Take a bow Clint Hill ?/Clint Hill Appreciation Thread

***Official Clint Hill Appreciation Thread***

Following his perfermance against Hearts at the weekend, he finds himself in the SPFL team of the week!

And also, since it's his 2nd last game and his last game at Ibrox. Thought I'd also make this thread into an appreciation thread for the man given his performance for us. He's been a great player and by far our best defender this season. Hill joined us from Queens Park Rangers on June the 17th 2016. He would make a debut for us at Ibrox in a league cup match against Annan Athletic. By joining us, he broke a 21 year old record held by Billy Thomson who was 37 years and 50 days old when he signed with us. Clint Hill beat this by 224 days. 

He got goal glory wearing the famous strip against Peterhead in a league cup tie at home, he would then get his first league goal against Ross County securing us a point. By scoring this goal, Hill broke another record! This time for being the oldest goal scorer in the Scottish Premiership, beating Lee Bullen of Falkirk in 2009. 

However it was not all roses for Hill as he did see a red card during a league match against Aberdeen, where he picked up a second yellow card in injury time. Reduces the queens 11 to the queens 10. Due to his success here, he was linked with Queens Park Rangers who wanted him back, with a pre-contract rumored to have been agreed upon.

However, Clint Hills biggest moment wearing the famous crest is simply without equal, this is of course scoring a late equaliser against our old rivals: Celtic. We were in enemy territory, a goal down going into the 87th minute, a free kick bounced off the wall only to be picked up by James Tavernier, Tavernier making a gallant run, beating 3 celtic players on the way before linking up with Emerson Hyndman in the box. Hyndman spun around and kicked the ball with intent! Sadly, Celtic keeper Craig Gordon thwarted Hyndman with his left hand. However Clint Hill was there and he pounced on the ball that escaped Gordons grasp and he rifled the ball in the back of the net! The bears went wild in celebration! Sheer exuberance! 

Clint Hill was recently confirmed to not be given an extension to his contract and as he moves onto another team wherever it may be. I wish him all the best and thank him greatly for the services he gave to this club. Best of a bad bunch maybe, but he certainly knew what it meant to be a Ranger.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An average player in a very average team.

I don't know how half our support would survive if they had this website and social media in the days of the 9 in a row team and early Advocaat team the way Hill is praised as a messiah.

Don't get it myself

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, hammer time said:

personally thought Bates played better than him on Saturday against Hearts

So did I but I think Hill had a lot to do with that

7 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

An average player in a very average team.

I don't know how half our support would survive if they had this website and social media in the days of the 9 in a row team and early Advocaat team the way Hill is praised as a messiah.

Don't get it myself

Came in to say basically the same.

Nothing against Clint as he seems a good guy but he's fucking average and half our support are bloody cringy 

I like him, nice guy that has heart and plays for the jersey. 

Got roasted against Burnley, but completely turned it around. 

He's no Gough or Amo, but I'm glad he played for us. Wish him nothing but the best, and he's always welcome back at Ibrox.