Most humiliating season in our history

G.E.C.

The last six years has been so disheartening for an old old bear like me but I can remember well a season in the late 50s when we lost to Hibs in the Scottish cup, lost the league to Hearts and got smashed by the tims 7-1 in the League cup Final and I thought we had a reasonable team then.  We came back from that and we will come back from the mess we are in now and hopefully I will still be around to savour it.....

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

I thought losing in the playoffs two years was bad enough but this takes the biscuit to be honest.

And it's mental to think we still reached the Europa League. Making up the numbers for the preliminary rounds sadly.

Disagree, not being able to get out of the 2nd tier of Scottish Football will always be the most humiliating Season for me, the second tier of this cesspit and we couldn't do it over a 36 week season, horrific.

1 hour ago, NixonRFC said:

Disagree, not being able to get out of the 2nd tier of Scottish Football will always be the most humiliating Season for me, the second tier of this cesspit and we couldn't do it over a 36 week season, horrific.

this, the fact we didnt even finish runners up in the 2nd tier of one of the worst leagues in europe was disgusting

22 hours ago, steven33jackie said:

No way, coming third in the Championship with a budget that dwarfed the opposition that was humiliation. This is a wake up call and some more home truths for players who are simply not good enough.

Anyone that thinks this season is acceptable or anything other than complete embarrassment , haven't been supporting Rangers fc for long .

It has been one complete fuck up from Joey barton baiting shrek ,through to tankings from the scum

The whole record against the scum and finding ourselves a disgraceful amount of points behind, a shitey Sheep team .

This board and selling every one of us down the river .. Until they get to fuck away from my club along with JT . We will be getting the same treatment from the cunts in Glasgow's media without as much as a whimper

As for the playing squad . It will be bargain basement and we will have to hope for a miracle .Either that ,or we will be back here ,same time next season moaning about another pitiful season of failure and humiliation

This has been one of the poorest season for me we have a board with no direction and no money so we will be making up numbers in this league rather than competing season on season.

It's hard to see a way forward that doesnt require a bucket load of cash to be spent.

Has everyone forgotten about getting bapped out the top league and going into the third division with all the headlines about ebts and how we cheated for years etc, that's most definitely the most humiliation we'll ever see, every cunt taking easy potshots at us

15 minutes ago, Smile said:

This has been one of the poorest season for me we have a board with no direction and no money so we will be making up numbers in this league rather than competing season on season.

It's hard to see a way forward that doesnt require a bucket load of cash to be spent.

Four or five players could change this whole squad. One commanding centre-half; two central midfielders, and a striker. If I was to add another it would be a right back. If those players were internationals and had already played at the highest level then it would affect the whole squad. I would like to see what effect that would have on some of our existing playing staff.

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Four or five players could change this whole squad. One commanding centre-half; two central midfielders, and a striker. If I was to add another it would be a right back. If those players were internationals and had already played at the highest level then it would affect the whole squad. I would like to see what effect that would have on some of our existing playing staff.

Well, under normal circumstances it should have a positive effect, but these just aren't normal times.

I think we will get better, but we will hit a glass ceiling and make little if any impression on the scum.

23 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

I thought losing in the playoffs two years was bad enough but this takes the biscuit to be honest.

And it's mental to think we still reached the Europa League. Making up the numbers for the preliminary rounds sadly.

Sorry but thats a bit hyperbolic. Not great. Fekin awful. But humiliation is... just naw!

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Well, under normal circumstances it should have a positive effect, but these just aren't normal times.

I think we will get better, but we will hit a glass ceiling and make little if any impression on the scum.

We need to replace the kind of players we lost before we went down. I hope that is the priority now.

The scum are smashing teams by 3 and 4 goals. With their manager staying we will be another 20 points behind next season absolutely no question. Even if they lose a few games, there is no way a new squad will win e.g. 28-30 games from 38. We will maybe come 2nd but again miles behind.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

Anyone that thinks this season is acceptable or anything other than complete embarrassment , haven't been supporting Rangers fc for long .

