84 posts in this topic

how did Bates get first team games ahead of him...? looked good today in a hard debut

I'm absolutely amazed Bates has got in ahead of him recently.

Thought the boy was superb tonight, was even demanding the ball, didn't shy away from it at all.

1 person likes this

Just now, Spiderpig said:

how did Bates get first team games ahead of him...? looked good today in a hard debut

Fully agree.

Didn't deserve to be associated with the rest of those imposters.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Take a bow son.

Despite result, can hold his head high, our best player on the night imo.

Composed, decent in air, looked to make himself available and put senior pros to shame.

He's been at the club since the age of 6 apparently, and 54 on his jersey tells me he's one of our own.

Did all that was asked of him. And deserves retaining his jersey on Sunday.

Well done young man.

For a debut of an 18 year old without an experienced centre back alongside he did well and didn't seem nervous. Not saying he's a starter for coming seasons but surely enough there to be cover.

2 people like this

I thought both of them looked alright, though Wilson was far more comfortable on the ball. They had some hairy moments, but Toral offered no support, and there were points where they went for the keeper's ball as Foderingham wasn't shouting for it. I think they're an improvement on Wilson & Kiernan. 

Main problem is that Miller kept having to come back to try to organise them, giving us less options further up the pitch. That's where someone like Bruno Alves is needed. Even Hill wasn't organising the defence that well; we need a communicator in there - and one who won't stand for shitebags trying to pin the blame on their own fuck ups on the defence. 

The boy was fuckin superb tonight , the only bright light tonight  after watching that car crash of a display

2 people like this

I thought him and Bates played well together, were on the same wavelength 

6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Take a bow son.

Despite result, can hold his head high, our best player on the night imo.

Composed, decent in air, looked to make himself available and put senior pros to shame.

He's been at the club since the age of 6 apparently, and 54 on his jersey tells me he's one of our own.

Did all that was asked of him. And deserves retaining his jersey on Sunday.

Well done young man.

Wouldn't say man of the match but gave a good performance. I would think he is one for the future. Well worthy of a start next game

Been saying for weeks Wilson is a far better player than bates, but what do I know I don't get payed thousands to see that! Bates couldn't even get a game with raith, could pick a better team myself

5 minutes ago, Alwaysblue said:

Wouldn't say man of the match but gave a good performance. I would think he is one for the future. Well worthy of a start next game

We didn't have anyone close to motm.

I thought he was our most accomplished player on the night.

Just now, Spectre said:

I thought Barjonas gave a decent account of himself too when he came on. 

Yes mate he had a good 30 min when he came on

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

We didn't have anyone close to motm.

I thought he was our most accomplished player on the night.

I would have given man of the match to Miller. Second place would have gone to Wilson. Not so keen on his first name but his surname is a cracker 😀

The young man done excellent and didn't look phased, bates panics when he has the ball at his feet and doesn't look comfortable.

I think him and beerman could save us a few bob as we don't need to waste money on cover for left back or centre back as they have proven capable of stepping up. Hopefully to develop into 1st choice eventually(all being well!!)

1 person likes this

Yeah was a stand out, rest of the youngsters put the rest of the imposters to shame as well, Barjonas should be a definate starter in the next game as well.

He was better than Bates, but the defence still looked all over the place. 

Hopefully he can develop into our main CB in a couple of years. 

7 minutes ago, Alwaysblue said:

I would have given man of the match to Miller. Second place would have gone to Wilson. Not so keen on his first name but his surname is a cracker 😀

Each to their own.

Though you are wrong 😆 

Was up against 2 big experienced physical strikers and more than held his own. Won plenty in the air against them as well. 

Him, Beerman and Barjonas the only positives tonight. Says a lot for the rest of the shite around them. 

3 people like this

Thought Wilson was excellent and young Barjonas looks very composed. Young boys showed up well and apart from Miller and Fod,the rest of them were a disgrace.

1 person likes this

Aidan*

Done very well tonight considering the circumstances.

15 minutes ago, Spectre said:

I thought Barjonas gave a decent account of himself too when he came on. 

Agree with this mate, some of my pals disagreed but I thought he was well tidy with the ball.