Former Scotland midfielder Peter Grant has been named Scotland U21 assistant manager, the Scottish FA has announced.

Grant, who played for Celtic, Norwich City, Reading and Bournemouth, will join up with the U21 side for their upcoming Toulon Tournament and the 2019 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualifying matches.

He won two caps for his country as a player.

Speaking after the announcement, Grant said: "I was lucky enough to play for Scotland at youth level and for the senior squad and loved every minute of it so it is a great honour to be asked to help nurture the next generation of international players.

"I am looking forward to meeting up with Scot and the rest of the team later this month as we prepare for the Toulon Tournament."

Scotland U21 manager Scot Gemmill said he is looking forward to having Grant's experience in the dressing room.

He said: "Peter is a highly respected coach and will provide us with great experience ahead of an exciting and challenging period for our young players.

"I am looking forward to working with him in the coming months."

Gemmill will announce his squad for the Toulon Tournament on Wednesday afternoon.

SFA in appointing taig shocker 

They just don't try to hide it now 

While our club couldn't give 2 monkeys fuck 

In saying that ,I don't care about this corrupt set up 

Our club should though as the nepotism is now rancid at the top of Scotland game 

A fucking disgrace nowadays 

On 16/05/2017 at 4:32 PM, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Former Scotland midfielder Peter Grant has been named Scotland U21 assistant manager, the Scottish FA has announced.

Grant, who played for Celtic, Norwich City, Reading and Bournemouth, will join up with the U21 side for their upcoming Toulon Tournament and the 2019 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualifying matches.

He won two caps for his country as a player.

Speaking after the announcement, Grant said: "I was lucky enough to play for Scotland at youth level and for the senior squad and loved every minute of it so it is a great honour to be asked to help nurture the next generation of international players.

"I am looking forward to meeting up with Scot and the rest of the team later this month as we prepare for the Toulon Tournament."

Scotland U21 manager Scot Gemmill said he is looking forward to having Grant's experience in the dressing room.

He said: "Peter is a highly respected coach and will provide us with great experience ahead of an exciting and challenging period for our young players.

"I am looking forward to working with him in the coming months."

Gemmill will announce his squad for the Toulon Tournament on Wednesday afternoon.

SFA in appointing taig shocker 

And guess what team Gemmil supports 

We shouldn't be surprised. 

However I'm quite glad in a way. The more reasons I have to hate the national team the more I enjoy their woes.

I will never support them again. No matter what happens I will never forget the last few years.

Personal leanings aside, its an uninspiring appointment. He's been a failure wherever he has gone as a manager or a coach, which is no surprise considering he spent the vast majority of his playing career winning absolutely nothing.