We should have left Murty in charge

GOAT

8 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It's hard to see what he brings to this club; was his experience before he came good enough? He also makes the mistake of being too candid with the media. All in all this appointment has all the makings of being a big mistake.

I'm beginning to wonder if there is very much to him other than talk.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, the_r_sole said:

Fucksake, a late snatched 1-1 draw against them is enough to get you the job for the rest of the season and we'll just ignore the fucking awful results against the worst teams in the league with many more first team players available??

Absolute nonsense. Murty got a freak result against them, he didn't have these shitebags playing any better at all and there was zero to suggest anything would have improved under him.

We could have the best tactician to ever grace the sport in charge but it wouldn't stop individual errors costing us goals/games or give us any more first team players available...

You're completely missing the point. Is Caixinha better as manager than Murty was as caretaker? That is up for debate if you think he is.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

You're completely missing the point. Is Caixinha better as manager than Murty was as caretaker? That is up for debate if you think he is.

Who knows, they had different players available and different roles, murty just had to tick over and not loose too many games, caixinha has had to put the players under real pressure to try and test them to see how they will fit in going forward. They have for the most part failed any test they've been given. 

Although we've had some woeful, embarrassing performances under murty and Pedro, it could be a good use of Pedro's time.to realise just how poor the squad is and hopefully address that in the close season...

1 minute ago, the_r_sole said:

Who knows, they had different players available and different roles, murty just had to tick over and not loose too many games, caixinha has had to put the players under real pressure to try and test them to see how they will fit in going forward. They have for the most part failed any test they've been given. 

Although we've had some woeful, embarrassing performances under murty and Pedro, it could be a good use of Pedro's time.to realise just how poor the squad is and hopefully address that in the close season...

We are going back the way; our football is long ball, and it will get is nowhere. Appointing the manager has been and will be a huge mistake.

We are going back the way; our football is long ball, and it will get is nowhere. Appointing the manager has and will be a huge mistake.

He's dealing with the squad that he has available, for months it's been very clear that the midfield struggles to keep possession with simple movement and passing, how many goals have been conceeded by intercepted.passes or someone caught on the ball - the football is looking to bypass the midfield because we don't have a fucking midfield, it's not pretty and I'll be absolutely shocked if it's like this next season. But he shouldn't be judged with these spineless shitebags to try and get something from they lack in ability and more importantly, heart.

Just now, the_r_sole said:

He's dealing with the squad that he has available, for months it's been very clear that the midfield struggles to keep possession with simple movement and passing, how many goals have been conceeded by intercepted.passes or someone caught on the ball - the football is looking to bypass the midfield because we don't have a fucking midfield, it's not pretty and I'll be absolutely shocked if it's like this next season. But he shouldn't be judged with these spineless shitebags to try and get something from they lack in ability and more importantly, heart.

I'm convinced he won't last long in the job next season. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think that will be the case.

Murty wasn't the long term answer but he would've been a cheaper failure than the current managerial team.

I said it along with a lot of others at the time, hire a temp manager I.e. McLeish,  until the end of the season then bring in a new manager (and Dof, remember that chat?!). Clear out the guff in the close season and give the new manager a clean slate. Pedro has two pumpings off the scum and lost to the sheep at ibrox hanging over him going into next year, and so is already got a mountain to climb.

Fucking shambles from top to bottom. 

I'm not jumping on the anti Pedro bandwagon.

Yet.

But I do think that bringing in a interim such as McLeish to see out the season would have been a better move. Especially if there was any realistic chance of getting someone like de Boer in the summer.

Murtys job was to consolidate. To try to pick up this squad of players. He did ok.

Pedro's job is entirely different as a permanent gaffer. It's been to assess, try players in tactics he believes in to see if they're worth keeping.  He's rocked the boat with cancelling days off etc. 

Comparing apples and oranges.

He's also started telling a few they're for the off, and making life he'll for the likes of MOH to encourage him to find pastures new.

I've no doubt he's not respected by tbe majority this under achieving shower of shite and I don't give a fuck if it speeds up the process of getting shot of them.

Yes he's made mistakes, but by fuck nowhere near the scale the players have.

Defeats hurt but hopefully the pain is worth the gain if it gets us ahead for next season with capable winners who want to be here.

30 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Murtys job was to consolidate. To try to pick up this squad of players. He did ok.

Pedro's job is entirely different as a permanent gaffer. It's been to assess, try players in tactics he believes in to see if they're worth keeping.  He's rocked the boat with cancelling days off etc. 

Comparing apples and oranges.

He's also started telling a few they're for the off, and making life he'll for the likes of MOH to encourage him to find pastures new.

I've no doubt he's not respected by tbe majority this under achieving shower of shite and I don't give a fuck if it speeds up the process of getting shot of them.

Yes he's made mistakes, but by fuck nowhere near the scale the players have.

Defeats hurt but hopefully the pain is worth the gain if it gets us ahead for next season with capable winners who want to be here.

I admire your patience, but I also sense some sort of cause to be optimistic that defies the reality; is it hope rather than belief? I hope you are right, I hope for a start we get Dorrans in, and Alves in. If this manager gets a low budget do you really think he will turn this club towards success?

I admire your patience, but I also sense some sort of cause to be optimistic that defies the reality; is it hope rather than belief? I hope you are right, I hope for a start we get Dorrans in, and Alves in. If this manager gets a low budget do you really think he will turn this club towards success?

I think we could have Mourinho or Guardiola or Conte and we wouldn't be a success under King's regime.

I genuinelly like Murty but do not understand everyone calling for him to have stayed.

I was at inverness and dundee away under his charge and they were two lf the worst games ive ever been to.  Everyone said it wasnt his team and he managed a  DRAW against the taigs etc.

Im unsure on pedro but do not get why everyones calling out for murty

51 minutes ago, AljayBoy said:

Murty wasn't the long term answer but he would've been a cheaper failure than the current managerial team.

I said it along with a lot of others at the time, hire a temp manager I.e. McLeish,  until the end of the season then bring in a new manager (and Dof, remember that chat?!). Clear out the guff in the close season and give the new manager a clean slate. Pedro has two pumpings off the scum and lost to the sheep at ibrox hanging over him going into next year, and so is already got a mountain to climb.

Fucking shambles from top to bottom. 

How do you clear out the guff in a couple of weeks during the summer?

Be specific, they're contracted, and can sit tight. And they're shite remember so buyers are rare...

Pedro is getting rid now, and it's clearly impacting the results as I'd imagine there's a fair amount of animosity to him. Which is fine if we manage to get rid of most of the shite.

Murty had a couple of bad results but I honestly think he was starting to make his mark on the team just as he left.

That's not me rewriting history or saying he's a good manager. 

I don't like the way he get's zero credit off some on here for the result at Parkhead when, if Pedro got the same result the same people would giving him all the praise in the world for it and rightly so!

Neither Warburton or Murty or Pedro were/is good enough to be our permanent manager going forward but I thought Murty was the best of a bad lot. That's not me just saying that to justify more hate on Pedro either (as I was accused of from someone last night)

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Whether Murty or not, i firmly believe we've made a monumental fuck up with Caixinha..

If that's the case we will find out very quickly. If things keep going as they are he'll be out by September weekend. He must be given a chance tho

16 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

On a low budget no one will.

Yeah I've got my doubts on the guy I'm just trying to be realistic.

Hearing folk say we should withe league next year, or just get shot of x no of players just like that, are just not being realistic imo and are setting him up to fail. Just don't agree with that.

If he fails, and based on the expectations of many he will, or turns out to be sold a pup by the Board in terms of budget which I also expect, then yeah folk can say I told you so.