay. 

You're probably right and I'm probably wrong, going by the semi final I watched them win; I thought they were extremely poor in that match, and wondered how bad we are that we finished behind them in the league.

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

You're probably right and I'm probably wrong, going by the semi final I watched them win; I thought they were extremely poor in that match, and wondered how bad we are that we finished behind them in the league.

It's a damming indictment of how we've been that we finished behind them; can say the same about us losing the cup final to the Hibs team the sheep played too. 

Just now, Aubie92 said:

It's a damming indictment of how we've been that we finished behind them; can say the same about us losing the cup final to the Hibs team the sheep played too. 

What was interesting was how individual their team went after they lost a goal; I didn't see McInnes doing much about that, and they could easily have lost it. I don't watch much football here that we aren't involved in, but they were as poor as most teams I have seen us up against this season. 

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

What was interesting was how individual their team went after they lost a goal; I didn't see McInnes doing much about that, and they could easily have lost it. I don't watch much football here that we aren't involved in, but they were as poor as most teams I have seen us up against this season. 

You could see that in the games we've played against them. The 3-0; once they started to doubt they'd get one past Foderingham, we began to get into the game as McInnes is bereft of ideas to change the game when things aren't working. The game we lost 2-1 was similar; we had chances to win it - sadly a few fell to Waghorn - and McInnes had nothing. The goal from Maddison was a cracker, but it papered over more cracks for him. 

Pedro is right about Aberdeen; they're losing key players, for nothing, this summer and are going to have to rebuild too. That's before anyone is sold. McInnes is just throwing a wobbly because he envisioned himself being the one signing Jack for Rangers, and knows he can't replace what he's losing for next season. 

Just now, Aubie92 said:

You could see that in the games we've played against them. The 3-0; once they started to doubt they'd get one past Foderingham, we began to get into the game as McInnes is bereft of ideas to change the game when things aren't working. The game we lost 2-1 was similar; we had chances to win it - sadly a few fell to Waghorn - and McInnes had nothing. The goal from Maddison was a cracker, but it papered over more cracks for him. 

Pedro is right about Aberdeen; they're losing key players, for nothing, this summer and are going to have to rebuild too. That's before anyone is sold. McInnes is just throwing a wobbly because he envisioned himself being the one signing Jack for Rangers, and knows he can't replace what he's losing for next season. 

I never felt he had the presence to the Rangers manager, and that Hampden match I watched, albeit on tv, proved to me that he wouldn't be much good to us in terms of making a difference on the coaching front. It's a real pity about that match we lost to them, because we did have our chances. 

It's false news.    Made up by the Aberdeen manager with the aim of stirring up.  

Perhaps a lesser known English 1st or 2nd div club fancy taking him on as their manager.......and he can disappear into even more pointless obscurity than he finds at Aberdeen but at least be paid more for it.    If he were good enough to be Rangers' manager then he'd be the Rangers manager.  But he wasn't good enough was he.     He's another one of the Scottish old guard, the old establishment, the former Rangers players who are taking it in turns to have their swipe at the appointment of Pedro......just 'cause they don't agree with it and are given a platform by the media to spout their dissenting views.

3 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

It's false news.    Made up by the Aberdeen manager with the aim of stirring up.  

Perhaps a lesser known English 1st or 2nd div club fancy taking him on as their manager.......and he can disappear into even more pointless obscurity than he finds at Aberdeen but at least be paid more for it.    If he were good enough to be Rangers' manager then he'd be the Rangers manager.  But he wasn't good enough was he.     He's another one of the Scottish old guard, the old establishment, the former Rangers players who are taking it in turns to have their swipe at the appointment of Pedro......just 'cause they don't agree with it and are given a platform by the media to spout their dissenting views.

Getting Bristol City relegated has probably burnt most of his boats south of the border. 

He's good enough for a mediocre shower of shite like Aberdeen. They've finished consistently in the top 3 since he was appointed and they won the league cup (against Inverness on penalties, which they held a bus parade for :mutley:).

Can't believe so many wanted him to take us over. The countless times they've bottled it when they've gotten close to the tarriers, particularly last season, alone shows he hasn't got what it takes. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

McInnes is right from what I've read of snippets - Pedros job is to finish above Celtic no Aberdeen. 

Pedros a big mouth and a bit of a weirdo imo he talks too much about other clubs if another manager of another team spoke about us like that we'd have something to say. 

Ill expect the incoming .. give me it if you must 

Everything he says is correct, "embarrassed" is mibbee a bit strong, we haven't had stability or a settled squad thats been together for a few seasons like the sheep. I'm annoyed we finished below them because its partly a self inflicted injury, we've finished 3rd not because of his team but because we've been shite against even lesser teams than them. But in the context of where we've come from and the underlying problems we have combined with a change of manager, injuries ect, I wouldnt say I'm embarrassed and neither the fuck should he

But in the context of having a pop at our manager, who rattled his gums about them he's a fucking hypocrite for saying anything and had rather a lot to say.

So in a press conference about Aberdeen our manager is not allowed to talk about Aberdeen. When our manager is asked a question about a player who is out of contract, he is not allowed to give his views. Totally absurd.

The media are embarrassments. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

No I was wrong I didn't realise that Warburtons last game was the 1-1 against County that put us to third I thought that was Murtys first game and Murty imo wasn't great but aye he probably was our best manager this season and that's saying something 

Someone posted a mock up of the league table since Pedro took over.  Rangers and Celtic would be level on points (albeit they have a game in hand) and we've done a lot better than Aberdeen.  Pedro has improved us and the stats prove it.  I think he's been better than Murty.

The only argument that can be made for Murty is a draw against Celtic.  

1 hour ago, Captain Hilts said:

All these people saying they agree with the manager of the sheep shaggers - what exactly has Pedro said that was wrong?

First of all, he was speaking about Aberdeen because he was asked about them in his press conference. It's not like he talks about them off his own back on social media or the likes. 

As for the "reaching the end of their cycle" thing. Yes it was a pretty damming assessment of their team, but again, he was asked his opinion of their players. And this is quite a general opinion of the current Aberdeen side in any case. You can bet if Lord Brendan had came out with the same comments it would've been viewed as a genius bit of analysis. 

And lastly - it's fucking Aberdeen. The club and their fans exist to hate Rangers. Get a grip of yourselves. Fuck them. 

Well said mate.

I can agree with some of what he said but he really overplayed it. The tranny guy with the teeth slated their style of play when they played them and McInnes commented, but he didn't embellish the reply to him as much as he has here. Why not? Probably because we're deemed 'fair game' as we don't respond to any criticism.

We've had two recent managers from outside Scotland who have shown respect to the so-called journalists and all concerned, yet they've received in return, lies, spin and loaded questions. It makes you wonder what the people outwith Scotland make of all of this selective media stuff and how we treat people.

We don't have sports journalists any more in Scotland. They're just gossip columnists.

Now that McInnes has a beard, he thinks he is to be taken really seriously and has gravitas. Considering the disasters with signings, managers, caretaker managers, Barton, Kranjcar etc, I don't see why he can say we should be embarassed?  Our Managers job is to finish above Aberdeen every season too. Many great Rangers managers finished below tims in many seasons and didn't lose their job?

Is Derek saying that we were a stonewall to get second in first season up? I don't think most in football believed that. He is really bumming up his own sheep teams second place. More or less saying: "we have embarrased Rangers, look how good we are".  It is a projection of how he feels, rather than how we should feel.