Most humiliating season in our history

G.E.C.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only thing I can say is that it's good that we are feeling humiliated because that shows we are still maintaining our previous standards. What would be worse was if we felt that this season was ok and is a work in progress which you can be damn sure Warburton would have been spouting right now.

We will get back to the top but it will take time unless someone is going to invest in the club but the Scottish game is dead in the water so it's not going to happen. It's through hard work, blood, sweat and tears that we'll have to claw back next year.

Just now, don logan said:

Think this is bad @G.E.C.? Lucky you never had to endure the Greig years. 

A lot of people my age aren't used to it tbh. I grew up under Advocaat, seen McLeish win a treble and then Walters second spell. Been downhill since the League 1 season.

In the context of the leagues Hearts were better in the Championship than the papes are now.

We got to the playoff final and got cuffed - I awaited the next season optimisticly.

This season; we came third behind a good Celt*c team and an average Aberdeen team. Next season? Fuck knows.

I don't want to wank over the sheep BEE but I wouldn't say they are average. They were miles ahead of us tonight and have a more settled established side. The  fact a left back ran the show tonight shows how far we are.

1 hour ago, SuperPapac05 said:

2-0 up to Alloa with ten mins to go only to lose 3-0 and FAIL to gain promotion to the Premiership say HI!!!:hiboys:

To be 2-0 up and then lose 3-0 is really quite impressive to be fair.

Choosing between this and the first championship season is horrific . Both utter horrific . Do remember comforting myself after being pumped 4-0 at Easter road that this is as low as it can get following rangers . How wrong I was , countless times . 

2 hours ago, steven33jackie said:

No way, coming third in the Championship with a budget that dwarfed the opposition that was humiliation. This is a wake up call and some more home truths for players who are simply not good enough.

Spot on.

I wanted to post a thread just now but really can't be fucked moaning anymore. Like everyone else leaving tonight I was just glad this shite is over for the season, the worry is how much better it'll be next.

Good players must be brought in, we'll know fairly soon if next year is going to be tough.

1 hour ago, don logan said:

Think this is bad @G.E.C.? Lucky you never had to endure the Greig years. 

We won cups back then though. We had some bloody good players: Cooper, Redford, Prytz, Russell, Bett etc. We also didn't get outclassed by the taigs in every game. We also got to the European cup quarters. I'd take one of Greigs teams over this lot every time.

We went from around 1966 - 1971 winning the sum total of fuck all, that's why for me personally that DJ goal to win the LC was massive.  they won niar during that period and the club that died won the European cup in 67.  That was humiliating, but you know what - as fans we never gave up, then again there was no internet.  Nope we just turned up week in, week out regardless and knew it would turn around.  Within a year of DJ scoring that goal we were EWCW champions.  Hard as it might be we need to keep the faith.

Auld Cunts Loyal 

11 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

We went from around 1966 - 1971 winning the sum total of fuck all, that's why for me personally that DJ goal to win the LC was massive.  they won niar during that period and the club that died won the European cup in 67.  That was humiliating, but you know what - as fans we never gave up, then again there was no internet.  Nope we just turned up week in, week out regardless and knew it would turn around.  Within a year of DJ scoring that goal we were EWCW champions.  Hard as it might be we need to keep the faith.

Auld Cunts Loyal 

And there were no bastards like Dingwall, Graham, Houston and the Marshalls setting themselves up as uber fans and raping money from the support.

Scumbags like them would have been given a good kicking and that would have been the end of it.

38 minutes ago, The Beast said:

And there were no bastards like Dingwall, Graham, Houston and the Marshalls setting themselves up as uber fans and raping money from the support.

Scumbags like them would have been given a good kicking and that would have been the end of it.

yep that's true -- used to know many of the guys who went to the away games, no hangers-on just Bears who when push came to shove would (and did) back each other up. Folk like John Lawrence weren't perfect either but sure as shit were better than the board we have now.

7 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

I thought losing in the playoffs two years was bad enough but this takes the biscuit to be honest.

And it's mental to think we still reached the Europa League. Making up the numbers for the preliminary rounds sadly.

King would probably take 4 blitzings by the scum to get the Europa league money so he can trouser it 

4 hours ago, Badger said:

In the 80s the likes of Aberdeen and Dundee Utd were genuine European forces...... a completely different era that had 3-4 genuinely good teams in the league.

This season has been awful but the McCoist years were worse..... 

It's surely getting close .At least then ,we believed only way was up 

What can anybear truly say about the way  is going forward 

As long as King and Murray are there .We are truly fucked Imo 

5 hours ago, The Beast said:

We won cups back then though. We had some bloody good players: Cooper, Redford, Prytz, Russell, Bett etc. We also didn't get outclassed by the taigs in every game. We also got to the European cup quarters. I'd take one of Greigs teams over this lot every time.

In his first season - with Wallaces treble team he got to the EC quarter. I was a very young and it was about 40 years ago but I don't recall us ever beating Celtic. Regularly beaten home and away by Aberdeen and the league over by Christmas. Attendances were dire too. It was dire.

34 minutes ago, don logan said:

In his first season - with Wallaces treble team he got to the EC quarter. I was a very young and it was about 40 years ago but I don't recall us ever beating Celtic. Regularly beaten home and away by Aberdeen and the league over by Christmas. Attendances were dire too. It was dire.

We beat them at Ibrox a few times , and , though our away record was shit , we certainly competed with them .

Back then we were pretty grim though , and often out the league race by Christmas , though we did have a good record of getting to cup finals , winning a few if them .