It has been one complete fuck up from Joey barton baiting shrek ,through to tankings from the scum

The whole record against the scum and finding ourselves a disgraceful amount of points behind, a shitey Sheep team .

This board and selling every one of us down the river .. Until they get to fuck away from my club along with JT . We will be getting the same treatment from the cunts in Glasgow's media without as much as a whimper

As for the playing squad . It will be bargain basement and we will have to hope for a miracle .Either that ,or we will be back here ,same time next season moaning about another pitiful season of failure and humiliation

So trying to follow your logic, coming third in the Championship with a player budget of about 5 million was more acceptable to coming third in the Premiership !! The original quote was that this is the most embarrassing season ever, for me it is not. As for supporting the team a long time my don't quite get the relevance but anyway my first game was 1983 Cup Winners Cup V FC Porto think we finished fourth that season.

As for the board and going forward, they are by no means perfect but surely they are an improvement on the last board, yes I agree we do need something unexpected to happen perhaps even a miracle but if that doesn't happen what can we do other than support the team.

On 17 May 2017 at 9:46 PM, j1mgg said:

I have to disagree, not making it back to the top division at first attempt was. Some bears may also refer older stuff.

To me this was sickening, and I've seen some shit, especially as the reasons for it are not reaching fruition for the perpetrators ! You know who you are parasites ! image.gif.e47f3c31064e903ff687689abee25a7b.gif

15 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

100% the most embarrassing.

This nightmare started with Barton calling-out Brown which backfired and fucking Senderos jumping on the #goingfor55 campaign; we did a card display for that in the Govan stand on the opening day, then proceeded to be dominated by Hamilton. We lost 5-1 to the Tims in a performance they turned into a DVD, then conceded a last minute winner against them at Hampden to hand them a place in the League Cup final and their first trophy. Barton, our marquee signing, spent spent two months suspended while the club said fuck all. Out of nowhere, the club announced that Warburton had resigned, which he denied; a complete car crash and laughing stock. The following week, having "resigned", the club are still playing his face and voice on the Follow With Pride campaign on the big screen. Amatuer. As if the 5-1 game at Parkhead wasn't enough, they did the exact fucking same at Ibrox. Utter humiliation. Our most expensive signing in five years, Joe Garner, is having his song - cringeworthy in the first place as he's abysmal - chanted by opposing fans at Ibrox because he's that bad, yet we have a large portion of the support who actually rate him. Our new manager brings us nothing; absolutely fucking nothing. His press conferences are painful and his tactics are a shambles.

We are facing finishing this season 40+ points behind them.

The Motherwell Play-Off final season was embarrassing at the time, but this season has been relentless, consistent and regular humiliation, from the very start until the very end.

I genuinely don't enjoy going to Ibrox any more.

That makes for grim reading.

3 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

If I may, I'd like to add to this.
There are a lot of current issues, the stadium in need of dire refurbs, the scouting network needing rebuilt and a huge squad make over to name but a few. But these are doable, and although slowly, it will happen.

But I agree, our most embarrassing season as a club in my life, was not promoting back to SPL. Even one off bad results against the likes of Stenhousemuir and Stranrar I could forgive, couldn't give a flying. All I was ever interested in was promoting. I didn't care how we done it, I just wanted it.

And we failed miserably. To Motherwell? Come on tae.

Yea, this season has been more of a let down than I expected, I figured from the end of our Championship season, given our lack luster performances that those players were never good enough to win a league title. I looked forward to strengthening the team but it never happened. I didn't think we would end up so far off from Celtic though to be fair.
But the main thing was, we had people in the boardroom who weren't syphoning money out of the club and taking ownership of serious assets and holding them to ransom. For the most part, that's out of the club. Minus the huge merch deal.

Aye the board have been a bit shite, and have taken 2 gambles at management so far, not said a word about a DoF and seemingly don't want to get the finger out, I know that if they find Pedro has the capability to get us forward, they will back him to the hilt.

