Transfer activity summer 98/99

6 hours ago, Aubie92 said:

To top it off, after barely getting a game with us, Christiansen went back to Denmark where he won Keeper of The Year a few times and was generally a solid keeper. Wouldn't have guessed that from his bomb scars performances with us. 

The guy actually started off as a striker in Danish football and played in goals for a laugh one day.

And we threw him into the Champions League after making his debut when we got pumped 0-3 at home by Killie (the game that lost Lorenzo the armband, if I am not mistaken). I mean, if only we had a World Cup medal-winning keeper in the reserves...

Step forward, Mr Lionel Charbonnier (or rather sit back doon).

It probably would have been a wise move to keep Niemi around the place.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

The guy actually started off as a striker in Danish football and played in goals for a laugh one day.

And we threw him into the Champions League after making his debut when we got pumped 0-3 at home by Killie (the game that lost Lorenzo the armband, if I am not mistaken). I mean, if only we had a World Cup medal-winning keeper in the reserves...

Step forward, Mr Lionel Charbonnier (or rather sit back doon).

It probably would have been a wise move to keep Niemi around the place.

The Advocaat era featured a lot of bizarre decisions, to put it lightly.

Someone I knew met Jesper when working in Denmark. Guy spoke positively about the fans and the club in general, but said in hindsight he wasn't ready for the move and Advocaat didn't really speak to him much upon signing him.