Barjonas and Beerman

G.E.C.

1 hour ago, Aubie92 said:

The young lads did well. Toral wasn't helping the young lads at the back in the first half, and Foderingham wasn't shouting for balls either. Once Barjonas was on they all looked more comfortable and were communicating. 

Windass can get to fuck though. Good play to set up the goal, but up until then he was fucking up constantly and looking to blame anyone else. He'll never be good enough for Rangers. 

I thought the game turned on Barjonas coming on. We started to look something approaching a team with back to front cohesion. Not nearly enough but I'd excuse the young players from the criticism.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I thought the game turned on Barjonas coming on. We started to look something approaching a team with back to front cohesion. Not nearly enough but I'd excuse the young players from the criticism.

I agree. I think with better players alongside them, Barjonas coming on would have been the turning point to us going on to get something out of the game. But if the likes of Toral, Windass, McKay and Waghorn weren't so mince, we wouldn't have needed two teenagers in Barjonas and Beerman to lead our attacking movements. 

Definitely those 2 have a possible future with us, the rest probably not.

Beerman got stuck in a few times, winning some headers for a small guy but with a bit of aggression. The rest of them, the lack of fight was embarrassing

Could be wrong here due to my low viewing point at the other end of the ground but did beerman not cost the second goal , heading it right back into danger instead of out for a corner or anywhere for that matter ? 

I thought defensively Beerman is still a bit shaky but going forward he was very confident and showed good skill. Barjonas did everything we were lacking before he came on. He stayed in position to stop the space between defence and midfield, took the ball from the defence and looked composed passing it to teammates. Everything Toral failed to do and he's meant to be an Arsenal player from the Barca youth system.

This thread shows why youth seldom gets a chance to develop at Rangers - the fans - developing youth takes game time and acceptance that they will make errors and be inconsistent - we have zero tolerance for that. 

28 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

This thread shows why youth seldom gets a chance to develop at Rangers - the fans - developing youth takes game time and acceptance that they will make errors and be inconsistent - we have zero tolerance for that. 

I agree partly , but the youth need to be good enough.

we can't just throw kids in because they are kids. 

The 4 lads last night done ok , it's a building process and as you've said it takes time, what Bates and to lesser extent the other lads have had in last few weeks is vital experience.

i honestly thought Bates looked out his depth when he first came in but has got better and better as the season has progressed, to the stage I wouldn't have an issue with him playing in any games. 

Beerman needs to work on his defensive positioning but he offers something going forward and I think he'll develop. Barjonas I agree looks like a very good prospect, when he came on he was excellent and I don't think he gave the ball away once and offered us something in the middle of the park we'd been sorely missing up until that point. The only young player I don't really rate is Bates, he's just not confident on the ball at all.

2 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

I agree partly , but the youth need to be good enough.

we can't just throw kids in because they are kids. 

The 4 lads last night done ok , it's a building process and as you've said it takes time, what Bates and to lesser extent the other lads have had in last few weeks is vital experience.

i honestly thought Bates looked out his depth when he first came in but has got better and better as the season has progressed, to the stage I wouldn't have an issue with him playing in any games. 

Agreed - and if we are to develop young players we need to try to recognise where they will be in 2-3 years - not 2-3 matches. It's a big step from development to first team.

9 hours ago, Lothianbear said:

Barjonas was the only positive i take from tonight, thought he played great.

Agreed he was best player on the park by a mile when he came on.

Toral sums up the squads attitude at the minute do not give a fuck. Should be sent back to Arsenal this morning.

36 minutes ago, lazza1873 said:

Agreed he was best player on the park by a mile when he came on.

Toral sums up the squads attitude at the minute do not give a fuck. Should be sent back to Arsenal this morning.

Toral was shocking, should have been hooked much quicker, if he has a shave he might get a game with Arsenal ladies , certainly has no balls. 

11 hours ago, EastEnclosureBear said:

Barjonas looked so composed on the ball, he wasn't looking to get rid of it asap but looking for a pass. 

Start him next game ahead of shite bag Toral and spice boy Windass

Yep he said that in an interview. Loves to get on the ball and can handle having it under pressure. 

Said before his technique stood out for me watching the Youth Cup final. 

4 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

If your good enough your old enough , bates is hardly a youth (think he's 22 not sure) 

beerman is about 5 months younger than that scumbag tierney, who's light years ahead of him

Beerman reminds me of Tom Cowan, who played left-back in the early 90s. Technically decent, who impresses going forward more than actual defending. At least there is something there to work with and improve unlike the majority of his teammates who showed no desire or pride in their performance.

Aidan Wilson & Jamie Barjonas will also play a part in the team going forward in the years to come.

Windass giving the ball away for the hundredth time, then failing to track and challenge his man for the thousandth and screaming abuse at Beerman made me angrier than it should. I hate that fucking cunt, he is everything that's wrong with this team rolled into one. 

1 hour ago, Ivybank said:

If your good enough your old enough , bates is hardly a youth (think he's 22 not sure) 

beerman is about 5 months younger than that scumbag tierney, who's light years ahead of him

Bates is 20. Wilson 18, Beerman just turned 18, Barjonas 18. 

I think Barjonas has some very good qualities to build on. Rarely wastes the ball even under pressure in tight areas. We really lack players like that. Given time he could be a real prospect I think. Seemed to relish his opportunities.

Can only echo what's been said about Beerman. He doesn't look comfortable in making defensive decisions. His ability on the ball is a great platform to build on. 

I'm happy we are bringing players into the first team from the academy. Can only see them being shunted out in the summer however. We don't really have the time to allow young players to learn on the job though.

15 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Two boys didn't put a foot wrong today again. Barjonas has really good technique. Hopefully they can get a start in Perth.

Didn't put a foot wrong?

So the ball into the back post that Beerman then misheadered right up in the air into Rooneys forehead wasn't doing something wrong?

Sounds harsh but he made a fuck up, simple as. Not the first one either.