Josh Windass

Just now, mearns loyal said:

Agreed that age is not always a factor but at 23 you're no longer a promising youth...

Of course, I agree, and if he didn't develop next season, with or without better players then he should be moved on. I think he has some potential, but we'll need to see a great deal of improvement.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Age is not the only determinate factor as to how good a player will be. Josh played lower league English football, by all accounts he was highly rated there. I am suggesting that he may do better with better players around him.

I agree with you.  We have to have a team structure that allows players such as Windass to make the best of their particular skills.  At present, our team is totally unbalanced, quite honestly a shambles.  If we get new solid dependable CBs and centre midfield in, it will go a long way to improving the balance of our team.

The other huge thing that very few fans seem to factor in is player confidence.  After the season we have had, the confidence level of all our players including Windass must be at rock bottom.  Get the team winning regularly again, get some confidence back in the team and its often surprising the transformation it makes in players (Alan Hutton comes to mind).

5 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

I agree with you.  We have to have a team structure that allows players such as Windass to make the best of their particular skills.  At present, our team is totally unbalanced, quite honestly a shambles.  If we get new solid dependable CBs and centre midfield in, it will go a long way to improving the balance of our team.

The other huge thing that very few fans seem to factor in is player confidence.  After the season we have had, the confidence level of all our players including Windass must be at rock bottom.  Get the team winning regularly again, get some confidence back in the team and its often surprising the transformation it makes in players (Alan Hutton comes to mind).

Great post, and a good example of Alan Hutton. The balance of the team is not good, and we don't have many leaders at all either. If a player's head goes down there isn't really anyone there to lift it. It's funny when you hear the 9-In a row team, in interviews etc, and even those with the strongest character say how McCoist and Durrant lifted them off the floor at times. If they needed it, then I imagine a fair few or younger players need it, especially in a season like this. Hopefully we get a few leaders in, with good ability more importantly.

I think there's a player there, but he's been utterly abysmal.

He looked decent today, but over the course of the season, he's offered absolutely nothing. I honestly can't recall a single input since he smoked that Hamilton defender on the opening day, then he fucked it.

He won't move on; he's young and has time on his contract.

27 minutes ago, theweebluenose said:

I'd ship him out on loan next season and hopefully we see an improvement, can't risk having him as a starter next season on what I've seen so far. Would do the same with Dodoo as well. 

I'd sell Dodoo if we can get anyone to take him. He's never making it here in a million years.

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I'd sell Dodoo if we can get anyone to take him. He's never making it here in a million years.

I'm doubtful he will make it also along with Windass but it may be worth seeing how either do with a regular run of games. If they do well enough but are still not deemed good enough on returning it may be easier to shift them. I'm right in saying both have got two years left?

5 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Watching the Bradford Millwall play off final yesterday and the lack of quality from both teams in the final third reminded of watching Windass and made me think that League one in England really is about his level.

Interestingly, any clue Bradford had evaporated when Nicky Law went off, I thought.

He must've learned something up here!

Guest Lloyd72
8 minutes ago, wilberforce1 said:

Are you sure that sentence is not taken from your annual appraisal?

Thought I had heard it somewhere before.