For 4 years I heard nothing but awful stories about the board and Rangers, and I'm so glad to see the back of it. Yea the media still have their digs at us, but we aren't riddled with snakes like we were and we know that a lot of the playing staff will be off in the summer, so we can look forward to next season.

Or at least I am.

7 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

It made for grim writing and I didn't include losing our 26 years unbeaten record at home to Aberdeen.

It really has been an absolute horror show right from the very start. As you said,relentless. I've never been as glad to see the back of Ibrox at the end of a season than i was last night.

16 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

100% the most embarrassing.

This nightmare started with Barton calling-out Brown which backfired and fucking Senderos jumping on the #goingfor55 campaign; we did a card display for that in the Govan stand on the opening day, then proceeded to be dominated by Hamilton. We lost 5-1 to the Tims in a performance they turned into a DVD, then conceded a last minute winner against them at Hampden to hand them a place in the League Cup final and their first trophy. Barton, our marquee signing, spent spent two months suspended while the club said fuck all. Out of nowhere, the club announced that Warburton had resigned, which he denied; a complete car crash and laughing stock. The following week, having "resigned", the club are still playing his face and voice on the Follow With Pride campaign on the big screen. Amatuer. As if the 5-1 game at Parkhead wasn't enough, they did the exact fucking same at Ibrox. Utter humiliation. Our most expensive signing in five years, Joe Garner, is having his song - cringeworthy in the first place as he's abysmal - chanted by opposing fans at Ibrox because he's that bad, yet we have a large portion of the support who actually rate him. Our new manager brings us nothing; absolutely fucking nothing. His press conferences are painful and his tactics are a shambles.

We are facing finishing this season 40+ points behind them.

The Motherwell Play-Off final season was embarrassing at the time, but this season has been relentless, consistent and regular humiliation, from the very start until the very end.

I genuinely don't enjoy going to Ibrox any more.

Jesus Christ that is grim. 

Its been a rough few years to put it mildly. 

Since 2012 we've stumbled from one humiliation to another.  Anything previous to that at least had light at the end of the tunnel

Where do we go from here?  Without serious investment then i can see this becoming the norm.

9 hours ago, the_r_sole said:

Has everyone forgotten about getting bapped out the top league and going into the third division with all the headlines about ebts and how we cheated for years etc, that's most definitely the most humiliation we'll ever see, every cunt taking easy potshots at us

That was just fraud and corruption  . I don't think any bears were feeling humiliated mate on that front .

Frightened what our future was, until it all started unravelling and we then realised it was just corruption ,our enemies were all enjoying themselves at our expense .

What other  top club in the world would have been put to the bottom division? .

Man Utd ?? Real Madrid ,Barcelona ? Ajax ?

No it was simple corruption benefitting one club and 1 club only,but all the others never realised that or just out of self interest for that period went along with it  .

At no point did I ever feel humiliated ,even on the park . We knew we had to start afresh and we started to fuck it up early days with Ally .

As bad as it was with Mccoist . All the results were forgotten as we realised how bad, the state of the club was in .Painful ,very painful but never humiliated

What is our excuse under there bastards that control our club now? . None

They a  shower of bastards for getting control and not being able to take on our enemies after these last 5 years

Finding no investment ,false promises , bullshit after bullshit .The MW scenario and now pedro .The pitiful  signings we have made .

The results on the park against our bitter rivals and the way we have played .

I honestly feel humiliated at the games against the scum and the sheep at our stadium recently .

After all this time .The supposed money we have raked in through season tickets . The many signings that cunt MW made .

We had boys on that park competing against higher quality than we had to offer. The boys may be learning but they were found well short the other night .

How and after all  this time, we were left with the dross we could only field to keep one of our proudest records intact was beyond me .

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 9:49 PM, Spiderpig said:

eh ? Mcleish finished third with a team that cost millions....ignoring the whole demotion debacle...

Nowhere near as bad imo. Hearts had built a decent squad that year with some decent players. We reached the last 16 of the champions league, first scottish team to do so and were one Boyd sitter away from the quarters. A crap season domestically but I wouldn't say humiliating.