"Announcement on transfers towards end of this week"

Guest Lloyd72

Guest Lloyd72

by Alice Hedworth

PEDRO Caixinha says every Rangers player will know whether their future lies at Ibrox next season by Friday.

The manager is holding one to one talks with his squad to let them know if he wants them to be part of his first full campaign as Gers boss.

The Light Blues team will leave for their summer break after the conclusion of this Sunday’s game at McDiarmid Park and Caixinha is hoping his two star men of late shine again this week against Aberdeen and then St Johnstone.

He told RangersTV: “Football is always about the moment and I believe Barrie McKay is passing through a very good moment, he has scored in the last two matches and so has Joe Garner.

“Joe scored almost the same goal in both games and Barrie’s were different but also very important. We want them both to extend that good moment they’re having with the team for the final two matches.

“We are assessing all of the players, we want the players to be committed, we want the players to give and express the good characteristics they have and those two (McKay and Garner) are doing it.

“They are two players who we can maybe count on from now and count on in the future if they keep doing this on a regular basis.

“The majority of the players already know if they are part of our plans for next season or not and Barrie is also included in that list of players. I will conclude that process during this week.

“Things are progressing all of the time [with transfer targets] and we are moving in the direction we intend.

“We hope to have some sort of news, if not by the end of this week, at least by the start of the next.

“The chairman knows everything that we are doing and is also helping us in that direction as well.”

While Caixinha’s main focus remains on his first-team’s progress next season he admits he has one eye on the academy, a resource he has already had to call upon in his short Gers tenure.

The Under 20 squad will play their games away from the SPFL Development League as the club starts a new initiative to test the youth players against Europe’s best and the manager is on board with the plans.

The Portuguese continued: “Craig Mulholland is a very clever person and he knows very well what he wants for the club.

“I know everything that is going on and I agree with it because I really believe that needs to be the way.

“There needs to be as much level of competition at this stage in their careers because then you will gain more in the future.

“These players need to face demanding scenarios here in Scotland or also at an international level so the club is preparing the youth players.”

Wonder who it'll be.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, G.E.C. said:

Kiernan, Hill, Waghorn, Senderos, Kranjcar, Forrester to leave imo 

Halliday and O'halloran also

His emphasis on the Academy concerns me a little, in terms of players coming in. There is nothing to suggest he will be given a big enough budget, and that will be very disappointing if it is indeed the case. It sound's to me we will be told to look to the future blah blah. We need a team of winners now, and I hope those running the club appreciate that. if we don't compete for the title next season I can't see this manager lasting long in the job.

1 minute ago, RFC RYAN said:

Will be Ryan Jack 100% Aberdeen have told him to recover from his injury at home Aberdeen taking the huff. 

Must be shit being a wee club couldn't imagine our captain leaving to join our only real rivals poor sheep

14 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

His emphasis on the Academy concerns me a little, in terms of players coming in. There is nothing to suggest he will be given a big enough budget, and that will be very disappointing if it is indeed the case. It sound's to me we will be told to look to the future blah blah. We need a team of winners now, and I hope those running the club appreciate that. if we don't compete for the title next season I can't see this manager lasting long in the job.

Never mind the manager lasting long the fucking board won't tight arse bastards 

26 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

We won't get near them next season. It will be another 20 points as they won't lose more than 1 or 2 games. We are a couple of seasons away no matter who is managing us.

Wes, Alnwick, Tav, Wilson, Wallace, Holt (sadly), Kranjcar, Rossiter, McKay, Miller, Garner, Dodoo

I reckon they'll be kept on. Every single one of them except the keepers needs improved on this summer though if we're even going to get single digits close to Celtic next year. 

Hopefully he gets the names not mentioned above all the way to fuck. 

Pedro bigging up McKay there and yet I recall saying to my son as we watched the game on Saturday "you would think that McKay would be trying to at least make an effort if he wants to stay for next year" I desperately want Pedro to succeed but I'm also really concerned if he genuinely thinks that McKay played well in that game.

2 hours ago, JamesRFC__ said:

Wes, Alnwick, Tav, Wilson, Wallace, Holt (sadly), Kranjcar, Rossiter, McKay, Miller, Garner, Dodoo

I reckon they'll be kept on. Every single one of them except the keepers needs improved on this summer though if we're even going to get single digits close to Celtic next year. 

Hopefully he gets the names not mentioned above all the way to fuck. 

agree this lot will stay. add alves, jack, nemeth, weiss, dorrans... still need another cb two mids and a striker with real pace...