Aiden Wilson.

Take a bow son.

Despite result, can hold his head high, our best player on the night imo.

Composed, decent in air, looked to make himself available and put senior pros to shame.

He's been at the club since the age of 6 apparently, and 54 on his jersey tells me he's one of our own.

Did all that was asked of him. And deserves retaining his jersey on Sunday.

Well done young man.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Take a bow son.

Composed, decent in air, looked to make himself available and put senior pros to shame.

He's been at the club since the age of 6 apparently, and 54 on his jersey tells me he's one of our own.

Well done young man.

For a debut of an 18 year old without an experienced centre back alongside he did well and didn't seem nervous. Not saying he's a starter for coming seasons but surely enough there to be cover.

I thought both of them looked alright, though Wilson was far more comfortable on the ball. They had some hairy moments, but Toral offered no support, and there were points where they went for the keeper's ball as Foderingham wasn't shouting for it. I think they're an improvement on Wilson & Kiernan. 

Main problem is that Miller kept having to come back to try to organise them, giving us less options further up the pitch. That's where someone like Bruno Alves is needed. Even Hill wasn't organising the defence that well; we need a communicator in there - and one who won't stand for shitebags trying to pin the blame on their own fuck ups on the defence. 

6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Take a bow son.

Well done young man.

Wouldn't say man of the match but gave a good performance. I would think he is one for the future. Well worthy of a start next game

13 minutes ago, bluebovril said:

The boy was fuckin superb tonight , the only bright light tonight  after watching that car crash of a display

I thought Barjonas gave a decent account of himself too when he came on. 

5 minutes ago, Alwaysblue said:

Wouldn't say man of the match but gave a good performance. I would think he is one for the future. Well worthy of a start next game

We didn't have anyone close to motm.

I thought he was our most accomplished player on the night.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

We didn't have anyone close to motm.

I thought he was our most accomplished player on the night.

I would have given man of the match to Miller. Second place would have gone to Wilson. Not so keen on his first name but his surname is a cracker ?

I think him and beerman could save us a few bob as we don't need to waste money on cover for left back or centre back as they have proven capable of stepping up. Hopefully to develop into 1st choice eventually(all being well!!)

Was up against 2 big experienced physical strikers and more than held his own. Won plenty in the air against them as well. 

Him, Beerman and Barjonas the only positives tonight. Says a lot for the rest of the shite around them.