We should have left Murty in charge

GOAT

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I've noticed a few people recently have been having a go at Murty solely on those two games, but I think it's extremely harsh and you need to add more context rather than solely look at those two results in isolation.

Dundee went into 6th place that night and went on to pump Motherwell away 5-1, their form dropped massively after that. We didn't deserve to lost at Inverness that night IMO.

There was a clear difference in performances, fight and attitude under Murty than under Pedro and I can't fathom how anybody couldn't see that. We were gradually improving under Murty after the whole Warburton scenario, Pedro came into the club in a better form than what Murty took over. Yet the performances and many of the results since have been unacceptable and far worse than those two games that Murty is getting criticised over.

Murtys game against them was a freak result and performance from this team and if you think he was getting any kind of consistency out of them, I'm not sure where you saw that, they were just as inconsistent as before and after murtys spell in charge.

Murty also knew the Celtic game was his last in charge and had a completely different mindset and task in that game - and the elephant in the room, Celtic were absolutely shite that day and misses chances to win it, we scored a late equaliser from a rebound, it was hardly the great performance some seem to think. He also had a first choice back line to pick from... 

Pedro took over and lost his defense and a couple of midfielders to injury - and also has a completely different job to do than Murty.

These players put some effort in for very short spells in a game, they did that under murty and they do that now, I don't buy for a second that murty built anything in the fight and attitude at all. You look at how some completely shirk responsibility, the gauntlet was thrown down several times by the manager, asking for men, warriors etc got absolutely fuck all reaction. He laid it down again for McKay who is supposed to be playing for a new contract, he was fucking invisible last night, that's nothing to do with the manager.

Arguably the away win at Aberdeen is a better result than the 1-1 given we haven't beaten any top team away since Warburton assembled the squad.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Talk about a freak result and bring up the Aberdeen game? Did you watch that? We were lucky not to be 3-0 down before we scored!

You do realise Waghorn missed two absolute sitters against the scum, right?

Yes, two freak results but one makes a manager great and the other one, makes a manager the wrong choice?! Players are inconsistent shite, end of.

Waggy misses sitters every week, he's consistent at that! Pretty sure I remember Wes saving us a bit, hill getting away with a penalty claim that could have easily been given and the boy Armstrong missing a couple but aye let's just be very selective to try and frame murty as the great manager and Pedro as shite without admitting the players are not capable of consistency at this level, it's all Pedro's fault for putting them to task

17 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

You and others are missing the point here and doing the usual for the Bears Den in being extreme and overstating what people's views on Murty actually are. Unless I've missed the posts, nobody is claiming Murty as some god or great manager. What I've read is people would have preferred him to see out the season and think he was getting more out of the players than Pedro, hardly comments to suggest they believe he was a 'great manager' 

Murty was not great, far from it, but for some reason people want to downplay that he got the players performing better after two bad results. No matter how some try to dress it up as some 'freak result' that day we deserved a point, in my view.

The only person being selective here, is you, and to claim people are solely blaming Pedro is ludicrous as the players are getting slated and everyone knows most are shit. This is about what both got out of the squad and for me it's clear Murty got more, but if you don't believe that fair enough. 

It was a freak result because the players were shite before and after, therefore when they are not shite that's a freak performance.

You selected waghorn missing chances to try and illustrate that you felt the performance was good but failed to acknowledge that we were lucky to scrape a draw that day mostly because Celtic had a poor performance and missed chances.

What you are clearly misunderstanding is what each of them is trying to do with the squad. Murty had no pressure, knew the players, knew it was his last game in charge, had a settled back line available, knew what the players had been working on in training for a season, all he had to do in his time as.caretaker was try to not get humped, he lost to two of the weakest teams in this league before scraping a draw against celtic.

Pedro has a completely different role to take on here in challenging the players to see how they react and work, he doesnt have as many first team players fit and he is trying to assess the full squad who were unknowns to him - and has generally had better opposition than Murty dealt with.

A 1-1 draw against a Celtic team having an off day doesn't suggest any reason that murty would have been better for the last few games of the season.

22 hours ago, GOAT said:

Guarantee the bheggers wouldn't have destroyed us at ibrox and we wouldn't have been in a lot better shape than we are now. 

Guarantee you'd be screaming to get rid of him by now and saying how we should get that Caixinha guy in.

29 minutes ago, The Tavernator said:

Guarantee you'd be screaming to get rid of him by now and saying how we should get that Caixinha guy in.

Guarantee I wouldn't be because I didn't want the guy in the first place. 

I would have prob kept Murty until the end of the season purely as I don't think it has helped anyone for Caixinha to have came in at that stage of the season. I know the qualifiers are early but there is already so much negativity around him (rightly so) and it may have been better for him and the team to make a fresh start after this disastrous season was over.